No announcement yet.

No vehicules, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT99 did not have vehicles because it was technically impossible to have vehicles in game, but not becouse it "true" FPS MP game and vehicles just make spam attack (not confirmed for me in UT3) and nothing more. Vehicles are a solid part of the game and make the gameworld a more holistic. With vehicles in game in deep theory developers may think about something like dreadnoughts in game as an new additional level of gameplay above the base gameplay level with vehicles.

Even for UT99 as I know the modders wanted to bring something similar to vehicles in game - jetpacks and rocket on which player can fly. And how can you say that vehicles not relevant to the UT game. UC2 looks like the player is a bit vehicle in its essence not because of a third-person, but because much melee attack using weapons and melle weapons.
    Last edited by Andriushka; 11-25-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
      At the current rate of development, vehicles are probably easily 2-3+ years away if they ever do come out. My guess is that the core game will get finished and then Epic will move the devs to another project. I dont think this game will ever get vehicles.
      Yeah, I've pretty much lost hope.

1. 2004 -- Release of UT2k4; ONS and later vCTF gametypes are big hits, among others. Huge online community emerges with maps, competition/clans, mixers, pugs.
      2. 2007 -- Release of UT3. Game is kind of clunky but fun. Small but loyal WAR and vCTF communities persist but dwindle over time.
      3. 2008-2013 -- No one expects return of UT ever. Epic seems not to care after rampant success of Gears of War.
      4. 2014 -- WTF? UT lives again?! Polge says there will be vehicular gametypes. This sub-forum is created. There is some sort of private Epic gathering where vehicular gametypes are discussed. However, nothing occurs except a lot of mental masturbation.
      5. 2015 -- Epic silent on vehicular gametypes other than to say whenever they do get around to ONS/WAR, maybe at the end of 2016, there probably won't be an ORB. No apparent support for contributors by Epic team.
      6. 2016 -- [crickets chirpping]

IMHO, they got our hopes up for nothing. Please, Epic, make me eat my words!
      Last edited by JZL; 12-11-2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

there are 2 main problems for vehicles in UT4

1. to many 99's who can't live in the modern age of gaming

2. still to many problems with the vehicle physics, the change to physx 3.4 has made improvements but hasn't fixed all the issues, i've no idea wether this is a physx problem or an UE4 problem

bottom line is that i personnal doubt anything will be done to fix things as vehicles don't play a roll in VR or moba which are the 2 main areas that Epic seems to be pushing atm

so looks like the 99'ers win
        UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
        ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Andriushka View Post
          . . . Even for UT99 as I know the modders wanted to bring something similar to vehicles in game - jetpacks and rocket on which player can fly. And how can you say that vehicles not relevant to the UT game. UC2 looks like the player is a bit vehicle in its essence not because of a third-person, but because much melee attack using weapons and melle weapons.
          I'm not sure about all that but to the extent a vehicle can be a melee weapon the Manta quickly comes to mind, which in turn leads to . . .

Originally posted by Geodav View Post
          . . . so looks like the 99'ers win
          Yes, this is frustrating because the vehicular gametypes are sooo good. I'd love to see Polge or Wilcox or whoever go grab a Manta and run around and squish and pancake some peeps just to remember the satisfaction of it. It's one of the best weapons in all of gaming and they're letting it rot on the vine. And one of the beauties of it should appeal to the Anointed Ones-- it's balanced against footies! A good foot soldier can use adroit movement skills to dodge and kill a Manta. (And FWIW, I was actually a Raptor *****)

Sigh.

Comment

Vehicles Please. Big Explosions Please.

Comment

Yeah this game isn't done until I can play torlan/onslaught

Comment

I too hope for the day this game has vehicles.

Comment

I took this ss awhile back from the editor so it seems some day they will come to life as placeholders!?
                  http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
                  http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

Vehicles won't remove the arena FPS aspect of UT, there is still pure infantry gametypes, and also things that combines both.
                    However if I have to complain about a thing about the vehicles is the lack of coherence within the unreal tech for most of them, I also would like to get underwater / water exclusive vehicles, vehicles that combines in some way or splits
                    There is a lot of possibilities here

Comment

There is an assumption that "arena FPS" aspect will remove UT. Will remove UT as unique game and UT as game serie. "Arena FPS" aspect is the last thing ever considering UT gameworld and game in general. I do not understand why people cling to this thing. Frag clicker is still frag clicker. Or all this development initially looked like casting in the best clone of the quake, are not others "True FPS titles" which look like editor with textures stretched on it.

In my understanding of UT game development in theory (in practice only Epic games devs can start it, already wrote this) - the first thing that should be done is a half-worked, ugly, without a balance model, without adequate maps with much gray boxes 16x16 vehicles WARFARE game mode, submarines, titans, dreadnoughts in air, everything devs want, and the next when the base part is more or less ready make optional 24x24 bigger gamemodes and smaller usual game modes, CTF, VCTF, TDM, DM, BTS, USN, DWA, BNF, PNS, TRS, GHL and etc. And only in the end to start make Duel gamemode as the most rarely used gamemod which does not crash other game elements. Those. First make a basis to which people from the outside will take seriously. But do not do something that by default needs to be reworked completely, rework and another rework and etc.

Modmaking power is a power only under one condition - if Epic games devs provide them with tools, programs so that people were able to make a standardized plug-in-additional element (maps most of all) to the ready "finaly-builded" game, but did not touch the development of this game. UE4 is not a tool for modmaking, this is a tool for game development as I understand. This all with the condition that bosses would seriously want to develop Unreal Tournament IV on new rails, but in the same sequence as before. If, of course, Epic games bosses are related to Epic games. UT is UT only in usual UT sequence, but now with Free to play model as online game, and why not? Because some people somethere are sick of the word "online" or why?
                      Last edited by Andriushka; 11-11-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X