Basic vehicle attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah really nice work again
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

amazing work there, keep it up
      UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
      ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

This is really great work, wish I had even the faintest idea how to do this kind of thing myself haha.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

I just wanted to give you a little heads up on my vision of this work's flow:

As you can see, it's a multi-step process (and I have to say the higher step the less I know about it ). Also I literally know nothing about online physics replication in current engine (and btw I wonder if it's possible to run a dedicated server and a client on the same PC?).

Anyway, I _still_ have some things to do before I hit my knowledge (or BP) boundaries .

-----
          [MENTION=14867]Darkloser[/MENTION], what kind of improvements you'd like to see? I think such spacecraft would be easier that Raptor-like thing (at least it strongly resembles Redeemer missile in terms of handling).
          Attached Files
          - got sig? -

Comment

So guys, here's my hastily put stress-test wannabe... of some sort. I didn't noticed any fps drop though (however map is literally made of few brushes), so probably level geometry and lightning makes greater impact here. I can't use copyrighted music, so you could play something like ACDC's Thunderstruck in background while watching. Hope you enjoy this!

18 cars, 1 map:
            Last edited by exo7341; 12-23-2016, 10:16 AM.
            - got sig? -

Comment

Wow! Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
                (and btw I wonder if it's possible to run a dedicated server and a client on the same PC?).
                Simulating it in a editor session should be sufficient as long as you have BP only. Otherwise, yes, it does work fine.
                ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

This is fantastic, glimmers of hope for an updated version of Onslaught! Epic, please work on getting the core bits into the production game; I'd love to be able to play UT using a more modern graphics engine than my old UT2004 copy....

Comment

[MENTION=258989]exo7341[/MENTION], basically see something akin to what you have in space opera focused on spaceship combats (Wing commander, Freespace, Strike vector, etc...). That would allow to re-enact maps like Mothership, Jumpship, and so on. The one in UT2k4 was nice, but there still was some weird or wonky movements (Like seeing the ship turn rapidly as it follow your aiming). Now it's mostly for space combat, and there might be some change needed to make it more in line with UT4 (or even Unreal in general) pace, but a starting prototype would already be a good step !

Comment

The flying turret idea is kind of neat. What if they were limited to function only within a certain range of their base, but otherwise are completely mobile. Experimenting with different takes on vehicles could really make it fresh.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                        The flying turret idea is kind of neat. What if they were limited to function only within a certain range of their base, but otherwise are completely mobile. Experimenting with different takes on vehicles could really make it fresh.
                        It flies pretty much like a Raptor would. And similar weapons. Just set up the Mesh and materials and your good to go Very promising Exo...great job!
                        Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

With that flying thing I actually was thinking about something like detachable/dockable vehicle-turret for car like Hellbender:

In terms of gameplay this could be beneficial in a few ways:
                          - strong Hellbender still requires 2 player cooperation
                          - vehicle occupied with single player would not be overpowered

---

@Darkloser, when you mentioned "classic space opera sim" this triggered my long forgotten memories (from around 99/00 maybe), and then this song started playing in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPSjUbf9MuU
                          I think I see you, and surely we could do something space-going too. I just need to clear some things with my current stuff (wheeled vehicle is actually pretty close physics-wise).
                          Attached Files
                          - got sig? -

Comment

That's a neat idea too.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Keep up the good work
                              UT99/U2/2003/2004/UT3 Unreal Life Doz Digital Studio UT MAP MUSIC https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/

Comment

Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
                                So guys, here's my hastily put stress-test wannabe... of some sort. I didn't noticed any fps drop though (however map is literally made of few brushes), so probably level geometry and lightning makes greater impact here. I can't use copyrighted music, so you could play something like ACDC's Thunderstruck in background while watching. Hope you enjoy this!

18 cars, 1 map:

It's amazing!

I'm really happy you did it! ;D

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                                X