Basic vehicle attempt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
    So guys, here's my hastily put stress-test wannabe... of some sort. I didn't noticed any fps drop though (however map is literally made of few brushes), so probably level geometry and lightning makes greater impact here. I can't use copyrighted music, so you could play something like ACDC's Thunderstruck in background while watching. Hope you enjoy this!

18 cars, 1 map:

It's amazing!

I'm really happy you did it! ;D

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

So, without further ado, video demonstration and some combat action (my aim is fubar, so I cut the lenthy footage):
      Great stuff!
      WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
      Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Yay!! (I got a little moist watching that)

Comment

Just stumbled onto this thread.

Wow. Just... wow. Torlan/Onslaught is.. possible!

I agree though, getting that map going would be a good way to have a place to "play" with these things.

Comment

Wow, this looks ace!
            I couldn't tell on the Facing Worlds demo, but do bots even try and shoot you when you're in the vehicle? Or do they target the point where you were last stood or what? I'm by no means at all experienced at the engine, just curious and very impressed

Comment

Originally posted by JellyWX View Post
              Wow, this looks ace!
              I couldn't tell on the Facing Worlds demo, but do bots even try and shoot you when you're in the vehicle? Or do they target the point where you were last stood or what? I'm by no means at all experienced at the engine, just curious and very impressed
              Hey, thanks!

Nope, bots aren't vehicle-aware at the moment (so they literally clueless about what killed them). I'm looking forward to improve this whole project (hopefully) soon. Currently working on moving from "body + separate wheels" formula to "vehicle is a single anim BP driven mesh" one. Also need at least basic replication work - so ideally I could release something like track course to play around.
              - got sig? -

Comment

Hey, thanks!

Nope, bots aren't vehicle-aware at the moment (so they literally clueless about what killed them). I'm looking forward to improve this whole project (hopefully) soon. Currently working on moving from "body + separate wheels" formula to "vehicle is a single anim BP driven mesh" one. Also need at least basic replication work - so ideally I could release something like track course to play around.
                just a quick question, is this done via bp's or are you doing it via code, i'm interested about seeing how the player mesh attached to the vehicle then with entry/exit
                UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Geodav View Post

just a quick question, is this done via bp's or are you doing it via code, i'm interested about seeing how the player mesh attached to the vehicle then with entry/exit
                  ****, for some reason I missed your post... if you're still interested, it's pure BP. Driver's mesh is separate actor/component (that mimics owner's mesh) for now.

----

Although I still haven't touched that project yet, I did some other misc work instead. Now vehicles could be driven in a more appropriate testing environment.

(if you didn't recognized it, it's a round trip from blue base around level; and scale is not tweaked yet)
                  - got sig? -

Comment

****, for some reason I missed your post... if you're still interested, it's pure BP. Driver's mesh is separate actor/component (that mimics owner's mesh) for now.

----

Although I still haven't touched that project yet, I did some other misc work instead. Now vehicles could be driven in a more appropriate testing environment.

(if you didn't recognized it, it's a round trip from blue base around level; and scale is not tweaked yet)

Good work, this vehicle behavior pretty much is already up to par (or nearly at least) with that of UT3's, feels very much like it at least. UT's vehicles have always had this very arcadish style but I liked how UT3 made those mantas especially more maneuvrable, for me UT2k4's felt a bit too stale.
                    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 05-12-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

np's exo, still watching , so atm it doesn't attchualy take the current player mesh, if i understand right. keep up the good work. atm i just don't have the energy for dev stuff
                      UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                      ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Much agreed Geodav. not only the energy but incentive! Not until epic throws us a bone and puts in the basic code! A few days of coding really guys? Still waiting and then its game on!
                        Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

So much love for it <3

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Now we need some 3D modelers to make a new HellBender and Scorpion and Manta and Raptor. It makes me so happy to see people working on vehicles for this game. This is the kind of thing I would pay for. I think there is a lot of potential in vehicles for customization and micro-transactions. So many possibilities for an awesome game. Epic could already be making money off of them. I would pay for a new Raptor skin. I wouldn't even mind some sort of pay to win stuff as long as everything you could buy that gives you an advantage in game, like guns, could also be bought with credit you earned in the game. It would just take you a while to get it.

Vehicles are gonna happen. Even if Epic stops working on the game today some smart people will pick it up and make an ONS/WAR game-type. You should call your work "Unreal Warfare". Claim that name now because it could work. Actually I think Epic needs to release a completely different game, or at least an expansion type thing, called Unreal Warfare. It would include all vehicle game-types.

Keep up the good work exo. I'm sure there are lots of people out there that are cheering for you. I hope Epic doesn't discard all the work the community has done towards vehicles and instead gives credit where it's due and tries to work with those people willing to give their free time towards making something happen. Get on it Epic. You could be making money off of me already.
                            http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a...psriplu1m9.png

Comment

Ah, guys! Thanks for your support! It's really a pleasure to know I'm not alone with that my passion.

I've just tweaked landscape's scale and size (and also got 3 original textures imported + sketchy painting), so now it looks more like a thing. I'm also showing my personal concept of a vehicle here - just not sure if it worth a shot for tho...

- got sig? -

Comment

That tricycle concept is really cool! I like the idea of a tricycle.

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Working...
                                X