No announcement yet.

Basic vehicle attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really cool, it functions well minus the damping. Have you seen the shopping carts in Fortnite? They have the physics down really well and they have air control. If only they would transfer it to UT.
    Last edited by Calypto; 06-15-2018, 03:29 AM.
    UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

Please don't overestimate vehicles. They are not special or unique. They won't bring any big playerbase, maybe a few players. We don't even have a gamemode, like i said. Maybe i get it done, let's see. But it won't change anything
      Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

that psychology xD i appreciate it and get your point. But it has nothing to do with negative or positive outlook. it's realistic. New maps, mutators, gamemodes etc were made. Epic is still quiet and players drop. Vehicles are nice i agree and would be a great addition, but won't change much. Let's see what comes
        And yes skins alone can bring money, but we don't even have a implemented shop system neither does epic any work on it, except the hat shop.

Comment

Checking back in and seeing that Epic not only abandoned this game, but decided to nerf everything compared to the fast-paced UT2004, I have to ask: do we have the theoretical ability to take the existing engine and artwork, etc. and run our own independent community version of UT4 (call it UT4 Arcade Edition or somesuch) with the balance tweaked back to more "fun" settings? I'd love to see the wide open maps (anyone remember Panalesh?) along with vehicles, jumps, dodges, all the infinite ways you could combine these into doing something new and yet appropriate for the situation.

If Epic won't do it for us, is there a technical or legal reason we can't just make it happen with the current access we all have to the engine source?

Comment

yes sure, we have https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/content double jump mutator for example enables 2k4 dodge jump then pro weapon does faster weapon switch. The bad thing ist, this communityx doesn't like movement or weapon changes, there are many opinions of last playing which are often legacy players. What stays in the end is basic settings of UT4, cause we dont get a common sense on what is better, although we have the tools working already

Comment

This is made in UE4 (4.21), and a vehicle has almost same physics setup as the one in my previous post. As you can see, it shows no spring damping problems (don't mind gravity, sound and other stuff):

However ultimately, it seems that it's not the physics that actually prevents vehicles in UT4 - but rather a lack of native support for vehicle's state replication, which is important for weapon fire (prediction/rewind etc), proper vehicle-to-vehicle collisions and vehicle-to-player hits.
              - got sig? -

Comment

nice work there, the replication works for me. You have to change the variables in multicast, then it works fine. For collision i set a box at front, which does roadkill on player overlap. i guess you could do "event hit" too.

Comment

This is the latest version of what I got so far (only physics - please don't mind the rest of vehicle, like improper turret etc). The level is made by Mogno.

- got sig? -

Comment

Great progress... I would love to add vehicles to my VCTF map!
                    Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                    X