X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JetPacks as Pickups

In my new UT vehicles could be some sort
    of absolute rarities and also not doublejump
    be enough and bring in some jetpack pickup!
    GOod STUff HERe <<

First of all, what?^

Second of all, there are already jump boots as pickups.

Comment

It's Kaal979, he sometimes doesn't make sense at all. Just nod and pretend you understand.
      <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
      <TNSe> nono
      <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
      <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
      <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
      <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Use your original language and then a translation, if some of us speak your language we could make more sense out of your idea.

Comment

I've thought about this and I think it would be pretty sick.

That's something that was always frustrating about boots. Players are always camping and waiting for them to spawn and only 1 player gets them.
          Jetpack should be something that UT4 should absolutely consider as at least a mutator option that players can vote for.

I personally was blown away by UT3 and it's VCTF and Warfare vehicles changed my view of gaming forever.
          I loved every vehicle, each had it's own killer attributes, I dare say I and many others would also love some form of jetpack.

Comment

a jetpack I love it! Doesn't have to be in the core game wormbo..

It can be a mutator that replaces deemer or sumn
            pew pew in a jetpack!
            BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
            DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord
            ‚Äč
            Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

We already have jump boots, there is no need to add in jetpacks as well.

Comment

Come on guys, are you really thinking at Reakktor's level? A jetpack and Jumpboots are not the same, they can offer very different experiences. Jumpboots are more charged based while a Jetpack would likely be fuel consumption based.

Comment

If you want to play an Arena Shooter with jetpacks, I'd recommend Tribes: Ascend. They're becoming too mainstream nowadays especially with Titanfall, and UT shouldn't have a jetpack because there are already numerous other ways to ascend upwards.

Comment

I totally agree - jetpacks were the
                    coolest addition since idk. .. relics?

P.S.: Oh - wait - thats yo
                    my own thread (lmao)!
                    Btw - i tried Tribes Ascend but
                    couldnt turn off certain markers.
                    And this with the old fakerbots
                    in mind - no thanks.
                    Last edited by Kaal979; 01-24-2015, 06:17 PM.
                    GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Did anyone here play Unreal 2 XMP? (eXpanded Multi Player) Awesome multiplayer experience where I think jetpacks were best implemented.
                      UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
                      Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
                      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Personally, I don't think it is a bad idea to add it in. However only for like a few maps. Then again, if there is animo for it and they don't add it, someone will make a mod for it and it will be on the marketplace.

Comment

We have jetpacks on UT3 Hedsteem VCTF & Rumple's Bloodshed Warfare. Jetpacks replace the hoverboards permanently on Rumple's Bloodshed, & are only in maps with a _JPE tag on the end of the map name on Hedsteem's VCTF. I made a mutator that checks the Min recommended players in the maps default properties & if it's set to 0 it swaps out the hoverboard for the jetpack.
                          General Poor Behavior II
                          http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...psi5debu8k.jpg

Comment

Hey there, just letting you know know about a jet pack pickup mutator I made for ut4:

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...etpack-mutator
                            Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
                            www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Working...
                            X