No announcement yet.

Would Like Some Tank Vehicles In Combat Environment Such As These

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Would Like Some Tank Vehicles In Combat Environment Such As These

UDK Vehicle Tank:

The Development Process:
    We take what we know and build something from that.

In a Combat Environment such as this, not exactly like this, but with some UT style:

The Development Process:

Comment

Originally posted by KnightTechDev View Post
      UDK Vehicle Tank:
      In fact, that's one of the standard UT3 vehicles, the Goliath. The "Axon" vehicle set from UT3 was first introduced on UT2004, with SPMA, Paladin and Cicada being "late-comers", as they were only added with the first UT2004 bonus pack.
      <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
      <TNSe> nono
      <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
      <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
      <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
      <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
        In fact, that's one of the standard UT3 vehicles, the Goliath. The "Axon" vehicle set from UT3 was first introduced on UT2004, with SPMA, Paladin and Cicada being "late-comers", as they were only added with the first UT2004 bonus pack.
        Ok, I'm familiar with Cicada, nice, ok so perhaps I found something you know about and might agree on?

Let's add it then and I'll drive it and do like Arnold with his Patton and run over some empty oil barrels. lol

Omg wow, so you're saying that legally we can add it back into the new game somehow? It's like an early Merry Xmas 2014, I got first dibs, I'm like a kid in a candy store right now.

Oh wait, I'm gonna make a bigger one and name it Zeus.

I'll man the big turret gun cannon you man the small machine gun lol.
        Last edited by KnightTechDev; 07-01-2014, 11:54 AM.
        The Development Process:

Comment

i won't comment on the tank's handling in that second video, but tanks in ut2004 / ut3 / udk no probs thanks to jetfire's track code (for mod use in ut3/udk)

ps. just in case you haven't seen this post https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...le-prototyping
          UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
          ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Geodav View Post
            i won't comment on the tank's handling in that second video, but tanks in ut2004 / ut3 / udk no probs thanks to jetfire's track code (for mod use in ut3/udk)

ps. just in case you haven't seen this post https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...le-prototyping
            Hey bro thanks for reminding me, UT3 vehicles added for prototyping, I didn't see it in that folder I'll check it again, that weapon alignment was off last I checked on the characters gun and I didn't see any map but the regular example one, no other maps, was hoping to test that map shown in recent video with the timer.

Have you ever tried using DAZ Studio 4.6 to rig vehicle? I was able to easily do character meshes and creatures and export and import into UDK but the vehicles couldn't figure out but got it working in Blender, I dunno if it's something with the bone weighting or what.

Had this turret tested in UDK, and yeah that wheel radius on Scorpion, lol:

-Thanks
            Last edited by KnightTechDev; 07-01-2014, 12:57 PM.
            The Development Process:

Comment

On the Tank shooting in the earth.. but i have a question, where be the hole in the earth ?
              maybe can make the fx so like by shooting on the street or in the earth, create shootingholes
              from the tank in the floor .. (and fill up the floor behind 2 minutes or something)
              if it's possible ?
              and an shoot in the water, maybe a big "whhhoshhhhh" ...
              as idea ..

best regards
              Blacky

Comment

No, I would not. Tank battles in such spaces ain't fun for me when the environment is indestructible.

Comment

Tank should have tank like armor rather than just a lot of hit points. Tanks have tough front armor and weak rear armor. Would like to see that reflected. The UT2k4 Goliath looks like a break through tank. Break through tanks have strong side armor as well. Something like the German tiger or Soviet IS-2.

Other UT vehicles with no actual thick armor can have just hit points but for the Goliath tank, would like to see damage reduction in a fashion like below:

Tank Turret-
                  Front: 75% damage reduction
                  Sides: 50% damage reduction
                  Rear: 0% damage reduction
                  Top: 0% damage reduction

Tank Hull:
                  Front: 60% damage reduction
                  Sides: 40% damage reduction
                  Rear: 0% damage reduction
                  Top: 0% damage reduction

Also, if programming allows it, small caliber weapons should take further damage reduction, even if shooting the rear as penetration cability of small arms is low. That would include: enforcer, assault rifle, flak primary, mini gun, stinger, and reaper. Maybe lightning gun, and sniper rifle too.

With that, proper use of tanks to fully maximize the armor will encourage more strategies, tactics, and teamwork. If the team attacks in combined arms with tank, then they are more likely to succeed. If tanks run out solo and unsupported, they are easy to flank and destroy.

Comment

Working...
                  X