Humanized Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humanized Vehicle

I would like to see something unreal in the vehicle department and that is bringing a vehicle on par(code etc. wise) with the character counterpart, what i mean is a vehicle that can move and perform like Humans/Animals/Characters can and yet remains a vehicle.Can twist and bend and other things Humans/Animals/Characters can do, but still drive with 4 wheels. The problem i guess comes down to controls because you'd think they have to be quite complex, but maybe there is a way. Maybe all this be is animation and code i don't know, but i remember in ut2004 it took a stunt mutator to just be able to crouch and jump etc. I won't pretend i know anything about video game development, so don't hurt me to bad with comments. Just is i never saw a game that had a vehicle like this.
    The over all idea is to make a vehicle that you yourself could create your own moves and tricks to do things in the game from simple to complex. Humans/Animals/Characters can do alot of things, hence where the idea came from.

My thoughts on the ideal: (from a wheeled perspective)
    Using Simplistic input for complex moves i think be key also with something like this,so some sort of overlay or key combination(other ideas be great). Like when doing acrobatics some things require mostly the arms, hands, elbows and feet, but some might require more like knees, etc. so in this case it be wheels and suspension doing the same thing like cartwheels, handsprings, walkovers etc.by inputing certain things.(just an example) Probably a buggy could do alot of these things since they are open wheeled etc. and have suspension which could be used like arms and legs, but they can't really bend or twist or straighten wheels(hands/feet),suspension(arms/legs) out like we can. I would like to see what we or epic could come up with. It's kinda out there, but i think it be neat if possible. Even some sort of weight shifting, using the center of ballance, or even leaning for being able to do things like this. You also could go the route to keep it simple controls by having different moves while grounded and other moves while in the air.(so ground control and air control)

In real world you can find examples from mars(space) rovers/robots to airbag and hydraulic cars, so don't think this be completely far fetched.

Examples:

Now i am not looking for hoppin hydros or anything like that, this is just a example of making a vehicle do some moves by simple input.

This whole thing more or less is an overall Ideal of an idea with freedom of movement at its base and as simple input controls as possible.

Some famous designer made a drawing of a vehicle that i thought be close to a good design for this type of thing, ofcourse can't really use the exact thing, but...

This doesn't have a twist or bend etc. is just a base for design type looks maybe.(I can kinda picture a Humans/Animals/Characters laying face down in the vehicle design, arms and legs stretched out. Even as far as an insect, like a water bug)

You can see some unique movements from a water bugs perspective. :P

Or a suite you wear with wheels etc. be closer to the overall ideal don't know.(Jackie Chan has here in one of his movies, can click on picture for video of him in that part of movie. If you wanna see more suit designs look up rollerman, just thought they kinda looked like ut2004 characters. : ) )Maybe even more car then a suite that you clip into or something.

Click on picture for video:

If you watch the video you can see Jackie even shoots a rocket from his back.(so in other words could have weapons as well) Kinda like specialized armour or something. Also doesn't the first part of the video look like a Unreal Tournament map. :P A powered version of the suit be neat and to me this looks more like it fits Unreal Tournament. Imagine the maps that would be produced for this sorta thing.

I guess skateboarding is what most would picture here.
    both skating and what i am talking about you can make your own movements with freedom only limited by ability, creativity, physics, gravity and maybe hardware.

Anyway i think i gave a good broad idea of what i would like to see a vehicle/s in Unreal Tournament be. Would like to be able to say: "Man that vehicle is Unreal!"

Unreal Tournament needs a competitive vehicle gaming league. :P

Would like to see what other people think?

Maybe even some concepts from the ideal.

2 Mods i liked in ut2004.

Carball the closest to getting alot of movement.(played this 8 or more years now.) Also Carball had a competitive league.
    Which had nice air movements and ground. Nice weapon pickups and boost. Pretty much can do some good movement except for roll. Is a pretty good base though.
    more or less you could go forward, backward, turn left, turn right, brake/hand brake, crouch, charge jump, quickflip, charge jump spin, while on ground. In the air you could spin slowly left and right, rotate your nose up and down.
    With pickups you could boost, alt boost which is sorta like a weak dash up and fire weapons like rocket, mine, goo and a couple other weapons some maps had(these also had alt weapons). Then there also was a chip ability that is neat for chipping the ball you play with and there is a goo launcher you charge and launch goo with.

Not many playing right now, but i have a twitch channel when i play which is http://www.twitch.tv/slinkyjim
    Which has links to the old site and to where you can get the latest version of the mod.
    Also a old tutorial a guy named Peaced in the mod made years ago that can show you lot of moves and other things carball can do, some of it is setup also. http://vimeo.com/4646727

and Unreal Demolition
    Had barrel roll and a boost system that was neat.:

Here is some more designs i found searching on the net that might give some inspiration:
    lizard vehicle

MCB4

mercedes_gtk

Wearable Segway mobile transport

There was a anime that had a 2 wheel sort of like the idea with weight shift called Rideback
    Video
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cyborgion; 09-24-2015, 05:23 PM.

This would be a whole new game or large gametype as I said in an other thread. Vehicle Tournament.

Comment

This would be a whole new game or large gametype as I said in an other thread. Vehicle Tournament.
      Definitely could be, but doesn't necessarily have to be.

Suit type Humanized type vehicle thought: Lately i been imagining a cyborg character that slings his/her ut weapons over his/her shoulders into what looks like a backpack(point out straight over his/her head from the backpack), which make these weapons into the vehicles weapons and then two rods pop out of the back pack to his/her sides(kinda like throttle controls on jet packs like in 007 and Kick *** movie). Then cyborg pulls out in front of him/her the rods bringing out the wheels to his/her hands and feet and they blow up into bigger wheels and armor extends over his/her head and a jet(cone shaped like nasa vehicle in original post) over his/her back end and armor over his/her side making him/her his/her own vehicle, could go in the secret agent mode even, if there was to be one. (probably only cyborgs could handle it, because there part machine) Would probably have low armor, but be very agile/acrobatic and fast. More or less making him/her self into a buggy with extraordinary movement.
      Just a thought

I can't draw(remember this :P), but ruff beginning sketch: Definitely needs more cyborg/vehicle like look (Mine looks like ninja turtle) and would have to hide wheels etc. till used, was thinking maybe having half circles attached to armor or hidden in back pack, then that forms the rims and wheels. Those boxes out the top(above head) were suppose to be weapons. :P Definitely need to play around with the design. Maybe use elastic type bands around the waste and neck for the body/vehicle to twist and bend and a back bone like roll bar in the back attached for strength support.(boy do i wish i could draw) Probably someone good at drawing could just make armor that looks and forms the vehicle, but that is why i am just giving the idea. Not looking for transformers type design, but one entity if that makes sense.

Anyway this is just to give the idea: (ruffly) If bent arms and legs would look like regular buggy more or less.

Human:

Vehicle:

Now controlling all that movement is another story and as a vehicle also.

I Would love to see some concept art.

I actually found another thing like this.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/exocar-...port-30-07-09/

:P

2 Mods i liked in ut2004.

Carball the closest to getting alot of movement.(played this 8 or more years now.) Also Carball had a competitive league.
      Which had nice air movements and ground. Nice weapon pickups and boost. Pretty much can do some good movement except for roll. Is a pretty good base though.
      more or less you could go forward, backward, turn left, turn right, brake/hand brake, crouch, charge jump, quickflip, charge jump spin, while on ground. In the air you could spin slowly left and right, rotate your nose up and down.
      With pickups you could boost, alt boost which is sorta like a weak dash up and fire weapons like rocket, mine, goo and a couple other weapons some maps had(these also had alt weapons). Then there also was a chip ability that is neat for chipping the ball you play with and there is a goo launcher you charge and launch goo with.

Not many playing right now, but i have a twitch channel when i play which is http://www.twitch.tv/slinkyjim
      Which has links to the old site and to where you can get the latest version of the mod.
      Also a old tutorial a guy named Peaced in the mod made years ago that can show you lot of moves and other things carball can do, some of it is setup also. http://vimeo.com/4646727

and Unreal Demolition
      Had barrel roll and a boost system that was neat.:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cyborgion; 11-20-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X