Weapon switch speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon switch speed.

I love the alpha so far, but the one thing that just seems way 'off' to me is the weapon switching. Maybe it's not the actual speed of the swap that bothers me, but the fact you hit the hotkey for the weapon, and it almost seems as though the animation itself "lags" for a moment before activating. Again maybe it's just me but it just seems "off" for some reason. Anyone else share the sentiment? Just curious.

The switching is to slow for me too. But i think the reload time is a bit slow also.

Comment

I think that the switch speed should be made slightly faster. I also have the same kind of feeling that when I hit the hotkey it doesn't seem to register instantly and occasionally not at all. A balance needs to be met though, somewhere between 2k4 and what we have now (perhaps closer to 2k4 than ut4 :]) would feel about right for me personally.

We could do with a few more rocket knockup ---> sniper airshot moments imo
      :|

Comment

Old topic already discussed lots of times. Anyway it seems its time to reactivate it.

Totally agree with flik. The fact that rocket>snipe is not possible proves that switch time is too long.
        Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
        https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
        http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
        Discord PUG Community

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
          We could do with a few more rocket knockup ---> sniper airshot moments imo
          Like dis?! http://www.mediafire.com/watch/gjww8...iper_combo.mp4 (old school + sorry for potato)
          Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Yes please, I was all my weapons bound to my mouse buttons and the delay from clicking to it the weapon switch is really jarring.

Comment

I agree that current weapon switch speed is too slow.

Comment

Agree must be faster

Comment

maybe a little bit, but not for all weapons, for flak, rocket, mini not coz they are really powerfull, but for sniper yes.

Comment

Originally posted by scratch View Post
                    maybe a little bit, but not for all weapons, for flak, rocket, mini not coz they are really powerfull, but for sniper yes.
                    Disagree, I think we need one switch time for all weapons. If some seem too strong after weapon switching is sped up then they can be adjusted then.

Comment

Honestly, every time I play nowadays I feel like it's too fast. The animations seem slower than the actual switch speed, but you can fire pretty quickly after switching. Sometimes I run out of ammo and before I even realize it I've already fired a shot from another weapon.

Comment

The issue I notice the most with the weapon switch speed tends to be more noticeable in ctf, particularly when you are trying to switch to and from the translocator. I think that it needs to be faster the most in those situations because the gametype itself is so reliant upon being able to kill someone and then translocate to get a flag pickup or return or transing to get a pickup then switching to a weapon to defend yourself. An extra 20ms delay in switch speed can be the difference between getting a return or getting killed by someone while you're switching weapons and trying to trans to the flag.
                        irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

Comment

needs to be buffed, we have nerfed shock enough no need to empower only rl/flak close range

weapons in combinations are the best and switching midfigh in duel seems terribly slow

Comment

I Agree it should be much faster.

Comment

Agreed, weapon switch to trans is just like you're waddling along in CTF on D - waiting for the weapon/trans to switch, all while the enemy is shooting your face off and the flag runner is getting away.
                              Youtube | Twitch | Twitter | Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X