gouldfinger
    drmadman
    fjaru
    nobrainsnoaims^
    tetsu

Against:
    flamesoff1
    moxnix

I believe this might be considered overwhelming?
    Last edited by sinshiva; 10-24-2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

IDK, the way MoxNix posts, he is the only one who knows what's best and is always speaking for the majority, so surely his opinion overwhelms the rest of us. Meanwhile we are just the "self entitled few" noobs who all want instant 2k3 weaponswitch just so we can get a kill. It's only a matter of time before all the best players on behalf of whom he speaks start posting to support him. Stay tuned!
      NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
      My movies on YouTube:
      UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
      , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
      UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

the current weapon switch is just too slow for this game.

Comment

I created a POLL so we can visualize what the community actually thinks about Weapon Switch Speed.

Please answer the POLL here : https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...Speed-Too-Slow
          UT2004 Demo Skill

Comment

I have a few weapon binds - Shock, Flak, Rockets & Translocator. I then use Next / Previous Weapon from that reference point. So if I want the mini-gun I'll go Flak and then Previous weapon. It was quick in previous version, but sometimes it gets a real lag - as if every weapon shift counts as one. e.g. a weapon shift take 0.5 seconds and if I want to do 2 quick Previous Weapon presses in a row... it takes 1 second.

This can be very frustrating in battle. I think the delay should be in firing rather than switching.
            Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

So I'm in the boat that weapon switch speed should be faster. With UT, duels or DM, the nature of the fight can change in an instant: the opponent closes a gap, somebody hits a lift and walldodges out in order to escape, whatever; having the right weapon and the wits to switch and utilize it should be rewarded. It also creates some ambiguity in duels. Is that cat I just fragged headed for an armor or is he gonna pick up a second weapon so as to better fend me off? Of course, this last question presumes that weapons can compliment each other and fill in each other's definitive gaps - that they have, and this word buzzes lately, a niche.

I believe that increasing weapon switch speed should go hand-in-hand with balancing of weapons. Some weapon design decisions seem to be leading us this way:
              Link Primary cancelling Shock Orbs? *****in. If somebody's tryin' to field me with their combo-candidates and I'm trying to close distance (flak holstered in my belt), then my primaries aren't leading the enemy in hopes of dealing damage, I am just trying to clear the way so I can get close enough to effectively utilize flak. ASMD ain't gonna save him when I'm close. Unfortunately, I don't realize he has a rocket launcher at the ready if I successfully navigate into closer range.

I dunno, I know that was a kinda contrived. Just boosting weapon switch speed as things are may cause problems, but with prudent balancing of weapons I think we will end up with more interesting decision-making at higher eschelons of play. I think I've seen it proposed that increasing dodge speed could help mitigate some of the weapons that are proving difficult to balance: hitscan will still be hitscan, and I think at least Shock and Sniper are in a good place. But weapons that are relying on splash will definitely have less time to snake that damage in if the opponent's reaction or call is on par.

Comment

wep switch must be faster , keep in mind many people dont even go to the forum / reddit youtube wherevere and basically anyone who played arena shooters before find it odd how "slow" it is.

i can switch to a secondary in cs:go or any previous TACTICAL shooters in the blink of an eye after my m4 is empty isntead of reloading i swap to usp and bambambam secure a kill , get out alive or die trying - here merely the thought of swapping weapons in an almost melee fight is a semi-deathsentence unless the player is worse than you.

Comment

Completely agree. Weaponswitch and firerate seems quite slow to me as well. Vanilla UT99 had a very slow weapon switch as well, but with UTPure's FastWeaponSwitch (= FWS, which was widely used in every competitive environment in leagues, ladders etc.) it was perfect.

Comment

On one hand predicting which weapon you'll need to fire next is a tactical skill that should be rewarded by getting to shoot first while your opponent switches weapons. The same goes for playing your opponent into a situation that suits your current weapon better than their current weapon. On the other hand it would be cool if a variety of weapon combos were viable techniques, for example link pull someone and flak them before they land. So the ideal switch speed is fast enough to enable combos yet slow enough to give you the first shot if your opponent switches weapons when you don't.
                    Last edited by MegaLokey; 11-05-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X