Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enforcer alt-fire featuring 3-pellet shotgun instead of 3-round burst.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enforcer alt-fire featuring 3-pellet shotgun instead of 3-round burst.

Instead of a 3-round burst, could the enforcer fire the 3 rounds simultaneously? whether the alt fire is a hitscan or a projectile, I would prefer a shotgun style attack. it would be easier to quickly dispatch a better-geared opponent if you were able to sneak up on them. also it would make the alt fire a little more viable (i think) because right now i rarely see people use the alt fire. The interval between shots is too long, and the recoil is too great between shots. so basically you may get one shot on the enemy, and then waste 2 more rounds.

what do you all think?

Wow, I actually really like this idea. Enforcer, as a starter weapon, needs to be more useful in close range and discourage people from chasing you down - this will be really good for that, as you should be able to land all three shots only in close range.

The current alt fire is indeed too unreliable to use most of the time, sometimes you can get 3 shots on someone and other times only 1. So yes, I'm all for this being implemented!

Comment

I think they should just change the 3 round burst to the old unreal rapid fire at the cost of more accuracy alt fire... the Enforcer is a starter weapon so it's NOT supposed to be that strong (can you imagine this becoming the new flak because it's now a pocket shotgun, I mean you remember the rage this caused in Halo 4 pre boltshot nerf?)... This would allow it to remain in the position of a starter weapon while at the same time still allow it to be relatively useful as a last resort...

Comment

i liked how it was in ut99.
        primary is slower ROF and more precise and secondary was much faster but less precise

Comment

Just like the minigun, but it's bland to do it this way besides UT99 had the strongest starter weapon (25 dmg per shot unlike UT3 who did 20 with much less ammunition in reserve)
          I personally do like the shotgun idea it anyways will make you unable to shoot for a long period like 1 sec
          So saying it will be strong ... It already was in UT99, the other idea is hyperburst, it will be similar to the shotgun idea and burst idea as it's pretty much a super fast burst with a long down time

Comment

Originally posted by Sponsky View Post
            Instead of a 3-round burst, could the enforcer fire the 3 rounds simultaneously? whether the alt fire is a hitscan or a projectile, I would prefer a shotgun style attack. it would be easier to quickly dispatch a better-geared opponent if you were able to sneak up on them. also it would make the alt fire a little more viable (i think) because right now i rarely see people use the alt fire. The interval between shots is too long, and the recoil is too great between shots. so basically you may get one shot on the enemy, and then waste 2 more rounds.

what do you all think?
            It can't shoot like shotgun because it's a pistol. Maybe fast burst, but not shotgun-like shot.
            DM-Aerowalk| DM-StompingGrounds

Comment

It can shoot like a black hole gun if the devs want it to... isn't it supposed to be Unreal?

Comment

Originally posted by AccualyIsDolan View Post
                It can shoot like a black hole gun if the devs want it to... isn't it supposed to be Unreal?
                It's Unreal Tournament, not Unrealistic Tournament.

Comment

I actually like the idea, it would make dual wielded enforcer kinda dangerous, with a good unprecise 6 bullet going out in one shot, you had a kinda long could down to keep the flak cannon better than it, and you could see guys spawn traping missing a target and getting 6 in 1 shoted by an akimbo guy.

Comment

i like this idea, too, but each pellet would have to do no more than like 10 damage per

Comment

Originally posted by Danko955 View Post
                      i liked how it was in ut99.
                      primary is slower ROF and more precise and secondary was much faster but less precise
                      This. It worked awesome with secondary firing animation.

Comment

A shotgun type blast might either be OP or useless depending on how its implemented. I'd rather just see the enforcer's alt fire mode have a faster, more accurate burst. Or go back to 99's "faster but less accurate" mode.

Comment

I don't mind going back to the faster but less accurate secondary that was UT99 but if we're really going to go that route, we NEED to make it more accurate than the spread it had it '99. Secondary was almost useless because of its massive inaccuracy.
                          And still I wait...

Comment

There's no reason why we can't have the "Fire" (UT99 LMB), "Fire Faster" (UT99 RMB), and a third firemode on the Enforcer. Having a firemode that is basically, "Fire Faster" is kind of a disappointing waste of potential, but it does obviously have a place in terms of usage.
                            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Working...
                            X