No announcement yet.

Dear Epic... You're doing it wrong!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I think this **** show has gone on long enough. Can an admin please close this thread? It's no longer productive.
    Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

OOPS, I TRIPPED AND DROPPED SOMETHING

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
        Okay I think this **** show has gone on long enough. Can an admin please close this thread? It's no longer productive.
        Neil, I find it amusing that you're petitioning for the closure of this thread, when you have been in favor of every change I have suggested and voiced your opinions on it previously, but now because you have me blocked on steam/facebook you're doing a 180. Way to stay true to your beliefs big guy.

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
        Your video is out of context here, because they are talking about "a little bit of imbalance" the problem right now isn't "a little bit of imbalance" it's "completely ****ing broken." Also, your video lost all credibility when they brought up league of legends. Can't deal with garbage like that.
        Last edited by Dr.ToxicVenom; 10-27-2015, 10:04 PM.
        Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
        MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
        Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.ToxicVenom View Post
          Your video is out of context here, because they are talking about "a little bit of imbalance" the problem right now isn't "a little bit of imbalance" it's "completely ****ing broken." Also, your video lost all credibility when they brought up league of legends. Can't deal with garbage like that.

I honestly wasn't taking a side with this argument, rather: if this thread were a discussion hall, I was providing the catering.

BUT

Now that you've completely disregarded the single most popular game in the world as total ****, I know where to stand now.

I've never played LoL, but lets face it: Epic would be bursting sales targets having 5% of the active players LoL has. The fact that you don't want to maybe, perhaps, just a little glean some experience from their success.. well, That's quite telling of what goals you have in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
            Just because the loudest few self proclaimed experts don't like the way the discussion is going they shouldn't be able to shut the thread down. No matter how much they argue, troll and flame.

In fact if Epic wants real feedback, they should shut down the trolls for a change and let others speak.

Comment

Or can you just not argue the fact that 150 armor and the current weapon stats are not balanced in 1v1? Because this is really just a fact that can not be argued or disputed.
              I'm not trying to argue that, the point is I agree with that. We just disagree that UT needs a globally balanced armor system. Unbalanced isn't even the word to describe a player grabbing the 150 shield belt, carefully avoiding conflict until the next shield is about to appear and then grabbing it again. This is borderline cheating and I've seen duelers do it time and time again on screen. The shieldbelt grants significantly more power than any other pickup (50 to be exact) and has 100% damage resistance. You can argue map control all day, but Duel is more about shieldbelt control then map control at its current state and that is not fun to watch. Quake 1v1 is easily much more entertaining to watch than UT4 Duel at its current state and its mostly due to to a 150 charged shield and nothing else. Also, I'm not trying to say the weapons are "imperfectly balanced" either, but the main culprit of bad Duel matches in my eyes are due to the current armor system.
              Last edited by Quadj130; 10-27-2015, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine
                I think some of your ideas are good but not all.

I just think this thread is past its prime.

That duel is still on the table!
                Well, its not like this forum is absolutely bursting at the seams with activity. Maybe we should take what traffic we can get. Bad discussion is better than NO discussion!

Comment

@kazeo thankfully you quoted me. Don't ever try to edit a post on your phone, this forum auto deletes it! XD

Okay fine we'll let him have some more fun.
                  Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

I said narrows the skill gap, not lowers the skill level, and though it may lower the skill gap in the area of not having to land 3 flawless headshots in a row just to slow a belted up player down, but it also increases the skill gap from a map control aspect, which is in and of itself a skill is it not?
                    That... definitely does make sense! Oh well I guess it's the same for me then.

Also, while we are at it... What happened to the community i used to know when i played ut99? Everyone was relaxed, peaceful, deadly and willing to teach... Also, true pros stood out cause of how the shock worked back then, sigh, but nvm.

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                      I honestly wasn't taking a side with this argument, rather: if this thread were a discussion hall, I was providing the catering.

BUT

Now that you've completely disregarded the single most popular game in the world as total ****, I know where to stand now.

I've never played LoL, but lets face it: Epic would be bursting sales targets having 5% of the active players LoL has. The fact that you don't want to maybe, perhaps, just a little glean some experience from their success.. well, That's quite telling of what goals you have in mind.
                      Well from the moment we spoke, and you told me you're a self proclaimed libertarian, and if you're like any libertarian I know, you probably value capitalism over all else right? So I understand why you would think popular == more money == problem solved... Unfortunately however, game balance issues, like many real life issues don't just get fixed by throwing money at them.

(hence why I said what I said when I was on Neils phone with you while you guys were @ the game developers conference)

Just because I don't like the most popular (supposedly) "competitive" game in history, doesn't mean I don't understand balance in first person shooters. Truth is I've played LoL, hell I've played all the MOBA garbage out there since the dawn of MOBA games including the original DOTA and Tides Of Blood Warcraft 3 custom maps, I hated it then, and I still hate MOBA garbage now, it's a simple matter of the game lacking skill. I remember when I would get beat on the DOTA custom maps in warcraft it was always by a low ranked player who only played custom garbage, get them in a warcraft 3 ladder game, and they'd get curb stomped... but I digress, and this has nothing to do with UT, but let's not derail the thread with talk of trashy non-skilled games here.

Back to the issue at hand... Does any actually have anything constructive to add here? If you really believe we should continue to play with broken armor/weapons, please post, and explain why in detail.

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                      Just because the loudest few self proclaimed experts don't like the way the discussion is going they shouldn't be able to shut the thread down. No matter how much they argue, troll and flame.

In fact if Epic wants real feedback, they should shut down the trolls for a change and let others speak.
                      You see here is part of the problem... most of the people on these forums have been or are guilty of at least some form of trolling, and with some people myself included, it's hard to tell when I'm being serious... When it comes to in game issues though, especially ones regarding balance, I'm all serious business.

Originally posted by Aelian View Post
                      That... definitely does make sense! Oh well I guess it's the same for me then.

Also, while we are at it... What happened to the community i used to know when i played ut99? Everyone was relaxed, peaceful, deadly and willing to teach... Also, true pros stood out cause of how the shock worked back then, sigh, but nvm.
                      I love the backhanded insult, and lack of addressing anything I said about increasing difficulty on map control, and how map control in and of itself is a skill... Care to touch on that subject at all? No? Oh well.

Originally posted by Quadj130 View Post
                      I'm not trying to argue that, the point is I agree with that. We just disagree that UT needs a globally balanced armor system. Unbalanced isn't even the word to describe a player grabbing the 150 shield belt, carefully avoiding conflict until the next shield is about to appear and then grabbing it again. This is borderline cheating and I've seen duelers do it time and time again on screen. The shieldbelt grants significantly more power than any other pickup (50 to be exact) and has 100% damage resistance. You can argue map control all day, but Duel is more about shieldbelt control then map control at its current state and that is not fun to watch. Quake 1v1 is easily much more entertaining to watch than UT4 Duel at its current state and its mostly due to to a 150 charged shield and nothing else. Also, I'm not trying to say the weapons are "imperfectly balanced" either, but the main culprit of bad Duel matches in my eyes are due to the current armor system.
                      I'm not necessarily AGAINST different armor sets per gametype, but I highly doubt it's something that's going to happen, even though we've seen it's possible with the amp damage being 10 seconds in duel, and 30 seconds in other gamemodes... Let's be real, Amp/zerk/invul/invis all need to be removed from duels completely. Dare I say... Maybe even boots? (the legendary player not the item)
                      Last edited by Dr.ToxicVenom; 10-28-2015, 08:27 AM.
                      Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
                      MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
                      Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

I remember when I would get beat on the DOTA custom maps in warcraft it was always by a low ranked player who only played custom garbage, get them in a warcraft 3 ladder game, and they'd get curb stomped... but I digress, and this has nothing to do with UT, but let's not derail the thread with talk of trashy non-skilled games here.
                        You've lost all credibility with this single sentence.

Comment

I love the backhanded insult, and lack of addressing anything I said about increasing difficulty on map control, and how map control in and of itself is a skill... Care to touch on that subject at all? No? Oh well.
                          Uhm, i wasn't actually being sarcastic. And the "insult" wasn't directed to you, but to the general tone of the thread. Your argument actually convinced me xD
                          I'll let it slip cause everyone seems to be picking on you (and your attitude doesn't seem to be helping XD)

Comment

Originally posted by Hubbles View Post
                            You've lost all credibility with this single sentence.
                            Because I don't play/enjoy moba garbage, I've lost credibility for something completely unrelated in any way/shape/form?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Comment

Back to the issue at hand... Does any actually have anything constructive to add here? If you really believe we should continue to play with broken armor/weapons, please post, and explain why in detail.
                              Well, all I have to add is that if you haven't already, go read this:
                              http://arenafps.com/ut4-duel-solution/

Comment

Because I don't play/enjoy moba garbage, I've lost credibility for something completely unrelated in any way/shape/form?

Hey Toxic I didn't know that picture was you X'd, I'm seeing people here are thinking you are not very "pro", as usual here in this forum...it is not the first time people like you that self-calls as "pro" with unsmokable arguments, luckily Epic will not obey your orders cos you are in troll mode. Have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                                X