Modelers, please don't hate me but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modelers, please don't hate me but...

Could we change the visual Sniper Rifle design? I'm really not feeling it at all. Also the Enforcer looks weird. I think it mainly has to do with the curved top. Really doesn't look like a sleek future pistol at all.
    And still I wait...

I think I read somewhere that eventually the Enforcer is probably going to be redone again as they "felt rushed" with it.

I doubt the Sniper is going to change, I wasn't a fan either but it's grown on me a bit...

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

This is the best sniper UT has ever had, but it's still just not as good as a Lightning Gun :/

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
        This is the best sniper UT has ever had, but it's still just not as good as a Lightning Gun :/
        Well, gameplay wise it's pretty good. Don't get me wrong with that. I just really don't like its model at all.
        And still I wait...

Comment

The concept of anything that actually shoots what looks like present-day bullets in a futuristic space game is kinda weird to begin with. That's why if we're if going to have a sniper rifle, it makes sense to have a futuristic/sleek one like the one currently in the game. I'm also actually getting used to the new sound in this build which adds to the futuristic feel of it.
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
            That's why if we're if going to have a sniper rifle, it makes sense to have a futuristic/sleek one like the one currently in the game.
            But the beauty of UT99's aesthetic in terms of a lot of its weapons was that it combined the sleek alien/futuristic themes with industrial, grungy, and modern-day themes. For example, the Pulse Gun looks somewhat grounded in reality and the Sniper was, if you look closely, just an M16 with an extended barrel and a scope. But then you have the Shock Rifle from that too which is really interesting because it manages to combine that really alien look with an industrial theme. Making it look grungy and a little grounded in reality but alien at the same time.

I'm going to blunt here now. UT4's Sniper seriously and literally looks like a black toy gun.

Ack, now the modeler for that is really gonna hate me now... >_>

EDIT: Also keep in mind, it fits in with UT lore too that the weapons look flashy and/or may be outdated in design and function. This IS a tournament after all and the weapons are there to provide a good show, not necessarily to be the most effective solution developed in that day and age for killing others.

TL;DR - The weapons do not have to be and probably aren't "military grade" at all.
            Last edited by Arnox_BU; 10-24-2015, 11:18 PM.
            And still I wait...

Comment

Originally posted by barktooth View Post
              this is the best sniper ut has ever had, but it's still just not as good as a lightning gun :/
              qft .

Comment

I agree with the sniper being absolutely ugly. Also, the friends i showed this game too agree on saying it's ugly and out of context.

Then again, minor issue. I don't use that weapon.

EDIT: i didn't ask them. They came out of their way to tell me that xD

Comment

I have to agree, the Sniper Rifle and Enforcer model aesthetics are rather lackluster.

Comment

Why would an artist hate you for not liking a model? Weapon models can't please everyone. I'm not particularly attached to any model either, but they do the job. Should we change them? Why not? Should we make more alternative models? Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                      Word my friend..

Comment

I'll be more specific: i HATE the reloading animation (such a modern looking rifle needs to be charged manually? Ew) and the first person view. I don't mind the 3rd person view at all.

Comment

Heaven forbid people still do things themselves in the future. Why are we even firing the weapons? Why am I not AI? I demand a refund.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                            Heaven forbid people still do things themselves in the future. Why are we even firing the weapons? Why am I not AI? I demand a refund.
                            I think it would be valid if the sniper was lever-action. I personally like the mix of sci-fi, industrial, and functional

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                              Next time i'll ask nicely if i can leave feedback :P

Anyway, wouldn't mind a manual reload on the "old" sniper, but on this one imho it really looks out of place.

Comment

Working...
                              X