No announcement yet.

Modelers, please don't hate me but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This look was decided on looooong, long, long ago. I love the current sniper rifle. Sleek, sexy, futuristic without being outlandish or overboard, recognisable. I dunno what you lot are talking about, but I think it fits in quite damned beautifully.

Ain't nothing stopping any of you guys from creating an alternative model to use

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
      This look was decided on looooong, long, long ago. I love the current sniper rifle. Sleek, sexy, futuristic without being outlandish or overboard, recognisable. I dunno what you lot are talking about, but I think it fits in quite damned beautifully.

Ain't nothing stopping any of you guys from creating an alternative model to use
      Uh, my modeling skills definitely stop me ghghghg.

Anyway, as i said, it's really only the first person view that hurts the eyes, rest is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelian View Post
        Next time i'll ask nicely if i can leave feedback :P

Anyway, wouldn't mind a manual reload on the "old" sniper, but on this one imho it really looks out of place.
        Yes I agree..this HenrikRyosa leaves nothing but useless rude replies to other posters. This is the 3rd time his name has come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnox_BU View Post
          Could we change the visual Sniper Rifle design? I'm really not feeling it at all. Also the Enforcer looks weird. I think it mainly has to do with the curved top. Really doesn't look like a sleek future pistol at all.
          You can made your weapon.

Comment

The only sniper rifle of old that is better than the current model, was the one from Unreal.

Seriously, I don't understand why those models were so underrated. Why isn't someone coming up with high poly version of the original Na Pali weapons? UT weapon models did a great job of carrying the lore, in that they were basically reverse engineered versions of the weapons from Na Pali, and it was as if by design that every one looked vastly inferior to their predecessors.

If we are to have "modern" weapons in this game, they should most certainly be modeled after the originals. That said, I'd rather have a Lightning gun, Stinger, and something to just replace the Enforcer.
            Originally posted by Mysterial
            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

If you don't like what you see then I suggest you should support those guys here...
              https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...lassic-weapons
              https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post203218
              https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...Enforcer-Model
              ...and stop whining.

Gosh ...why does everyone think this game is un-mod-able???
              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnox_BU View Post
                Could we change the visual Sniper Rifle design? I'm really not feeling it at all. Also the Enforcer looks weird. I think it mainly has to do with the curved top. Really doesn't look like a sleek future pistol at all.

Comment

Working...
                X