Just because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because...

a weapon excels in a certain area or areas does NOT mean it's OP'd. For example, I've been hearing complaints that, at close range, a Rocket Launcher is really deadly... Whoda thought? I mean, c'mon guys. It's a ROCKET LAUNCHER. At close range. It's supposed to be nasty at that range.

If we make all the areas each weapons excel in the same, we're gonna have boring weapons. No, a Rocket Launcher will not be good at long range. No, a Sniper will be awkward at close range. Or at least in Unreal Tourney anyway. If we want to make all the weapons equally effective at everything, then the whole base gameplay needs to be redesigned to accommodate for that. Assuming we don't want to make a whole other game though, once again, excelling at an area it's meant to excel in does not mean OP'd.

Also, I know we all admit this but I think it needs to be restated anyway. Just because you get killed a lot by a certain weapon doesn't necessarily mean it's OP'd. Maybe you simply just:

1. Suck at that range.
    2. Panic whenever that weapon is used against you.
    3. Are constantly badly positioned in comparison to your enemy.
    4. Someone or multiple people are getting the drop on you first.
    5. All or any two or three of the above.

And etc. Who knows. Now obviously, weapon observations should still be made but make them with the possibility that, no, the strong possibility that you may very well be wrong.

That is all.
    Last edited by Arnox_BU; 10-25-2015, 03:10 AM.
    And still I wait...

That's true and all, but it shouldn't be an instant death sentence if you end up in close range with someone who has a rocket launcher. I feel like right now positioning matters TOO much - movement and evasion almost don't, if you have good positioning you are untouchable. Positioning certainly SHOULD matter, but it shouldn't be everything.. you should be able to beat someone who has better positioning with better movement and aim. Right now that's nearly impossible.

Comment

No, you see, what makes a weapon OP is whether I get killed by it.

For real though, I think "OP" is a term a lot of players, especially newer players, use to reference situations where a weapon killed them so fast they had no time to fight back or get away. If a rocket only did 95 damage, and thus typically took two hits to kill someone, there would be situations where a player could get hit by an unexpected rocket and still have a few tenths of a second to figure out who fired it, jump for a health pack, shoot back, etc. As it is now, there is no time to react because the first surprise rocket makes you dead.

Comment

Originally posted by AccualyIsDolan View Post
        Haha! So true, that's exactly how many players see it!

Comment

Originally posted by AccualyIsDolan View Post

For real though, I think "OP" is a term a lot of players, especially newer players, use to reference situations where a weapon killed them so fast they had no time to fight back or get away. If a rocket only did 95 damage, and thus typically took two hits to kill someone, there would be situations where a player could get hit by an unexpected rocket and still have a few tenths of a second to figure out who fired it, jump for a health pack, shoot back, etc. As it is now, there is no time to react because the first surprise rocket makes you dead.
          If you get a surprise rocket, chances are you deserved it.

Then again, now that the shock has been nerfed and you forced poor me out of the comfort zone, trying new things, i'll have to agree that most of the weapons ARE balanced. I have a couple of reservations on the spammyguns, link and stinger, cause i am feeling too strong when i use them. Other than that, i'm fine.

Comment

Rocket and Flak are too powerful. I have oodles of kills with both. Half my kills are probably from both of these weapons because they simply have a much higher TTK. Please change it so i can use other weapons more often. Rocket triple should be the instakill. Singular rocket should simply do a large amount of damage on impact.

1. I like close range.
            2. No. But I occasionally dodge into pools of acid.
            3. Acid. Nuff said. Its my bane. That and cliffs...Those **** cliffs. I need to stop dodging everywhere. Especially on Facing World...
            4. I love doing this when I have rockets. Getting a free kill. Until someone respawns behind me near rockets and i get a rocket to the back.
            5. Mostly acid. And cliffs. Or overcompensating for jump distance and cratering myself. That too.

Comment

Working...
            X