Sniper Rifle ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rAge. View Post
    It's not, reason is simple - timing. If you wanna items, you need to go in close distance. It's huge advantage of close distance weapons.
    I considered that. Ignoring item control, it's easier to stay away rather than to chase someone down right now. However, since you realistically will need to restack at some point, it becomes about evenly difficult to stay away vs. get in close range.

Why!? It's fairly weaker than other weapon in close. It's not that easy to kill with sniper rifle. You need AIM to use it and perfect knowledge about movement and positioning. If you dont have around 35% accuracy with it, better choose another weapon. I am pretty sure only ~20% of players are able to use it effectively. (because it's only one "easy to use, hard to master" weapon).
    Because.. Sniper is a long range weapon? I'm not complaining about not being able to use rockets effectively vs. someone who is 100m away. You can still use it in close range if you have good positioning too, and the other guy won't be able to do anything. And if you are stuck in a close range battle, then do choose another weapon - who uses Sniper in point blank range?

And I see some people hitting 50% with Sniper.. IMO that's way too high. That's what top players hit with Rail in Quake.. and that thing has a much longer reload and put down time.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
      And I see some people hitting 50% with Sniper.. IMO that's way too high. That's what top players hit with Rail in Quake.. and that thing has a much longer reload and put down time.
      I never saw someone with accuracy like that. Even more - I checked statistics of sas and w members (so, top level). Highest sniper accuracy was 39%, lowest 32%, average 35%.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

I never saw someone with accuracy like that. Even more - I checked statistics of sas and w members (so, top level). Highest sniper accuracy was 39%, lowest 32%, average 35%.
        Hmm dunno, maybe that was mixed in with other gametypes. I checked Rookie's accuracy after some duels and it was like 45-50.

Comment

It's probably possible if he used sniper rarely, or just played with lower skill guys. Don't know. 50% is really much more than 99% players can ever dream.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

It's probably possible if he used sniper rarely, or just played with lower skill guys. Don't know. 50% is really much more than 99% players can ever dream.
            Well, even with 25% accuracy it still would be too powerful if Flak and Rockets were brought in line with where I want them to be. Right now it works only because Flak/Rox/Link/Mini are also so OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
              Right now it works only because Flak/Rox/Link/Mini are also so OP.
              We will see after nerf of flak,rox,link,mini and enf In my opinion sniper is balanced very well.
              Last edited by rAge.; 11-05-2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X