Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enforcer is OP in TDM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    The only thing that'll make rage happy is if shock combos do 300+ damage to everything in LoS, secondary and primary both 1 shot fresh spawns and everything else hits like a feather duster.

    The only thing I can't figure out is if he actually believes his own **** or if he just thinks everyone else is too stupid to see through it.
    tomato.

    Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by rAge. View Post
      tomato.

      Best reply to a MoxNix post I've seen so far
      I'll back you up on the fact that bots seem to be able to hit all three shots of the secondary far too easily, but I think I prefer it how it is now, where it is actually a weapon that you have a chance with

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
        Best reply to a MoxNix post I've seen so far
        I wouldn't go that far, though it is the most intelligent thing he's said in a while.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
          The only thing that'll make rage happy is if shock combos do 300+ damage to everything in LoS, secondary and primary both 1 shot fresh spawns and everything else hits like a feather duster.

          The only thing I can't figure out is if he actually believes his own **** or if he just thinks everyone else is too stupid to see through it.
          +1 He cries about every other weapon except the shock rifle, which he thinks should be insta-gib even if he misses with his combo.
          General Poor Behavior II

          Comment


            #35
            I don't get why it's somehow a rule that the starting weapon needs to be terrible

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
              I don't get why it's somehow a rule that the starting weapon needs to be terrible
              Because this is an arena shooter.

              Comment


                #37
                The point of a weapon is to kill the opponent. Taking 5 shots to kill someone is far from over powered. Killing someone instantly with one combo is the definition of over powered.
                General Poor Behavior II

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by HEDRumple View Post
                  The point of a weapon is to kill the opponent. Taking 5 shots to kill someone is far from over powered. Killing someone instantly with one combo is the definition of over powered.
                  IMO, the point of a starting weapon is to be able to defend yourself when you spawn and discourage people from chasing you. Enforcer is way too powerful for this, and can actually be used offensively very effectively.. I'd rather we have something like the Dispersion Pistol as the starting weapon.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. THE point of ANY weapon IS to kill your opponent, period. If someone spawns with a nerf gun, everyone with better weapons will be able to kill them easily. The enforcer is a defensive weapon? That's absurd. Ask Epic what the enforcer is for. It's name, the "Enforcer" means a it's a force to be reckoned with. If it's purpose was to be defensive, most certainly they would have named it the "Defender". How would having a weak weapon discourage people from chasing you? Someone with a weak weapon = easy kill, & that is what you're after.
                    General Poor Behavior II

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                      IMO, the point of a starting weapon is to be able to defend yourself when you spawn and discourage people from chasing you.
                      Exactly. It's pretty simple - you don't need effort to get it, so it shouldn't be powerful. Main shooter rule once again

                      Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Here goes rage again with his fingers in his ears screaming "I'm right! I'm right!" He can't take criticism, so he blocks people that disagree with his absurd ideas. Typical regressive.
                        General Poor Behavior II

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by HEDRumple View Post
                          That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. THE point of ANY weapon IS to kill your opponent, period. If someone spawns with a nerf gun, everyone with better weapons will be able to kill them easily. The enforcer is a defensive weapon? That's absurd. Ask Epic what the enforcer is for. It's name, the "Enforcer" means a it's a force to be reckoned with. If it's purpose was to be defensive, most certainly they would have named it the "Defender". How would having a weak weapon discourage people from chasing you? Someone with a weak weapon = easy kill, & that is what you're after.
                          A weapon doesn't have to be able to kill at all to be useful defensively. Look at the impact hammer secondary - it lets you get away from a spawn killer without doing any damage or having the ability to kill anyone (short of pushing them off the map ). Something like the Dispersion Pistol could have shots that do a lot of knockback but not a whole lot of damage, which would allow someone who just spawned to get some distance between them and the enemy, without being able to do 150 damage to them in a few seconds.

                          The Enforcer isn't great at doing this as it has no knockback and is a hitscan weapon, so it actually works better as an offensive weapon and promotes rushing in aggressively right off the spawn rather than trying to get a good weapon.

                          Originally posted by HEDRumple View Post
                          Here goes rage again with his fingers in his ears screaming "I'm right! I'm right!" He can't take criticism, so he blocks people that disagree with his absurd ideas. Typical regressive.
                          Very useful post here, by telling me this you are directly improving the game

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Enforcer is ok right now a bit OP but not to the point where it's obvious.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                              The Enforcer isn't great at doing this as it has no knockback and is a hitscan weapon, so it actually works better as an offensive weapon and promotes rushing in aggressively right off the spawn rather than trying to get a good weapon.
                              The Enforcer doesn't have knock back because it's a pistol that fires bullets. Personally I'm not a fan of ANY hitscan weapons. They require no skill since there is no travel time from weapon to target, & are a favorite of aim botters because of this. You mentioned the impact hammer there too but only the secondary. What about the primary fire that you can keep charged indefinitely & just run around bumping into people killing them instantly? To me it seems pointless to force players to start off with a non-lethal weapon especially when the point of the game is to kill. You might as well start off with NO weapons, & just have spawn protection until you pick a weapon up. Most of what I'm seeing in these forums is either nonsense, butt hurt whining, or both.
                              General Poor Behavior II

                              Comment


                                #45
                                The impression i get from the sas members is that enforcer is op in tdm. Just because it used to be able to do more damage in ut99, doesn't mean that it was more effective :]

                                Personally I think it has issues but there are bigger issues to resolve.

                                I'll see if I can encourage some competitive tdm players to post their opinions, seeing as that's what the thread is addressing.
                                :|

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X