Melee Weapons in the Unreal Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
    I only put this video to show the different melee options. I was not show casing it for its art style, humour or lightheartness.
    Yeah I know I just thought I would point out how I feel UT should contrast in comparison, Borderlands for eg has the second wind which obviously caters to a certain audience and Im going to assume Battleborn is targeted similar. I just thought I would take the opportunity because I have been letting it be known I would prefer alittle bit more of an adult edge in this UT compared to previous ones that all kinda felt like they were targeted at young people.

Melee is a feature which could push UT into that territory, I know games like Serious Sam do Melee finishers but its way over the top so its hard to take seriously. Basically I think if its more serious that would be something fun that stands out. I dont think this melee will be able to be toned down when you look at the impact hammer in UT3, I think blood splatters on the screen, blood trails, nice impact effects on the player themselves could all add alot of depth especially if you could punch someone and put an actual dent in em
    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
      Yeah I know I just thought I would point out how I feel UT should contrast in comparison, Borderlands for eg has the second wind which obviously caters to a certain audience and Im going to assume Battleborn is targeted similar. I just thought I would take the opportunity because I have been letting it be known I would prefer alittle bit more of an adult edge in this UT compared to previous ones that all kinda felt like they were targeted at young people.
      hehe

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
      Melee is a feature which could push UT into that territory, I know games like Serious Sam do Melee finishers but its way over the top so its hard to take seriously. Basically I think if its more serious that would be something fun that stands out. I dont think this melee will be able to be toned down when you look at the impact hammer in UT3, I think blood splatters on the screen, blood trails, nice impact effects on the player themselves could all add alot of depth especially if you could punch someone and put an actual dent in em
      Have a quick skim through this video if you haven't seen Rune before. Good melee for its time and it used unreal engine. Its one of the reason why I like melee so much
      While it defaulted to third person, you could play FPS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZXjKaioNl8
      Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Working...
      X