Weapon Balance ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
    assigning situational use to guns is not a good idea ever.
    Quake says hello.

Comment

Orion, I agree 95%.

I'd just remove the link pull. Simply unbearable.
      Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
      https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
      http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
      Discord PUG Community

Comment

I agree 98% with Orion. The game as it is right now is WAY too spammy and beginner friendly. Bring some skill back to UT4 please.
        Ðarth|UA|
        Youtube

Come play CTF and Elimination Pick Up Games (PUGS) with us at: https://discord.gg/BbPPCBx . You can also go to http://ut4pugs.us Hope to see you all there!

Comment

RL:
          IMO rocket launcher skills are harder to master than i.e. flakgun skills. 100 damage is ok, and a bit more spread radius.
          But as far as the RL goes: I would prefer alt-fire to be just grenades and no spam rockets.
          But the grenades should do a bit more damage and you should be able to shoot them further.

SHOCK:
          Damage is ok, combo radius should be a tiny bit smaller.

LINK:
          I agree with removing pull from Link.

SNIPER:
          Disagree with sniper damage, should be more than 70. Maybe 85 like Quake live.

BIO:
          Is bull**** weapon atm, looking forward to next build also.

Comment

IMO:
            Rox damage nerf
            Flak damage nerf (160 dmg secondary is a joke)
            Enforcer damage nerf
            Shock ammo buff (40 max ammo was fine)
            Secondary stinger damage nerf (to like 30 dmg cos 45 is stupid af) and primary damage nerf
            Link pri dps nerf (idc how this id done, either slower rof or lower damage per shot)
            Delete the impact hammer shield and make a different secondary that isn't simultaneously totally broken and totally useless

Bio grenades like the ones Sid has prototyped would be a great replacement for the current primary but I'd vote to keep the current secondary

PS, shock damage is fine as far as i'm concerned. 45/55 for pri/sec would be terrible.

And faster weap switch pls, it's necessary for me to post this image:
            Last edited by Flikswich; 01-15-2016, 12:02 PM.
            :|

Comment

I hope the developers are aware the most of these comments coming from pure frustration. EPIC let things sink as it should be.
              Most players dont wanna learn things, they dont wanna die (dying in an arena fps? oh lord, what a blasphemy), but i guess it's easier to whine all over the forums.
              My point is, wait a few weeks, think things thru, try to improve what is wrong with your game, and then comment on the forums. I read way too much nonsense on this topic to specify everything, so just take a chillpill. No offense or anything. The wep. balance not nearly as bad as some of you describe here, and ive got a feeling whatever changes gonna happen some of you would come back to complain.
              The bottomline is, try to improve yourself instead blaming the game.
              "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Comment

Accepting broken balance and learining how to play with it is clearly the worst possible variation. It's simple that someone could spend some time to make himself pretty good and effective with current weapons, but it doesn't matter. Weapons are still broken in some way, and it doesn't matter that somebody is pretty effective with them and someone not. We all want the best game as we can get, so NO dont try to adapt if something is wrong. Just "fight" to make this thing better. I agree with Orion / Flikswich (and the others who have similar opinion about balance ).

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

I like how everyone (well... except Riddick) agrees about the most points. Well, so why not to try this? Maybe I'm dumb or something, but I would say, that weapon balance is probably the most important thing in a competitive FPS game.

Comment

Originally posted by Spector CZ View Post
                    I like how everyone (well... except Riddick) agrees about the most points. Well, so why not to try this? Maybe I'm dumb or something, but I would say, that weapon balance is probably the most important thing in a competitive FPS game.
                    i actually agree with a lot of what he said but epic is not going to pay attention to this, i can write my retake on original post but i can not be arsed because no developer cares

Comment

i actually agree with a lot of what he said but epic is not going to pay attention to this, i can write my retake on original post but i can not be arsed because no developer cares
                      Well I hope they do. After all it's in their own interest. They already acknowledged, that the did try the weapon balance mode and they liked it, so they are paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Spector CZ View Post
                        Well I hope they do. After all it's in their own interest. They already acknowledged, that the did try the weapon balance mode and they liked it, so they are paying attention.
                        okay i will do my take then...

Impact Hammer

Hammer jumping:

-HIGHER SKILL REQUIRED. You should not be able to hammer jump by simply charging the primary fire, aiming it at a wall / ground, & releasing. This is too easy. The combination should instead be a jump / dodge (while aiming at ground) + release for vertical hammer jumps. The combination should be a wall dodge + release for horizontal hammer jumps. there is already a dodge hammer and upper part is bull**** hammer works just fine, even though for a piston jump you could have first press jump and then fire piston which would make it a bit more of a skilled move as it was in 2k4 but why?

-Have the damage taken + distance increase linearly along with the charge amount. Single tap = 15 damage. Full charge = 50 damage. Minimum distance = 5% less than current distance in-game. Maximum distance = 10% farther than current distance (so 15% farther than minimum). sounds goodish but the way current maps are designed single tap piston is only usefull for jack****

-Less of a “vertical” arc when doing hammer jumps off of walls, slightly farther distance. Though I think this derives from the verticality you get when doing wall dodges in general, which should be reduced all-around. simply said it needs more forward momentum

Enforcer

-Primary: DMG = 18, readjusts accuracy slightly faster after firing. The current Enforcer is incredibly difficult to hit with at medium-long range, due to how inaccurate it is after the first shot. Improving its accuracy will promote players to not completely turn away from this weapon. The slight damage decrease will help balance out for the accuracy improvements. this is bs secondly devs said they will not do dmg numbers like 18 god knows why. double enforcer shall be as good as any other weapon in spray department doing around 90% dps of shaft or stinger primary. accuracy penalty is needed, in no way you need to run with enforcer now you can pretty reliably hit around 3 shots at least hell some people say it is op lol making it more accurate will increase it's dps even with dmg drop. there is no fixing to enforcer getting rid of it is the solution, weapons that can not be aimed have no place in ut!

-Secondary: UT99 style (faster rate of fire than primary, less accurate) k den was bolt load of *** then will be now too

Bio Launcher
                        No comments as of now, until the new build is released.

Shock Rifle

-Primary: DMG = 45, thicker beam for more visual clarity. The beams are currently very thin and hard to locate where they are coming from at longer distances.

-Secondary: DMG = 55. If someone who is at normal health and without armor, they should die from being hit by a core + beam. This is because if the core was slightly to the side to set up a combo, they would’ve easily been dead anyway. It’s incredibly frustrating when someone gets lucky by dodging into a shock core, and end up being rewarded for it by not dying from a combo. If this problem isn’t fixed, players might as well start purposely running into cores to avoid being killed by combos, which is an incredibly lame & cheap tactic that the opponent cannot do anything about.

-Slightly shorter time of delay between secondary + primary fire. Shock combos currently take a bit too long to hit. This comes from both the delay between the secondary and primary shots, and the fact that the shock cores are a little fast.

-More ammo. It's ridiculous that a skill-based weapon runs out so quickly compared to far less skillful weapons.

agree ffs why do we have stinger with more dmg and push back and nerfed shock? where is the logic here
                        Link Gun

-Primary: DMG = 20, slightly lower fire rate, slightly “bigger” plasma charges for more visual clarity. i beg to disagree for once link prim usefull for something call it spam if you will but why is not everyone using it if it is so good? answer is easy it is just decent duh.

-Secondary: Remove pull, faster ammo consumption (should be used as a finisher most of the time). change pull with grounding, messing up with opponents dodge a bit. shall not be used as finisher it is a great fully functional weapon in it's own right shall function at all distances.

Stinger Minigun

-Primary: Slightly lower damage & slightly higher rate of fire, faster ammo consumption (should be used as a finisher most of the time).it is more or less where it should equal dps to shaft will seal the deal, better range shall be used as great weapon from close to mid-long

-Secondary: Perfect. really? it is broken as ****, has too much push back power, it is essentially ut2004 shock primary except for even more lethal, used in close range instead of long, where it is meant to be used, functionality is broken on this one, i have never seen anyone sharding across the map, but 3 hits and shield belt is gone and you can do nothing about it, say nothing can counter flak an rockets in close range? take stinger out son my thoughts it either stays around 30 dmg and way less push back power (and shock needs a bit more) or just come up with something else.

-Cut max ammo amount by 20%. The amount of ammo the weapon currently has is laughable, because you can just run around holding the primary fire for far too long. not really a big problem of any sort at all

Flak Cannon

-Primary: Tighter spread. This will encourage players to go for more accurate shots so they are rewarded with more damage. It will also take away the spam style of the bigger spread. it will make it even more op, spread is fine, dmg is the concern

-Secondary: DMG = 100 on direct hit. The current damage on the secondary is just way, way too high. why is that? it always used to do more imo, i think around 140 is fine, considering it has unusable splash, for gods sake flak alting used to be art in 2k4

Rocket Launcher

-Primary: DMG = 90. For a long time now, rockets have done 100 damage. This has made them quite overpowered. It is the easiest weapon for newbies to use (which is why you always see them using it), and having them constantly getting lucky one-hit spam kills is not properly teaching them how to play the game. The 2k4 Rocket Launcher was fine, and it didn’t do 100 damage per rocket. kinda agree

-Secondary: Back to the rocket spread. Now, I always viewed the point of the secondary fire on the rockets to be able to have a larger area of effect, at the cost of having to take the time to load them. The reason why the current secondary system doesn’t work is because you can’t properly do more damage or have a larger area of effect with it. Why do I think this you might ask? Because they don’t fire all at the same time. The only way to try having a larger area of effect or dealing more damage is by moving the crosshair quickly as the rockets are being discharged. However, this normally results in one of the rockets hitting the player, and thus knocking them out of the range of the other rockets. Also, the current implementation of secondary rockets is too rewarding. For instance, you might find yourself in a long hallway, and you know there is going to be somebody coming around the corner at any moment. So, you load and release the rockets. Guess what happens if your timing was off? The first rocket misses. The second rocket misses as well. But, the third rocket just manages to hit them. A firing mode so rewarding should not be in the game. simply dislike current fire mode because it is not utilizable for human instincts, fixed patterns would be better either spiral or three pack spread or something new, whatever but this.

-Grenades: DMG = 90 each, higher arc and lower gravity.

-Smoke trails added to rockets. Slightly slower projectile speed. not sure if they need be slower

Sniper Rifle

-Primary: DMG = 70

-Slightly slower rate of fire. It is a little too rewarding right now for you missing a shot. A slower rate of fire would help fix this. i think sniper rifle's fire rate best fits with 3+ some milisecond of shock, basically shock shall be able to kill with primary hits faster than sniper on 100% acc matching them is also kinda fine i guess 2 sniper shots for 3 shock prims, but atm shock functionality is bolt load of ****

Comment

R.Riddick:
                          There is a whole thread, where you can read exactly why enforcer is op: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...r-is-OP-in-TDM

Link primary has the biggest dps in game (168 if I remember correctly) and it's effective in any range (maybe not on huge ctf maps, where long distance means 100m ). In close range link primary is comparable to flak, while in mid it's just better.
                          Op doesn't mean "the most used".

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Originally posted by rAge. View Post
                            R.Riddick:
                            There is a whole thread, where you can read exactly why enforcer is op: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...r-is-OP-in-TDM

Link primary has the biggest dps in game (168 if I remember correctly) and it's effective in any range (maybe not on huge ctf maps, where long distance means 100m ). In close range link primary is comparable to flak, while in mid it's just better.
                            Op doesn't mean "the most used".
                            if it was usefull mechanic best players wold utilize it yet in dylan hypno all we saw was sniper +rockets partly featuring other guns and there was no sign of link primary except for last kill maybe?

Comment

if it was usefull mechanic best players wold utilize it yet in dylan hypno all we saw was sniper +rockets partly featuring other guns and there was no sign of link primary except for last kill maybe?
                              link primary is very situational in duel, really only good for blocking shock cores at powerups / weapons or denying an specific area of the map.
                              http://www.twitch.tv/ut4_dylan

UT4 Fragmovie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO8f1fFA5pk

Comment

Originally posted by Dylanccccc View Post
                                link primary is very situational in duel, really only good for blocking shock cores at powerups / weapons or denying an specific area of the map.
                                i know i am a dueler myself :d now lets see other game modes ctf? definitely not link prim domain, instgib? there is no link gun not sop op eh? that theoretical dps is really great when you are trying to blow up mission objective and that's about it, just because someone ran into plasma wall and got his stack destroied, does not make it op. on the other hand i got one shotted without amp in 100 -150shield and yeah u gessed it it was flak

Comment

Working...
                                X