No announcement yet.

Weapon Balance ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to add my hate for stinger and link... both weapons seem to be built for spam, but with good aim you can still hit every shot, which becomes quite apparent when you play with bots
    I like the lockdown idea, which would reduce the players speed by about half, and stop them escaping, perhaps also increase gravity for that player? that way if someone tries to use boots to get away from you, the link can be used as a trap, increasing fall damage, e.t.c

+1 to reducing the cone of spread on flak, decreasing the chance of gunning down someone on low hp from a distance with the primary with the undodge-able shards

Apart from that (bio is obviously undergoing change), I'm quite torn between having 100dmg rockets and ut2k4 style rockets, having played with both for excessive amounts of time... I just don't know

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
      -Primary: DMG = 90. For a long time now, rockets have done 100 damage. This has made them quite overpowered. It is the easiest weapon for newbies to use (which is why you always see them using it), and having them constantly getting lucky one-hit spam kills is not properly teaching them how to play the game. The 2k4 Rocket Launcher was fine, and it didn’t do 100 damage per rocket. kinda agree

-Secondary: Back to the rocket spread. Now, I always viewed the point of the secondary fire on the rockets to be able to have a larger area of effect, at the cost of having to take the time to load them. The reason why the current secondary system doesn’t work is because you can’t properly do more damage or have a larger area of effect with it. Why do I think this you might ask? Because they don’t fire all at the same time. The only way to try having a larger area of effect or dealing more damage is by moving the crosshair quickly as the rockets are being discharged. However, this normally results in one of the rockets hitting the player, and thus knocking them out of the range of the other rockets. Also, the current implementation of secondary rockets is too rewarding. For instance, you might find yourself in a long hallway, and you know there is going to be somebody coming around the corner at any moment. So, you load and release the rockets. Guess what happens if your timing was off? The first rocket misses. The second rocket misses as well. But, the third rocket just manages to hit them. A firing mode so rewarding should not be in the game. simply dislike current fire mode because it is not utilizable for human instincts, fixed patterns would be better either spiral or three pack spread or something new, whatever but this.

-Grenades: DMG = 90 each, higher arc and lower gravity.

-Smoke trails added to rockets. Slightly slower projectile speed
      Man man, why not remove the RL altogether. Less damage, slower speed thats absolutely ridiculous!
      And the "noobs" that you are talking about get me with stand-still-combos, the flak, mini and the 3 rox simultaneously.
      Single rox can be avoided with decent movement quite easily, unless fired well with some movement prediction.
      You should play a game of quake live man seriously, before spamming around that rox are for noobs.
      Last edited by forward; 01-16-2016, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by forward View Post
        Man man, why not remove the RL altogether. Less damage, slower speed thats absolutely ridiculous!
        And the "noobs" that you are talking about get me with stand-still-combos, the flak, mini and the 3 rox simultaneously.
        Single rox can be avoided with decent movement quite easily, unless fired well with some movement prediction.
        You should play a game of quake live man seriously, before spamming around that rox are for noobs.
        You clearly do not play at a high level...

Epic needs to realize that UT thrives off the competitive scene, not the noob scene...

Cater to the players that will play it constantly and keep it alive not the players that play it for 3 mins because it's free.

Nerf rockets, I'd say it's unanimous...everyone minus a few, want them gone

Flak alt, really? How is this even a debate...nerf now

UT4 is losing more and more players everyday

Comment

I think the current player numbers on servers is affecting the style of play and weapon choices at the moment. Rockets are a weapon of choice for old and new players alike because they allow for faster kills if you are accurate enough. In DM on the default 10 man servers, I find it incredibly frustrating that you go into a battle with someone and if it takes more than 4 or 5 seconds to kill them you inevitably die to someone else that's stumbled across you. Rinse and repeat for the entire map. So you need to be able to quickly kill someone off as soon as you see them and rockets is a good choice for that.

Similarly, in CTF, when you enter a base in a 7v7 server there is almost always 3 defenders there, so you have to immediately kill one, quickly kill the second and take the 3rd out on the run. It's hard to do that with any other single weapon.

I hope that the numbers are changed to DM 8 and CTF 12 on the next release as it's clear the numbers don't work at the moment.

When it comes to a 1v1 match-up, most weapons are still able to compete with the rockets - but it's best suited to short range. At close range the OP flak is better, short/mid the stinger, shock and link funs all have a great chance of winning as does the sniper which gains more and more advantage the further the distance increases.

I'm still of the opinion that a larger splash damage and lower max damage would be best, but it's not as over powered as people are suggesting now. UT99 had far more rocket spam than UT4.
          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

I have never felt the link primary in UT. But I loved Plasma in Q3. And these are quite similar weapons. We could probably get some inspiraton from them?

Comment

Originally posted by Karniv0r View Post
              You clearly do not play at a high level...

Epic needs to realize that UT thrives off the competitive scene, not the noob scene...

Cater to the players that will play it constantly and keep it alive not the players that play it for 3 mins because it's free.

Nerf rockets, I'd say it's unanimous...everyone minus a few, want them gone

Flak alt, really? How is this even a debate...nerf now

UT4 is losing more and more players everyday
              It's a bit pathetic to start about how pro you are and that rockets are for the noob scene.
              UT has never really been a pro scene to begin with.
              UT99 in terms of weapon balance was a joke. Most duels where all about 1 way overpowered weapon "the shock".
              Is that what you want again?

The 3 rocket charging should be replaced with grenades only. But imo there is not much wrong with how primary rox fire in the current build.
              I was not talking about FLAK alt btw, This probably should be nerfed a bit.
              Although I agree with Sulaco, learn to play how it is for the most part.

Comment

How can you learn to play to avoid unavoidable projectiles

Would you also say weapon balance in quake is a joke, since primarily people run around with the RL?
                Last edited by biggamer21; 01-18-2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

that like totally okay cafe :d it was 2 nades not 1 but 100 direct hit is a bit much

Comment

that like totally okay cafe :d it was 2 nades not 1 but 100 direct hit is a bit much
                    I agree invisible hitscan rockets you can't react to with massive collision are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by biggamer21 View Post
                      I agree invisible hitscan rockets you can't react to with massive collision are fine.
                      he teleported into nades, what is so ****ing hardcore about it. are you gonna tellm e you have to be able to dodge mid air from translocation point away? or nades are unavoidable? Jesus.

Comment

he teleported into nades, what is so ****ing hardcore about it. are you gonna tellm e you have to be able to dodge mid air from translocation point away? or nades are unavoidable? Jesus.
                        I could understand that pov, if it was someones first time playing the game.

Comment

Yeah it looked fine to me too. Not sure if that was a live recording or a bugged replay, but the display didn't have armour just 100 health.

Bob may have spammed the gap (because he was escaping with the flag, so why not?) and cafe was just unfortunate timing. It could have been a flak bomb or combo with the same result.

I think sometimes good players just don't like to die.
                          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by biggamer21 View Post
                            I could understand that pov, if it was someones first time playing the game.
                            oh i am far from playing ut first time *****. make a point and stop wasting time. all these people with their broscience, yes rox are a bit strong and they are hard to see because of no smoke trails but they are not that ****ing disastrous, cafe hits some 50% sniper sometimes does it make sniper op oh i forgot to mention u can really never dodge sniper unlike rockets.

Comment

Your posts are condescending and full of jibberish. I can't take you seriously and I highly doubt you're any good at UT given the way you express yourself. There is plenty of video evidence across the forum illustrating perfectly the issues with certain weapons, it's very easy to write a bucket load of nonsense and it's another thing actually showing it in a video.

Comment

Originally posted by cafe
                                I just think it's stupid for any weapon, besides maybe bio, to do that much damage. I just disagree that spam like that should be rewarded as much as it is.
                                i think there is a thing line between spam and aim and as an experienced player you probably know this too, people who spam rockets and jump button do not end up on top ever. he fired those rockets in anticipation and got lucky, that it all it is.

as to biggamer i can not take you seriously as well because you can not even make a point.

Comment

Working...
                                X