MUTATOR Butt Melee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] MUTATOR Butt Melee

Use the butt of your gun as a melee weapon.

It would require a third button to activate.

No need to waste time in weapon switch for a close quarter attack.
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

I like the idea, and aside from the considerable animation concerns (additional melee animation sequence for every weapon model, plus third person anims, that don't clip in bad ways in the screen). I think this could be a lot of fun. Giving opposing players a good kick/smack and knocking them off of sniper towers (Face) or into the void (again Face, Morpheus etc.) would be suitable punishment for allowing the attacker to get that close to them.

You could maybe even add a 'default' offhand punch animation that could be used when a weapon (vanilla game or future mods/muts) does not include a melee attack anim.

Comment

Originally posted by meowcatbuf View Post
      I like the idea, and aside from the considerable animation concerns (additional melee animation sequence for every weapon model, plus third person anims, that don't clip in bad ways in the screen). I think this could be a lot of fun. Giving opposing players a good kick/smack and knocking them off of sniper towers (Face) or into the void (again Face, Morpheus etc.) would be suitable punishment for allowing the attacker to get that close to them.

You could maybe even add a 'default' offhand punch animation that could be used when a weapon (vanilla game or future mods/muts) does not include a melee attack anim.
      Yes, a kick would really be the fastest to implement, in terms of a melee as all skeletons are derived off the standard biped animation.

Comment

I thought that this was going to be something very different!

But I don't like the insta-kill melees of other games and I'd prefer it not to be in.
        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
            rofl catches the spirit of the topic, i mean wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post
              I got so excited when I read this topic title. I was like YESSSSS!!!!
              Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
              What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post

But I don't like the insta-kill melees of other games and I'd prefer it not to be in.
                Agreed, not an instant kill.

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                LOL, I didn't get any notification after Smurgl, so I didn't see this till now.

Comment

That's a lot of extra work.
                  Punch
                  Kick
                  Check
                  Sword
                  Anything

Would be more efficient. The only scenario in which I think it would be worth going an extra mile would be if each weapon would offer a different fighting style depending of if the user presses the key or charge it and also in what stance.

Ex:

Weapon butt melee
                  - Crouch
                  - Stand
                  - mid-air

Dash butt melee
                  - Charge when standing up then release

Strike ground creating a shockwave moving forward
                  - Charge when crouched then release

Flying kick
                  - Charge in mid air, then release

Ground pound
                  - Charge when in mid-air when crouched, then release

Comment

Maybe it is possible to make a kick/push via wall-dodging functionality. I mean you'd be able to "wall-dodge" off other players (which results in them being hard pushed/kicked). It's even easier now - with larger scale characters. As a bonus this could create new possibilities for "aerial acrobatics" - imagine mid-air mutual pushes or team-mate assisted long-juming (situation based - for pits, holes etc).

EDIT: well, it seems 3Dmatic already came to this idea
                    Last edited by exo7341; 02-17-2016, 12:35 AM.
                    - got sig? -

Comment

Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
                      Maybe it is possible to make a kick/push via wall-dodging functionality. I mean you'd be able to "wall-dodge" off other players (which results in them being hard pushed/kicked). It's even easier now - with larger scale characters. As a bonus this could create new possibilities for "aerial acrobatics" - imagine mid-air mutual pushes or team-mate assisted long-juming (situation based - for pits, holes etc).
                      That is a great idea!

Exact same mechanic that everyone already knows, just applied in a different context.

You could use the single tap dodge key like a kick key if your characters are close enough.

I think this deserves its own thread:[PROTOTYPE] MUTATOR - Dodge Kick Melee
                      Last edited by richardboegli; 02-17-2016, 12:47 AM. Reason: New thread for dodge kick idea and fixed url

Comment

Working...
                      X