No announcement yet.

The old UT99 Ripper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing back The Ripper is a must because it's one of UT's most unique weapons. Whether or not mappers would want to include it in their maps is another story, but at least they should have the option.
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
      Bringing back The Ripper is a must because it's one of UT's most unique weapons. Whether or not mappers would want to include it in their maps is another story, but at least they should have the option.
      Its funny you phrased it this way, Im very vocal about wanting more weapons and I think it should be up to the mappers to decide what works best on their map, if that means we have a set of 15 weapons or more so be it as long as they are reasonably balanced for testing and are new and exciting Im in. I do believe UT has lost some awe and spectacle not because it doesnt use the best engine on the market (shameless plug) but because people generally know how things go and theres not alot to change up the dynamic.
      Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Hi fellow unreal tournament fanatics. Here is my suggestion about the good ol ripper remaking:

primary fire: blades with the same speed as in ut99 but a) a bit slower firing ratio from the weapon. (and every 5-6 blades it will do a kind of reloading/cooldown time for 2-3 secs). b) they will be able to bounce on a surface but just once so it will be more a matter of skill (head 8ball anyone..?) rather than luck and spamming. and you will be able to get enemies you dont see, a thing no other weapon does (if they are coming from a corner for example).

secondary fire: a blade that will be rather slow, almost like a frisbee, explodable, but guidable by a laser sensor (wanted movie bullet bending style), that explodes with contact to any surface. bonus trick if you manage to collide a primary fired disc, with a guided explosive disk, you get an explosion equal to power of the shock rifle combo. tell me about skill based ripper now...

Comment

Working...
        X