Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Barktooth View Post

Wow WTF.. didn't notice the text under his name. I don't see any bad posts in his post history, why was he banned?
    Ye, wtf did happen here? He got frustrated and said some nasty things? The latest video had nice movement and feel to it. Also by looking at his posts, it looks like he really wanted to contribute by making UT4 better. It looks that much of the community development has ended..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cafe
    [MENTION=7008]Barktooth[/MENTION] he's banned
    Wow WTF.. didn't notice the text under his name. I don't see any bad posts in his post history, why was he banned?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=5674]tigerclaw[/MENTION] any updates?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd be interested in trying this out in a pug or two.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I didn't but if i can figure out how then i will

New build is out guys and it's... untested(best word i can think of right now), i'll start working on my mod tomorrow after work, hopefully will have something ya'll can play in the next few weeks
    Last edited by tigerclaw; 02-01-2016, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks good. Did you remove wall running?

We'll get this on the bloodbath dallas hub for testing once it's ready.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Quick update at the top, here's a video showing the movement i have so far

There are a few things to sort out and you also see it with the landing heigh adjustment animations which look pretty sh*tty.

Missed a lot of easy stuff(mainly) due to frame drops but you get the idea

ATM i'm waiting for the new build to come out and have ported in some UT1 maps to test on, there shouldn't be an issue in using UT4 maps to test with, i've tried on a few of the existing maps and whilst some feel different(esp with the lower run speed) they're all still playable

The movement scale i've used matches in very closely to UT4, there are a few differences like the run speed/accel/decel being much lower, the jump height being higher and the dodge being slower

The BP player height is stuck, so the final movement asset will be from a slightly higher POV and will look a little faster as a result, as it is the movement is a pleasure to use

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tigerclaw View Post
    Hi Guys,

So i've started working on tweaks for an overall game play balance mod. The focus will be on weapons and the end view is to balance out the movement, player scale and all of the weapons for a better playing experience.

Right now it's basically just myself and a few other guys providing feedback, i'll post updates and videos here prior to testing and hope to get as much feedback as possible.

Some initial ideas on weapons;

Overall
    Reduce the hit radius of all weapons so that you can't "clip" players and still have this be a hit, weapons need to either hit or miss and only splash or radius damage weapons should forgive missing
    Bring the distance some weapons are fired from the player back, some weapons like flak and rockets are in particular need of this

Shock
    Reduce Pri rate of fire slightly
    Increase Pri damage to 50-60
    Increase Secondary rate of fire
    Reduce ball speed
    Reduce visible shock ball radius and possibly the explosion radius
    Tweak shock combo damage to make it deadly but only at close ranges

Sniper
    Remove trail
    Tweak sounds
    Increase rate of fire
    Increase headshot damage to 150
    Remove bonuses for stopped and zoomed headshots making head hitbox even at all times

Flak
    Reduce shards to 8
    Reduce flak spread
    Try to randomise flak spread a bit more(if i can figure out how)
    Reduce speed of Pri
    Increase damage attenuation of Pri(less damage the further it goes)
    Reduce the speed of the flak shell so that it falls to the ground sooner, this creates a steeper arc and slower ball at range

Rockets
    Reduce Rocket speed
    Reduce or remove excessive visual effects
    Reduce grenade speed
    Increase grenade spread
    Reduce rocket size

Scale
    Player height 80-87(half height)
    Player width 34-38(half height)

I won't go into the rest of the weapons and what minor or major tweaks might be useful until i've made these base changes for testing. For an idea of what i mean by reducing visuals see this video, it took me a few minutes of tweaking to get the shock combo visuals down to a more reasonable level, if anything it's too small and low key now and could use some changes the other way, but it's just an example.

I'll need players of similar skill levels to each other for duel play testing once the initial changes are made, if anyone has any specific suggestions for any weapons or movement changes please let me know or post here

If anyone wants to help contribute, either by testing or through UE4 then let me know

Chris
    Your weapon ideas are absolutely terrible IMO.
    Would never ever play it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A lot of good ideas guys, especially the accelerating rockets UT1 rockets don't seem to fire at full speed either, was wondering about that...

The flak ball arc is an easy fix as are some of the others listed, visual changes will take a lot more effort on my part unless someone with more experience wants to join up

I'll need to change the collision radius per weapon once they've been playtested more but most need lowering to make them less forgiving if you miss by small amounts

The scale affects the weapons directly, i want to use Stolids or something similar as a base movement - decreasing scale will make hitscan less effective and help balance them out

The idea is to have powerful yet situational weapons which require a degree of accuracy, approximate spam should be much less effective

I've gone through a lot of the settings i want to change, will look at it again in the next build

I also want to try my hand at the animations, they basically **** right now, especially the hunched stances, the run stance and the hopping "dodges" - won't promise any flips lol but if i can figure the animations out i'll try and make it more like UT1, simpler and cleaner(but not realistic, which works better imo)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Direct hit with flak can't be as easy as with rocket. Rocket are faster and have a direct trajectory. Damage can't be the same.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to adjust to the game and stop complaining, this isn't UT99.

*sarcasm*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IMO direct hits being so easy with both rockets and flak secondary are ruining the game. While intentional direct mid-air hits take prediction skill you can also randomly spam projectiles in the general direction of your enemy and get hits fairly often. This doesn't take much skill, if you are in close range you are basically guaranteed a hit if you look in the right direction and click. Splash damage should be the main way to do damage with both rockets and flak secondary.

One of the first tips you can give to a newbie in any arena FPS is to aim their rockets at the ground. Well, in UT4 that tip would be useless, they'll probably be better off spamming rockets directly at someone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use the Flack and rockets if i want to win,but the other weapons are for fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I thought around 10 minutes how comment this movie, but... this is just n/c "flak" says everything.

Basically we have only two balanced weapons right now: sniper rifle and shock rifle (which still needs minor tweaks, more ammo for example). Every other weapon is less or more op. Unfortunatelly, from unknown reason sniper will be nerfed in the next build...
    Last edited by rAge.; 01-24-2016, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not that we don't like it, 160 is just a way too high. In close distance flak ball direct shot is as often as rocket direct shot. I have fresh in mind, situation from few days ago, where I died three times in a row from flak ball direct hits. Everytime I had more than 100 hp :/
    Last edited by rAge.; 01-24-2016, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X