Stinger

Shock Rifle

Sniper Rifle

Ripjack

Grenade Launcher

Rocket Launcher

Flak Cannon

Here we go, just some UC2 references I had collected
    Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-24-2014, 06:58 PM.
    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Thanks, that's a very nice set! The Shock Rifle certainly looks awesome in UC2

Also, what's the difference between the Grenade Launcher and the Bio Rifle?..
      Last edited by GreatEmerald; 05-25-2014, 09:29 AM.
      Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
      My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

One launches grenades, the other launches globs of goo?
        <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
        <TNSe> nono
        <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
        <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
        <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
        <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
          One launches grenades, the other launches globs of goo?
          Visually, I mean Most sources I can find show pretty much the same model for both...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Visually, I mean Most sources I can find show pretty much the same model for both...
            I think they were just different ammo types for the same weapon, I cant actually remember exactly though.
            Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Huh, interesting.

Comment

Keyword for archive digging: "Canister Gun"
                <TNSe> nono
                <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
                <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Maybe we could add popular mods' weapons to the list. It'd be really cool to have a lot of weapons as inspiration to the UT14 weapon list. ChaosUT, Ferali's NW3, Apocalypse Weapons, U4E (forgotten in time :P) just to mention some. Also, ignore TO and realism mods for obvious reasons.

Comment

BFG !?

Ok, random super-gun replacing Redeemer !?
                    Tried to play UT2k4, UT3 – not that ! Now Play UT. Always waiting UT2 !

Comment

/me goes and advertises for another of his creations...

For my Space CTF remake I created a "BFRL10k", a re-imagination of the Q3A BFG10k as rocket launcher. (This map also features very Q3A-ish pickup rules to add some more action.)
                      <TNSe> nono

Comment

Originally posted by Wutsittou View Post
                        Ah I would love to see Chaos Mod wether new or old return. Especially those mines and their evil laugh.
                        Seconded, ChaosUT had some crazy weapons!

Comment

Wow thats an exhaustive list, gj. That shock rifle from UC2 looks so alien, its awesome - im sad I've never played that game.

I was thinking that UT4 could do with some new weapons and this is a great place for inspiration, what kind of gun do people feel is missing from the game? UT's weapons feel like they cover all the bases but I'm sure there's room for something that fills a gap in the weapon functionality. Just trying to think of what that is...
                          UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
                          Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
                          "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Thank you for listing the Unreal Championship 2 weapons as well! This brought back memories and I instantly started my old XBOX and played some UC2.
                            I am a big fan of some of the design decisions in that spin-off, I think the rocket launcher never looked better and I like the ripjack there as well.
                            But also the ancient temple / scifi mixture of the maps and the anubis armor, especially the helmet. Dang, that character looked great with that armor!
                            Here, have a look: http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...stargate_1.jpg
                            I would love to see that one in the new UT!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                              Stasis Field
                              • A big cube that slows anything inside and stops hitscan weapons.
                              • Unreal factor: Slow motion everything in a small area.
                              I remember having some great fun with Stasis Fields. I hope they come back in some form.

Comment

Originally posted by threadlock View Post
                                I remember having some great fun with Stasis Fields. I hope they come back in some form.
                                I literally scrolled down to reply that - out of all of the things in that list - to say I hope stasis fields do NOT come back. Those friggin fields are broken. You can't hitscan and spam is effectively useless. They're a game-breaker and are akin to an invulnerable pickup in the hands of a decent player.

On this point you are... my arch nemesis! :P
                                I went by B0T0X in UT2k4, BoboTheBrave in UT3. If you remember me, send me a PM!

Remember? I was the one running backward with the flag!

Comment

Working...
                                X