Straight linkgun secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight linkgun secondary

Is it possible to make link secondary just straight as in UT99? Hate this shaft bending and being fixed on some targets in UT3, and now in last build of new UT it sometimes bends toward ground even if link's barrel directed forward, thats just stupid. Maybe simpler shaft mechanics (the beam just always pointing/damaging/pulling in the direction of sight on X yards forward like in UT99 or like quake3 shaft) would be better?

I haven't complained about this yet because there are much more pressing issues, but yes, a more straight Link Gun secondary would be nice. It's not terrible enough to annoy me right now but it could certainly be better. It doesn't even look good from a visual standpoint the way it is now. Make it thicker but more straight.

Comment

I have seen it bent it UT3 videos. But it has always been straight for me in UT3 and UT4.

Maybe it is a field of view related issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal Gladiator View Post
        Maybe it is a field of view related issue.
        No, it's not, just compare the UT99 and UT shafts and their behavior, UT99 one is more comfortable to use and even looks better + it not bends at all.

Comment

I would love this. IMO no version of link secondary has ever been as satisfying as the pulse's. Removing link pull is the only other change that could make me happier.

Comment

In UT3, the link gun used to charge nodes, heal vehicles and (at one stage?) boost damage for team mates.

When you hit a team mate at the moment, the beam still changes colour and latches on to them. Does it actually do anything, or is this a left-over that nobody talks about? Essentially bugging out when team mates are around!
            Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post
              When you hit a team mate at the moment, the beam still changes colour and latches on to them. Does it actually do anything, or is this a left-over that nobody talks about? Essentially bugging out when team mates are around!
              Yes. There's no visual effect for the powerup though.
              Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

It's only bending in spectator mode/replays.

I guess in first person it does look like it slightly bend, but as far as I know, it's just a hitscan calculation. You can't even saw opponents with the beam like you used to in UT99. The UT99 version of the beam was not in fact just a hitscan beam. It was composed of 10 real objects.

In UT3 the linking was based on proximity. If you were close enough to a teammate, you automatically linked up. Problem was, you had to be too close and it made all of you very vulnerable to any aoe weapons. I do prefer this way of linking up, it just needs to have a wider range to be viable. With the 2k4 way of linking up I always ended up accidentally linking up with a teammate when I was shooting an enemy and died because of it. It was so annoying.
                Check out my work!
                | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                | Localization

Comment

Working...
                X