Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out with the Impact Hammer/Shieldgun, in with the Power Smash move.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out with the Impact Hammer/Shieldgun, in with the Power Smash move.

I would like to see a move that uses your fists to smash the floor and causes you to fly up in the air with similar effects of the Impact hammer/Shieldgun jump at max charge.
    You dont have to switch to a weapon , you simply hold the "power smash" button (shift perhaps), on release you execute and immediately switch to your previous weapon.
    Once hitting the power smash button you quickly charge your fists (takes up to 1.5 seconds max) then release it on the floor to make a similar jump like the impact hammer/shieldgun at full charge.

You can also punch enemy's in the face with it but it does less damage then the impact hammer/shieldgun or you could like instakill a guy out of the blue.
    Once you press the power smash button the character will make a roar so you know when to expect a punch at least .
    It will be at the cost of some health ofcourse or the move will be abused.

A move like this could speed up the game alot imo. You could close a gap really quickly or jump to higher grounds faster.

There's nothing wrong about a little superhuman strength imo, its Unreal after all .

A rather bizzare move i think, it doesn't make sense to have power-fist fitted for jumping, when you can simply have jump boots for that same purpose. The animation would look silly (a guy kneeling down while running, then smashing the ground to send himself flying). What you are proposing is basically a single-handed impact hammer ready for use at any time, and that would most probably make it OP (even if it's not insta-kill). The original impact hammer was risk-reward, you had to calculate carefully when to use it, this one you can use any time while still having a ranged weapon in your hand.
    Having some kind of impact-knuckles as a mod weapon would be cool though. Everything's cool as a mod

Comment

Jump boots are pickups and it gives an unfair advantage to the carrier imo. A move that everyone can do at anytime is much better.

Comment

In terms of animation/motion, this idea strikes me as a heightened "leapfrog" movement, but with added fervour.

I'm running forwards, prime the weapon, hands plant flat, palms down (for the travel mechanic) and launch forwards with the legs pushing off through the shoulders. (the leap modified to which direction my head would be focused).
        Another frame of reference could be a capoeira person, in terms of examining the physical form of the move in progress.
        Last edited by Spinarax; 05-15-2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Boots are no more unfair than any other powerup, like double damage. The ability to use it depends on map-control skills. And you only have 3 jumps anyway.
          Although i must say i don't like the boots as well, because you have to restrain from jumping to save these 3 jumps for the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by spectral View Post
            What you are proposing is basically a single-handed impact hammer ready for use at any time, and that would most probably make it OP (even if it's not insta-kill). The original impact hammer was risk-reward, you had to calculate carefully when to use it, this one you can use any time while still having a ranged weapon in your hand.
            Having some kind of impact-knuckles as a mod weapon would be cool though. Everything's cool as a mod
            Let's say a quickly full charged power smash does 40 damage, that would need 3 melee attacks to kill a 100hp guy. Pulling off 3 melee attacks wich need a quick charge against a guy with good weapons isn't OP at all.
            You can make it as powerfull as you want.
            Last edited by garuDa; 05-15-2014, 05:27 PM.

Comment

how is this "move" any different than a flamboyant Impact Hammer?
              - your weapon is unavailable during usage
              - requires "loading" time
              - can be used to melee enemies
              just create a mod where the impact hammer's model is switched with hands that do this animation and you're all set.

Comment

Originally posted by homu View Post
                how is this "move" any different than a flamboyant Impact Hammer?
                - your weapon is unavailable during usage
                - requires "loading" time
                - can be used to melee enemies
                just create a mod where the impact hammer's model is switched with hands that do this animation and you're all set.
                The big difference is how fast this is compared to an impact hammer/shieldgun.
                If you are chasing the enemy and want to close the gap fast it takes ages to switch to the impact hammer.
                When you finally switched over you have to load it up slowly and after execution switch back to another weapon, this takes ages.

A move like this would do this process alot faster and will be better for competitive play imo.

Comment

Originally posted by garuDa View Post
                  The big difference is how fast this is compared to an impact hammer/shieldgun.
                  If you are chasing the enemy and want to close the gap fast it takes ages to switch to the impact hammer.
                  When you finally switched over you have to load it up slowly and after execution switch back to another weapon, this takes ages.

A move like this would do this process alot faster and will be better for competitive play imo.
                  that's still only a matter of editing the Impact Hammer's specs - faster load/switch - rather than requiring a completely new weapon/option in the game. your move would require the current weapon be tucked away while you use the hands for the move itself then grab the weapons back - similar delay as the default weapon switching business.

mechanically speaking it's the same thing with a different "skin" and edited stats.

Comment

Originally posted by spectral View Post
                    Boots are no more unfair than any other powerup, like double damage. The ability to use it depends on map-control skills. And you only have 3 jumps anyway.
                    Although i must say i don't like the boots as well, because you have to restrain from jumping to save these 3 jumps for the right time.
                    Bring back walk from UT99 imo. walk + jump doesnt use up a boot charge, no idea why they took this out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by garuDa View Post
                      I would like to see a move that uses your fists to smash the floor and causes you to fly up in the air with similar effects of the Impact hammer/Shieldgun jump at max charge.
                      You dont have to switch to a weapon , you simply hold the "power smash" button (shift perhaps), on release you execute and immediately switch to your previous weapon.
                      Once hitting the power smash button you quickly charge your fists (takes up to 1.5 seconds max) then release it on the floor to make a similar jump like the impact hammer/shieldgun at full charge.

You can also punch enemy's in the face with it but it does less damage then the impact hammer/shieldgun or you could like instakill a guy out of the blue.
                      Once you press the power smash button the character will make a roar so you know when to expect a punch at least .
                      It will be at the cost of some health ofcourse or the move will be abused.

A move like this could speed up the game alot imo. You could close a gap really quickly or jump to higher grounds faster.

There's nothing wrong about a little superhuman strength imo, its Unreal after all .
                      So can I punch people and kill them automatically?
                      Last edited by b1olust; 05-21-2014, 03:08 AM.
                      Steam
                      irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                      UT Username - nvz
                      gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                      || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

No. Just no.

Comment

I prefer my suggestion for Impact Boots: chargeable quick-kicks and velocity-based damage applied when landing on an enemy from above. Fall from a good enough height, and you'll gib anyone stupid enough not to get out of your way.

Comment

No.

Seriously, no. I want to play Unreal Tournament, not some zany mish-mash of new ideas. That's what mutators are for, and if they're good, they'll become popular.
                            also known as Humphro

Comment

Originally posted by Diode View Post
                              No.

Seriously, no. I want to play Unreal Tournament, not some zany mish-mash of new ideas. That's what mutators are for, and if they're good, they'll become popular.
                              I think "new ideas" are integral to a sequel. If you don't want new ideas, then just go play any one of the UT's that came before. They're fine games, and they hold up well today.

Comment

Working...
                              X