Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request: Ability to set sensitivity for each weapon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Ability to set sensitivity for each weapon.

I'd like to request the ability to set unique mouse sensitivity for each weapon.

There are several players who already do this with their mouse software. It would be nice to have it in the core game.
    www.mouserpad.com

Seems to be more an indication that the mouse movements need improvements.

Comment

I remember the last time I tried this in Quake, I'd set each of my weapon binds to also set a new sensitivity. For example, if T was my rocket launcher, I'd also set T to "setsensitivity 1.2" or something like that.

I dunno, would this work in UT?
      ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
      Frag video featuring Rookie
      Frag video featuring Phantaci
      Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by de`pain View Post
        I'd like to request the ability to set unique mouse sensitivity for each weapon.

There are several players who already do this with their mouse software. It would be nice to have it in the core game.
        That would be great. I'm going to try that now with my mouse software as I cannot find the right sens balance.
        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

I requested this in a weapon group thread Joe Wilcox posted in, and he said he would look into it. However I got the impression he didn't think many people would use this, so I'm not to confident it will get implemented. I have used a different mouse sensitivity for my weapons in all the UT games and feel I'm really suffering because I can't with this UT. I need all the help I can get, please put this in. Come on Joe, help an average Joe out
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos[X] View Post
            I requested this in a weapon group thread Joe Wilcox posted in, and he said he would look into it. However I got the impression he didn't think many people would use this, so I'm not to confident it will get implemented. I have used a different mouse sensitivity for my weapons in all the UT games and feel I'm really suffering because I can't with this UT. I need all the help I can get, please put this in. Come on Joe, help an average Joe out
            Just posting this here to connect the dots, if someone is trying to find the post you mentioned:

Originally posted by Kronos[X] View Post
            That's great news. Could you also add a mouse sensitivity option for the group?
            Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
            That would actually require quite a bit more work. I'll discuss it internally as I can see a small benefit but I don't think it's something many people would actually use. So it might fail the benefit/cost test.

Hmm.. groups are just a fixed index right now. I guess I could look at extending it to have additional information based on the group itself. Let me think about this one for a while.
            Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Working...
            X