Fjaru's Flak cannon mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    I'm saying I made the Weapon Replacement mutator and I'm curious as to why using it for the replacement doesn't work
    This seems to be a problem with the Bio Launcher as well, if you use Weapon Replacement the weapon itself works but the ammo on the map is still for the normal Bio Rifle. Might be that Clawfist did something wrong but if Fjaru has the same problem it's most likely related to the Weapon Replacement mutator itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Fjaru View Post
      The Weapon Replacement mutator does not replace the ammo type on the map. If I could make my flak use the same ammo as the vanilla flak then that would be a solution.
      It replaces it with the Ammo type that has your weapon set as the weapon for it.

Basically on your AmmoPickup BP in the Class Defaults, there is an Ammo section with a Type in it. That type needs to be set to your Weapon BP.
      Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 02-17-2016, 03:22 PM.
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
        It replaces it with the Ammo type that has your weapon set as the weapon for it.

Basically on your AmmoPickup BP in the Class Defaults, there is an Ammo section with a Type in it. That type needs to be set to your Weapon BP.
        When I do this it just removes the flak ammo but does not add my ammo type to the level.

Comment

Originally posted by Fjaru View Post
          When I do this it just removes the flak ammo but does not add my ammo type to the level.
          And you're selecting the same BP in that dropdown as you are in Weapon Replacement? Their being removed implies that it can't find the asset in the asset registry correctly. I asked wail to test this with his and he said it is working...
          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Nice job so far! Hopefully Epic will take note!

One suggestion, would it be possible to manually detonate the secondary flak ball in the air? So fire a flak ball, then press secondary fire again only now it manually detonates the flak ball wherever it is at. If you dont detonate it, it blows up on impact. Or maybe it bounces off the wall and rolls to a stop. It can still be detonated manually or it automatically blows up after a 5 second delay. This would be really fun, you can precision blow up people inside of rooms or behind corners or leave it on the ground as a trap.
            PayBack

Comment

Oh! Here it is!
              I was looking to test your flak! I saw the youtube video from your channel and I was immediately interested!
              Very balanced implementation overall.
              The primary is really nice but I feel it needs a bit less projectile speed (thus range) and a bit wider spread.
              I am talking about really small changes around 5% (but not above)!
              This will complement the secondary implementation which is the real gem!
              Making the secondary spawn a second “primary shot” in order to extend the weapon's range is fantastic!
              From what I've seen in the bps there are not enough exposed components to balance/tweak all secondary “functions”. Thus I will not criticize (and I'm not bothered by) the behavior of the secondary shards!
              But I would like to see an increase in the TossZ value and a decrease of the speed of the flak ball.
              This will hopefully create a higher projectile travel curve. Can be used in situations in which you want to bypass a wall or other obstacles and contest a certain objective.
              My little feedback is this: adjust the primary a little bit to complement the secondary.
              Last edited by darksinn3r; 03-01-2016, 04:16 AM.
              Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
              Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

Working...
              X