Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapon Data - Competitive Player - Latest Build 2.1.16

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Weapon Data - Competitive Player - Latest Build 2.1.16

    I want to share the data from my stats for the last month, which consists of 95% Duels and some random DM games. For the duels, it's with a 99% win rate this last month for the current player-base in NA, I think it's relevant because that should also be considered when reviewing the data that I am not losing the games with this consistency on kill spread, I am winning them almost always. I also realize there are different play styles that could be used and be effective, however, with the current weapon balance and playerbase in NA, I am confident the data speaks to the optimal use of weapons from what I have experienced, in conjunction with proper Duel play obviously.

    Rocket Launcher - 532 kills
    Shock Combo - 340 kills
    Flak - 299 kills (primary and secondary)
    Sniper - 297 kills
    Link - 151 kills (primary and link fire)
    Shock Rifle - 141 kills (primary fire)
    Enforcer - 69 kills
    Mini - 67 kills (primary and shards)

    What does the data show?
    For the last month - Rockets are 56% higher in kills than my second highest (I split Combo and Shock Primary kills because I see them as different in my playstyle - I typically use a combo and follow up with primary after someone is hurt, I don't try to shock tape people from full health).

    Why do I think that is?
    With the player scale increase and the extremely forgiving rocket splash, they are BY FAR the easiest weapon to kill anyone with, bar none, hands down. I don't even have to be that accurate with them, I can spam an inch away on my screen and still register splash damage.

    What else sticks out to me?
    Shock combo radius is still too large and forgiving. Even with the increase to shock ammo consumption and reduced amount on maps, I can still continually keep ammo count up enough to effectively spam combos wherever needed. They are still too easy and forgiving on radius.

    Overall, this is my feedback, it may be different for others and that is fine. From my perspective, Wail weapons (UTPRIME) are too unforgiving on Rockets and Combos and the current Epic Weapons are TOO forgiving. In my opinion we need to meet in the middle and take a balanced approach and could see more skill based and fair play across the board. Noobs and pro's alike would enjoy a more challenging weapon balance environment, it promotes growth and focus, not complete forgiveness or frustration on either side.

    Side note: The sound problems are extremely detrimental in Duel right now which do make Rockets and Combos that much more effective but it's not enough to sway my opinion and experience with and against these weapons in this build and even previous builds.

    EDIT: Had attempted to add my Death data in as well, didn't save, data showed that Rockets were highest death count by 33%, Flak was second highest.
    Last edited by RøOk!e; 02-20-2016, 08:39 PM.

    #2
    Agreed with pretty much everything you've said above. Epic needs to focus on weapon balancing sooner than they want to, because if they continue waiting, it will only become harder to adjust over time. Though, I do probably think combos are fine the way they are now. The main issue for me, along with most other more skillful, experienced players, is of course, the rockets.
    Unreal Tournament CTFer.
    ____________________________

    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972651604/

    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKP...VxhOU682oNmUEQ

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Orion` View Post
      Epic needs to focus on weapon balancing sooner than they want to

      Oh dont worry, Epic is waayyyy ahead of you! prepare for a rocket splash INCREASE in the next build!!

      Do they still have pub playdays with the devs on friday? We need to collectively join and fill the server up, vote for lea nicktest1 and asdf over and over, and rocket / flak them into 0-50 scores every map ^__^ Sorry, it's the only way...


      Thank you though, Rookie. A lot of us complain about everything amongst each other on teamspeak all the time, then just magically assume that the devs will feel the vibrations in the matrix and conform to our will. Reality doesnt work like that, so doing some analysis like this is valuable. Rookie is one of the most sniper-heavy players around too, and even he has almost 2x as many rocket kills as he does sniper kills in DUEL. I'd be interested to know some stats from top euro players as well...
      ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
      Frag video featuring Rookie
      Frag video featuring Phantaci
      Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks for posting this. I pretty much agree with everything you've posted but want to add that rocket speed is too fast as well.

        Comment


          #5
          Your deaths would be much more reliable (it should minimize affect of your playstyle).
          Anyway I disagree about the combo, I think there are much more unbalanced weapons for now, rl, mini, link, flak - every of them is better (cheaper) in my opinion. Anyway, decreased combo radius with changing its damage (more chances for max dmg) would be interesting, but I don't think it's needed anymore as we have projectiles with its own sound now. It's much easier to react on the incoming combo from behind the corner. Ammo count is dramatic in TDM, so I think it should be changed, but in different way than you suggested - I count on more ammo in the future. To be honest - why only shock user should be careful on their ammo?

          Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by rAge. View Post
            Your deaths would be much more reliable (it should minimize affect of your playstyle).
            Anyway I disagree about the combo, I think there are much more unbalanced weapons for now, rl, mini, link, flak - every of them is better (cheaper) in my opinion. Anyway, decreased combo radius with changing its damage (more chances for max dmg) would be interesting, but I don't think it's needed anymore as we have projectiles with its own sound now. It's much easier to react on the incoming combo from behind the corner. Ammo count is dramatic in TDM, so I think it should be changed, but in different way than you suggested - I count on more ammo in the future. To be honest - why only shock user should be careful on their ammo?
            I added death data but it didn't save, Rockets are the highest by 33%. Also, my playstyle still comes into affect for this data because I tend to take Sniper and Shock away from people more often than say Flak. Even still, Rockets were the highest by a large margin.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RøOk!e View Post
              Side note: The sound problems are extremely detrimental in Duel right now which do make Rockets and Combos that much more effective but it's not enough to sway my opinion and experience with and against these weapons in this build and even previous builds.
              The one thing I thought was better this build was the shockball sound when travelling through the air, allowing backing off at corners. Besides that it is garbage.
              Posts are about duel unless otherwise specified. ut duel shortcomings | What is timing? | dm-twentyseven

              Comment


                #8
                My death statistics are pretty similiar: Rockets and flak are leading in those.
                I played around 17 hours on the current build, 95% TDM and duels.

                Rocket Launcher - 277 = 24%
                Flak- 248 = 21%
                -----------------------------------------------
                Sniper - 142 = 12%
                Link - 122 = 11%
                -----------------------------------------------
                Shock Combo - 97 = 8%
                Shock Rifle - 96 = 8%
                Enforcer - 79 = 7%
                Mini - 79 = 7%
                -----------------------------------------------
                Bio - 20 = 2%

                Just asked my team-mate, his stats are pretty consistent with mine:

                Flak- 163 = 21%
                Rocket Launcher - 142 = 18%
                -----------------------------------------------
                Sniper - 94 = 12%
                Link - 85 = 11%
                Shock Combo - 81 = 10%
                -----------------------------------------------
                Shock Rifle - 64 = 8%
                Enforcer - 59 = 8%
                Mini - 62 = 8%
                -----------------------------------------------
                Bio - 34 = 4%

                Rockets and flak have no competition, enforcer is a way too strong (shoud be on place of bio in those stats).
                Last edited by rAge.; 02-21-2016, 10:17 AM.

                Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
                  Oh dont worry, Epic is waayyyy ahead of you! prepare for a rocket splash INCREASE in the next build!!

                  Do they still have pub playdays with the devs on friday? We need to collectively join and fill the server up, vote for lea nicktest1 and asdf over and over, and rocket / flak them into 0-50 scores every map ^__^ Sorry, it's the only way...


                  Thank you though, Rookie. A lot of us complain about everything amongst each other on teamspeak all the time, then just magically assume that the devs will feel the vibrations in the matrix and conform to our will. Reality doesnt work like that, so doing some analysis like this is valuable. Rookie is one of the most sniper-heavy players around too, and even he has almost 2x as many rocket kills as he does sniper kills in DUEL. I'd be interested to know some stats from top euro players as well...
                  Challenge accepted :}

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by linoleumbnprt View Post
                    Challenge accepted :}
                    Can you invite me to your internal play tests? I am more than happy to teach them devs a thing or two about weapon balance..

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Rocket splash? Your using them wrong. With their speed, better to just aim for the chest.
                      Originally posted by Mysterial
                      An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Both ways are efficient, because current splash is huge.

                        Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by -AEnubis- View Post
                          Rocket splash? Your using them wrong. With their speed, better to just aim for the chest.
                          Lol. They definitely are not hitscan, people are trolling at that point. They're a bit too fast yes but it's not that easy to hit very good players in the chest every time. It is quite easy to hit near them with the splash though.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            lol they don't have to be hit scan to score direct hits.
                            Originally posted by Mysterial
                            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by -AEnubis- View Post
                              lol they don't have to be hit scan to score direct hits.
                              I am aware of that. Thank you

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X