4. Flak cannon
    5. Rocket launcher
    6. Sniper rifle
    7. Bio rifle
    8. Minigun
    9. Impact hammer
    10. Ripper

Enforcer, dat damage.
    Sniper, more damage or higher rate of fire. I pick enforcers over a sniper.
    Link gun kind of kills fast too, but it's somewhat justified. Damage from the beam could be slightly decreased though.
    No ripper, what?

Other than the enforcers being my most frequent frustration, this game is a hell of fun.
    Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 03-04-2016, 06:11 AM.

My personal ranking:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SUPER OP
    1. Flak primary
    2. Rocket launcher
    3. Link primary
    4. Enforcer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OP
    5. Minigun primary
    6. Link secondary
    7. Bio launcher

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BALANCED
    8. Flak secondary
    9. Shock primary
    10. Minigun secondary
    11. Sniper rifle

UNDERPOWERED
    12. Shock combo (ammo!!!!)
    13. Shock secondary

Last edited by rAge.; 02-29-2016, 08:39 AM.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Originally posted by rAge. View Post
      BALANCED

10. Minigun secondary
      Lol no, not even close.
      :|

Comment

Well, It's possible that I am wrong in this case. I just never met somebody who used it in too much efficient way. I rarely using it, but it looks like fair damage and not so cheap technique like link primary spam for example.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Why do you experience the rocket launcher as OP?

As for the flak, you have to be close to be shredded. The damage is logical as you absorb all the projectiles. Dodging it is manageable.
          Link primary is cool, I actually use it now compared to previous versions of UT. Link secondary kills me way too quickly when I just spawned.

Comment

Rocket launcher collision and speed make it a crapshoot to dodge, and unrewarding frags.
            Salvos are still yawn.
            Grenades are still too smart (17 years).
            Chunk damage makes bad shots still do far too substantial of damage.
            Flak Bombs are logistically bananas, they are too bomb, and not enough flak. It should act as range extended chunk.
            Link primary might as well be bullets, too fast to dodge.
            Link pull is worse than lockdown in terms of generated frustration in the target.
            Link shaft is too easy for it's damage.
            Mini is too accurate.
            Shards need too lose one of push, damage, or speed.
            Enforcers (starting weapons) are hit scan (lol).
            Combos are a bit too large (still). Radius should scale directly with ammo consumption.

I am okay with the current sniper damage and rate, and beams don't really get my goat like days of old (surprisingly), though that may change if the list of things above are all addressed. I don't feel too dirty abusing the 65dmg hit scan.

Cores need help. They should not be relegated to a combo seed. They should be more damaging than beams, and their speed should scale inversely to their collision size (to some degree). This way slower cores make for more predictable combos, but are easier to hit moving, or faster cores that are harder to dodge, but make the user more likely to do standers (vulnerable). Their stay power should also be inverse to their rate. Low interval cores that you can't combo close should block incoming fire (bar maybe link and goo), or fast firing (spammy) cores which can combo short range, shouldn't block much of anything.

If any weapons should be tested with larger collision, it should be goo, cores, and link (slow link bolts), and not rockets and chunk. Slow moving projectiles, but would then thus be more forgiving. Like an alternative to AoE. Ammo limits are just not fun. I think the only way this would be more tolerable currently, is by allowing really fast weapon switching, so you don't feel like you just want to keep spamming with what you have. I do think I wouldn't mind the current switch speeds, however, with more ammo. There does seem to be legitimate tactical give and take with switching in mid fire fight, and it's versatile without being too twitch, but running out of ammo fast makes inventory tracking a chore. The combination unforgiving weapon switching AND ammo limits is not fun, and getting less fun with lower rates of fire on some guns, since for some reason 164 total chuck damage is apparently not up for debate.

For chunk, something like penetration would make more sense to make it a crowd control weapon, and still limit it's stack breaking abilities. You could kill as many people at once as you allowed it to penetrate through, while simultaneously limiting the number of damage it does to any single target. I also, would (still) like to see penetration instead of push on the shards.

Penetration could be a useful tool in making sure that weapons aren't super OP stack breaking for duel, but can satisfy those "chaotic" monster kill moments, where you gib multiple players at one time. Larger collisions could achieve this to some degree as well.
            Originally posted by Mysterial
            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

My personal ranking:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              INSANELY OVERPOWERED LIKE WTF
              1. Flak primary
              2. Rocket launcher
              3. Link primary
              4. Enforcer

OP
              5. Minigun primary
              6. Link secondary
              7. Bio launcher

BALANCED
              8. Flak secondary
              9. Shock primary
              10. Minigun secondary
              11. Sniper rifle

UNDERPOWERED
              13. Shock secondary

I made your post a little bit more accurate and dramatic.
              Steam
              irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
              UT Username - nvz
              gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
              || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

imo sniper rifle is almost in a good spot, it shouldnt be as it was in ut 99 but I think reload time should be shortened by like 0,5sec due to fast paced movement overall in this game

pls no ban

sry for bad london

Comment

My personal ranking:

SUPER OP
                  1. Flak primary
                  2. Rocket launcher
                  3. Link primary
                  4. Enforcer

OP
                  5. Minigun primary
                  6. Link secondary
                  7. Bio launcher

BALANCED
                  8. Flak secondary
                  9. Shock primary
                  10. Minigun secondary
                  11. Sniper rifle

UNDERPOWERED
                  13. Shock secondary

good post.
                  for me :

insanely OP:
                  - minigun primary
                  - link gun primary
                  - ENFORCER (most annoying)

all three would need a damage reduction or higher spread somehow. right now, its easy to do insane damage with those.

still OP/broken:
                  - flak damage on primary
                  - rocket direct hits
                  - bio: gigantic hitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                  X