Request: Fix Link Gun's special fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Fix Link Gun's special fire!

When I'm in combat with the Link Gun you alternate between primary fire and secondary fire a lot depending on how close your opponent is.
    After playing with it for a couple of hours I'm starting to get very frustrated with the Link Gun's special pulling feature.
    The pulling feature works as follows: while you are firing the beam with your secondary attack you primary fire at the same time and if you are making contact with an opponent, the opponent will be pulled towards you.

However, as I am frequently switching between the primary and secondary modes I often find that the pulling feature activates when I was just trying to go from secondary fire to primary fire. This results in me being unable to shoot or damage anything for a couple of seconds until the pulling feature finishes.

A possible solution to this is to only activate the pulling feature when you are actively damaging an opponent. In this way if I see my beam isnt connecting with the opponent I can switch over to primary fire immediately without hitting that dreaded special attack.

Yes, this has actually been extremely annoying for me as well. Now I have to be careful just to make sure to stop firing the secondary before pressing the primary :/

Comment

had been costing me a lot in ctf too

Comment

Yeah, it should only prevent you from using primary fire if the pull is actually successful, aka you were hitting your opponent when you triggered it. I've also noticed bugs where I switch back to link gun and try to use secondary fire but it just automatically pulls and I'm locked into using a 0 damage silly string shooter for 0.7 seconds. Frustrating to say the least :P
        :|

Comment

Just remove link pull entirely. Personally it's a large part of reason I won't play this game right now. Several of the current weapons aren't particular great, but link is just irritating.
          Last edited by gzv; 03-17-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
            Yes, this has actually been extremely annoying for me as well. Now I have to be careful just to make sure to stop firing the secondary before pressing the primary :/
            Same for me. Actually I don't use the pull anymore because I don't understand how it works.
            Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
            https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
            http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
            Discord PUG Community

Comment

Originally posted by gzv View Post
              Just remove link pull entirely. Personally it's a large part of reason I won't play this game right now. Several of the current weapons aren't particular great, but link is just irritating.
              Link pull has been severely limited in a recent build and is in a good place now. I only use it as a strategic tool to pull someone out of the air now as it's not something worth using in fights anymore. I don't think there's any reason to remove or further restrict it.

Comment

The link primary is severely overpowered and garbage.
                Steam
                irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                UT Username - nvz
                gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

Originally posted by nvz View Post
                  The link primary is severely overpowered and garbage.
                  In the current build? No way, it's borderline worthless.
                  Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

Originally posted by fb.pb View Post
                    In the current build? No way, it's borderline worthless.
                    Somebody didn't watch the ESL tournament.
                    Unreal Tournament CTFer.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972651604/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKP...VxhOU682oNmUEQ

Comment

Originally posted by Orion` View Post
                      Somebody didn't watch the ESL tournament.
                      Sorry, I misread that as secondary assuming you meant the pull. Primary is actually very strong.
                      Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

*COUGH-linkpullshouldstrictlybeamutatorlikethebiolauncherorlinkgunmedic-COUGH*

Comment

Originally posted by legionz View Post
                          Link pull has been severely limited in a recent build and is in a good place now. I only use it as a strategic tool to pull someone out of the air now as it's not something worth using in fights anymore. I don't think there's any reason to remove or further restrict it.
                          Being able to pull people out of the air is something that should not exist in this game.

Comment

Being able to pull people out of the air is something that should not exist in this game.
                            Why shouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by legionz View Post
                              Why shouldn't it?
                              Well this is my personal opinion, but I think it subverts the movement mechanics in a bad way:

1. It's hitscan so it can't be predicted
                              2. It can't be avoided or countered once airborne
                              3. Makes lift-jumping too risky in many situations
                              4. It's very aggravating to experience
                              5. It's not particularly fun or rewarding to pull off
                              Last edited by gzv; 03-29-2016, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X