Request: Fix Link Gun's special fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gzv View Post
    Well this is my personal opinion, but I think it subverts the movement mechanics in a bad way:

1. It's hitscan so it can't be predicted
    2. It can't be avoided or countered once airborne
    3. Makes lift-jumping too risky in many situations
    4. It's very aggravating to experience
    5. It's not particularly fun or rewarding to pull off
    Literally all of these except the last one also apply to Shock primary. And the last one still doesn't apply to Link pull IMO, it is satisfying if you pull someone down when they are dodging to a pickup, for example.

P.S. I hate receiving any kind of momentum in general (RL/Flak knockback, Shock primary knockback, Stinger shard knockback, etc.) but Link pull isn't any worse than these. In the current build it's useless, but I think if they make the reload slightly faster and make it do no damage during pull it will be well balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
      Literally all of these except the last one also apply to Shock primary. And the last one still doesn't apply to Link pull IMO, it is satisfying if you pull someone down when they are dodging to a pickup, for example.

P.S. I hate receiving any kind of momentum in general (RL/Flak knockback, Shock primary knockback, Stinger shard knockback, etc.) but Link pull isn't any worse than these. In the current build it's useless, but I think if they make the reload slightly faster and make it do no damage during pull it will be well balanced.
      The first 3 points may apply to all hitscan, but against other weapons the risk is primarily damage ... whereas link pull can outright cancel most aerial movement. I don't find knockback affecting my trajectory to be comparable because the way it affects my player model is predictable (especially when caused by a projectile e.g. rockets/flak/secondary stinger.) Whenever I get hit by link pull I'm on the ground before I can figure out where it's coming from, and IMO that's not true for knockback.

Comment

The first 3 points may apply to all hitscan, but against other weapons the risk is primarily damage ... whereas link pull can outright cancel most aerial movement. I don't find knockback affecting my trajectory to be comparable because the way it affects my player model is predictable (especially when caused by a projectile e.g. rockets/flak/secondary stinger.) Whenever I get hit by link pull I'm on the ground before I can figure out where it's coming from, and IMO that's not true for knockback.
        Dunno, I personally find knockback worse because you can't do much about it besides hiding behind a wall or shooting the other person first. With Link pull, they pull you closer to themselves so you can just Rocket or Flak them in the face. It's also very predictable, I mean you always get pulled in the direction of your enemy. I wouldn't say it's as disorientating as Stinger secondary, at least.

Comment

not many things felt as satisfying for me ingame as linkpulling a hammerjumping enemy in ctf games or people jumping to belt on e.g. deck, pull definitely needs to be fixed and brought back :/
          Last edited by userod; 04-05-2016, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Well this is my personal opinion, but I think it subverts the movement mechanics in a bad way:

1. It's hitscan so it can't be predicted
            2. It can't be avoided or countered once airborne
            3. Makes lift-jumping too risky in many situations
            4. It's very aggravating to experience
            5. It's not particularly fun or rewarding to pull off
            I actually liked these attributes. It was extremely useful in CTF going up against someone like Cafe or Xios with good hit-scan aim.

I'd like to see it come back with nerfed damage or something. It sucks that it's completely broken right now or at least unusable as far as I can tell.
            Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

Working...
            X