balance opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

balance opinions

After playing a few rounds im 100% sure that A. the link gun is way stronger than it ever has been on any UT before to the point of being overpowered in my opinion and the flack cannon is way weaker than it used to be in both damage and fire rate to the point of definitely needing a buff the flack cannon is supposed to feel like a big powerfull shotgun that can decimate anyone if they get too close and as of now it feels like a very slow shooting slingshot.

a) Agree
    b) Disagree. Flak is currently one of the deadliest weapons in game.

Some statistics for example:
    40 players, this month statistics, "shots needed to kill"

Flak Cannon = 11,7% of the flak shots were fatal.
    Sniper rifle = 10,7% of the sniper shots were fatal.
    Rockets = 8,0% of rl shots were fatal.
    Shock Rifle = 5,3% of shock rifle shots were fatal.

It's also TOP 2 when "deaths by" are counted.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Hello Mr.STIHL, welcome to the UT forums. Your statements of opinion have been echoed by dozens of other people on these forums, as well as any other place you might find players. The Link primary and the flak primary are only TWO of the many problems this game has with weapon balance right now, and we all know it.

Unfortunately, Epic wont be that concerned with weapon balance until a later date. Until then, we kind of have to put up with one or two dice-roll tweaks per update. Sometimes we win, and sometimes we lose. I encourage you to check out an ongoing weapon balance mod called Unreal Prime, in which community member Wail takes his own stab at tweaking the weapons. We use them all the time in our CTF pick up games.

Go ahead and jump in on the dozen other threads that mimic your exact same statements. Youre a member of the choir now. We hope you stick around through these relatively rough times, and become a life-long UT gamer like the rest of us. It aint easy, but that's just the way of the world right now.
      ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
      Frag video featuring Rookie
      Frag video featuring Phantaci
      Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

In the hands of good hitscan players, the Sniper Rifle is going to be, definitely, one of the most dominant weapon on a map. Even more with Udamage. Sniper Rifle on Chill is ridiculously powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Dmatic View Post
          In the hands of good hitscan players, the Sniper Rifle is going to be, definitely, one of the most dominant weapon on a map. Even more with Udamage. Sniper Rifle on Chill is ridiculously powerful.
          wow really? did you even watch the 1v1 cup?

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
            Just curious, what does Duel have to do with Amp or DM-Chill?
            NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
            My movies on YouTube:
            UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
            , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
            UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
              I watched those videos.
              Doesn't change the fact that the sniper rifle can be used to eliminate an opponent at light speed by landing a headshot and at any combat range. The best weapon to assist other players during their fights. It is the deadliest weapon in UT (excluding Redeemer) in the hands of the best players, so powerful that it also has a negative impact at high level play, because it makes the game more about reflexes and less about intelligence. An opponent will show up and be dead already. There is no combat, no exchange in that, it's not about combat skills. Dexterity alone isn't a combat skill.
              Last edited by 3Dmatic; 03-25-2016, 11:11 PM.

Comment

wow, you guys... i do not know how you think ut works but hitscan is a good part of it and currently sniper is anything but op in fact sniper and shock are the best balanced weapons, do not seem too powerfull have decent ttk and need actual aiming to land a shot. while every other weapon that is non direct hit or non aimable ( link primary) stinger out do them on dps by a margin. do you guys suggest playing an 1v1 game and no leading with hitscan weapon? in what world would that make sense, fight always opens with hitscan moves down to close range and finishes off with link or mini in ideal scenario but a lot of the fights can be ranged, or as statistics show just flak or rl your enemy to death. sniper is op? don fuken kid me i come frok 2004 duel school and hitscan is less the overkill in ut4...

Comment

Imo the problem we now have with flak is that it simultaneously manages to feel unresponsive and clunky "with slow travel speed, inconsistent damage and long reload" but also does an insane amount of damage.

The secondary arc is terrible tho lol. Pls go back to how it was in the build before (:
                  :|

Comment

This is funny. Currently, ut4 is undoubtelly dominated by weapons like rl, link and flak. Even 2k4 was less based on hitscan imo. Especially shock is in the worst place of ut history.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Reminder: Accuracy issue
                      There is a big bug with weapons right now and projectiles don't land at the center of the crosshair when performing fast mouse movements.

Mouse input quality and its effect on gameplay

The quality of the mouse input will also affect the weapon balance. And we don't know if that is something that Epic Games will improve later on. If the aiming is as good as what we can find in either Quake Live or Counter-Strike, expect changes.

Comment

Not sure where to post this but I think this thread is quite fitting. IMO the weapons currently don't fit the speed of the game as it takes very long to switch from Weapon A to Weapon B.. You can move faster from Point A to Point B than switching from a hitscan weapon to something like the flak cannon.
                        Also the slow fire rate on the shock rifle makes it feel kinda meh. Shock combos are only viable for long range since it's not possible to perform some close ones due to the delay of the primary fire.
                        Last edited by roshok; 04-05-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X