Does Flak need a nerf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Flak need a nerf?

What do people think about the current state of Flak? Does it need a nerf?

My opinion, yes, it needs reductions somewhere, it hits like a mac truck even at medium distances. I understand close range, it's going to be a bit deadly with a full flak, but to me it appears to be slightly too easy.
    Yes - something should be reduced
    54.55%
    No - I love pwning
    45.45%

The poll is expired.

yes of course silly man. what kinda question is that
    Last edited by Ward_-; 04-17-2016, 12:30 AM.
    Bow To The King: Quake | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNFSzwTtF8

Comment

Yes, but only a small reduction to the maximum damage of the primary fire. Perhaps only 130 or 135 damage instead of 150.
      Unreal Tournament CTFer.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972651604/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKP...VxhOU682oNmUEQ

Comment

Yes it's worse than rockets now. Not that rockets are ok - primary mostly is, but loaded rockets are super OP.

IMO Flak primary just needs much less damage. Remove middle shard.

Comment

increase primary spread so it's harder to hit on distance, slightly decrease maximum primary damage to 150 or so, increase secondary damage to 125

Comment

The problem is that I'm pretty sure there's a "point blank" feature that adds a big damage bonus if youre right next to the person. Just get rid of it, we don't need that.Plus I guess there's some sort of "center shard" feature that does extra damage. get rid of that too.

Make it simple - 10 shards for 14 damage each, no bonus damage or multiplier of any kind - SLIGHTLY reduce the max range (only a little so you can't snipe with it).

And flak ball should do 90 damage on direct hit (just like rockets should).
            ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
            Frag video featuring Rookie
            Frag video featuring Phantaci
            Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Nah shes just perfect the way she is

Comment

Originally posted by Wowbagger View Post
                Nah shes just perfect the way she is
                Flak is awesome ;D

Comment

the thing that bothers me with flak is that as you said it kills me many times on medium distance even when guy misses me and hits the wall or something.
                  it should be deadliest in close range but i think they need to reduce its power bit more over distance.
                  thats just me

Comment

Imo the spread is great, feels consistent and responsive. Making it wider is a terrible idea cos it just makes it feel worse.

Damage could do with a tone down though. I think it's 173 currently, imo something more like 150 is reasonable so you don't die in 1shot if you have thighpads or a big health stack.

But I think it's the most responsive and balanced flak we've ever had in the game so something is right, it'd be a massive shame to revert to a flak that feels horribly unresponsive.
                    :|

Comment

Originally posted by userod View Post
                      increase primary spread so it's harder to hit on distance, slightly decrease maximum primary damage to 150 or so, increase secondary damage to 125
                      no, just don't increase spread again. then we have a clunky mess again.
                      damage reduction would be enough.

Comment

Of course it needs. Damage reduction to ~150, more damage falloff on distance.
                        +signle point collision of course.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Who want nerfed weapons - just play casual DooM.

The UT is no place for wimps!

Comment

Originally posted by userod View Post
                            Current damage for primary fire is close to 170. It is too high. 150 would be OK.

Spread / ROF / Fall-off are fine for me.
                            Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                            https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                            http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                            Discord PUG Community

Comment

Don't know what the current values are but flak would have been perfect now with just slight dmg value tweaks:

- Should be 144 or so with center shard removed
                              - 2ndary direct hit could do like 112 ~ 118 dmg
                              - Slight shard hitbox reduction (single or 4 point)

It's better than it's ever been before right now though and very close to being ideal, for me it's just dmg tweaks left that could be made.
                              Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-18-2016, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X