No announcement yet.

Does Flak need a nerf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just gonna bump this thread. Already felt like flak was too strong in many cases, after the latest build, it's flak tournament at anything but long range.

Comment

new flak is a disaster
      damage on primary could be halved, and it would still shred a fresh spawn
      damage reduced, and an even greater 'push' effect, which would push someone out of the effective range of flak primary, and force the player to finish with flak secondary.

Comment

ALL TIME VIEW OF KILLS / DEATHS BY WEAPON (PREVIOUS BUILDS SINCE 2015)
        Flak accounts for 20% of my deaths since 2015.. But now it's doubled overnight?
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]30416[/ATTACH]

JULY 2016 MONTHLY KILLS / DEATHS BY WEAPON)
        47% deaths accounted by FLAK CANNON
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]30417[/ATTACH]

7.26.2016 - DAILY ELIMINATION KILLS - SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER FLAK
        48% deaths accounted by FLAK CANNON
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]30418[/ATTACH]

It's clear to me that I am dying significantly more than I ever have in previous builds and I am not the easiest person to kill. But lately since this last build, if I am even in range of a flak cannon (mid - short), there is a large chance I can die now. The Flak changes are absurd right now.

After this last build, Flak deaths account for 48% of my deaths in Elimination. This is WITH long range maps being playing, that number would be even higher had we played mostly enclosed maps.

It's almost as bad as the bio web 1 shot that was rampant a few builds ago.
        Last edited by RøOk!e; 07-27-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Please devs, be careful about high burst weapons, they break tactical depth! I loved UT2003; but there was too much burst in it that killed mid/long term tactics or creative tactics! Flak, triple rockets, charged bio gun and too strong shock ball explosion.. I strongly hope not to find such mistakes in UT4, for the best 1v1 (along with good maps) but also deathmatches, nothing should be very dominant but most importantly nothing should insta-kill you easily! rythm speed and size of projectiles with movement mechanics but also damage values need to be a little better for UT to shine its best!
          design wise maybe the triple rockets should go, hasn't it always been way too much burst?

I really wish for UT4 to be great, just be careful about burst it has been a problem in past UTs the balance with all weapons needs to be better even if some are situational, let players have creative style and reward mid-long term tactics not too much stress on short term so that duels can be as interesting as they should be too! (isn't that one important reason why quake has more depth in 1v1 compared to past UTs?)

Comment

After the last patch this is pretty much "duh".
            Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

Please nerf it already... Any DM server with more than 3 people is basically flak arena now, and duel is almost broken.

Comment

Remove the initial upward aim, we are not on consoles so can (and should!) pull our mice up ourselves (or at least add an option to do it). Or it's a stupid run'n'gun without any tricky aiming anymore, also really annoying when you try to hit someone mid-air with your secondary fire.

Comment

Working...
                X