why does flak feel like trash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does flak feel like trash?

Seriously, it's the most unsatisfying gun I've ever shot in any game. Shoots so freaking sloooooow, projectiles travel even slower. Slooooooow. Secondary shot range is short and slooooow. Can't hit **** at anything that's not point blank.

Please fix. I don't care or know if the gun is OP or not, but it certainly isn't fun to use. UT1999 Flak Cannon is my favorite gun of ALL TIME, it is the most satisfying gun ever, and this new Flak Cannon literally makes me cry because of how dumb it is. Just copy-paste old Flak Cannon into game pls

Because the reload time is so long. It needs to be like 0.76 instead of 1.0 seconds.

Comment

The fire rate was WAY faster in UT99. Now its slower and it sucks. Also the flak grenade's splash damage is very weak compared to 99/2004.

(At least it has decent design)
      CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

The weapon model was the only thing they FINALLY got right. Every Flak Cannon model past UT1999 was trash, but UT4 Flak Cannon model looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Serell~Rosalia View Post
          The weapon model was the only thing they FINALLY got right. Every Flak Cannon model past UT1999 was trash, but UT4 Flak Cannon model looks good.
          Well the UT3 model was UGH but the UT2003/04 one had decent design tho. But still the flak shrapnels HAD THESE ****ING UGLY TRAILS WTH?!
          I hope that the current design will stay...
          CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

As a matter of fact, I too noticed that the current flak cannon is subpar if compared to the old one (UT99). Reload time is waaay to slow. Shrapnels travel in a too small arc. The old version had a much greater spread, which it should have, as it is primarily a short range weapon. The grenade also travels in a very strange arc. I can't really figure it out, but it seems to me that it kinda travels in a longer arc then before? For some reason I always fire grenades far above the target, which means either the arc is longer or the arc points higher in the first place. I don't know, but I'd like the old mechanics back. Don't fix it if ain't broken as they say...

Comment

Originally posted by PusRob View Post
              As a matter of fact, I too noticed that the current flak cannon is subpar if compared to the old one (UT99). Reload time is waaay to slow. Shrapnels travel in a too small arc. The old version had a much greater spread, which it should have, as it is primarily a short range weapon. The grenade also travels in a very strange arc. I can't really figure it out, but it seems to me that it kinda travels in a longer arc then before? For some reason I always fire grenades far above the target, which means either the arc is longer or the arc points higher in the first place. I don't know, but I'd like the old mechanics back. Don't fix it if ain't broken as they say...
              It travels higher, shorter, and slower. It also stays longer in the air, but at the same time the range is still shorter than it used to be. It's weird as hell.
              Last edited by InVader; 05-12-2016, 03:49 AM.
              Check out my work!
              | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
              | Localization

Comment

Working...
              X