The new ASMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new ASMD

I have to say some thing that I didn't like about the shock rifle, or as I still love to call it, the ASMD.
    The primary shot's beam is way too thin! it feels like a (scopeless) sniper - and we already have one.

Also I have an idea - how about "re-naming" some weapons to their "original" names - officially? I mean, call the Bio Rifle "GES BioRifle", or the shock rifle "ASMD/ASMD Shock Rifle"? That will make them being "closer" to their origins... (at least in terms of naming :P)
    CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

For the beam, I personally like it, the I don't know if the hit box match what we see, but it visually make the weapon seem more skillful, and it's suposed to be the weapon of skills.

For the names, I don't think comming back to old names is a god idea, but some weapons could have new names, yes.

I personally use :
    Teleporter
    Hammer
    Enforcer Pistol
    Bio
    ASMD
    Blaster
    Minigun
    Flak
    RL
    Snipe
    Redeemer
    Disc Launcher
    SMG
    Electro Snipe
    Shield Hammer

Comment

Originally posted by Shkikri View Post
      For the beam, I personally like it, the I don't know if the hit box match what we see, but it visually make the weapon seem more skillful, and it's suposed to be the weapon of skills.

For the names, I don't think comming back to old names is a god idea, but some weapons could have new names, yes.

I personally use :
      Teleporter
      Hammer
      Enforcer Pistol
      Bio
      ASMD
      Blaster
      Minigun
      Flak
      RL
      Snipe
      Redeemer
      Disc Launcher
      SMG
      Electro Snipe
      Shield Hammer
      I totally agree with the "weapon of skill" argument, however in my opinion... nothing beats the "powerful" feels of the UT99 one, with the trailed beam and the "powerful" sound, and the UT99 one requires as same aiming skills as the current one.
      CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

The UT99 version was truly powerful, though. Killed in two hits, fired more slowly. Not like the candy-winter three or four hit shocks we've had since UT2k3.

I will say, regarding the name, the Shock Rifle isn't a rifle. Neither is the Bio Rifle. SR could stand for either Shock Rifle or Sniper Rifle. In short, the shock rifle is due for a name change both because the name is wrong and because the most obvious abbreviation causes confusion.

Actually, I forget if I made that thread I was going to make about renaming some of the weapons...

Comment

Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
          ... SR could stand for either Shock Rifle or Sniper Rifle. In short, the shock rifle is due for a name change both because the name is wrong and because the most obvious abbreviation causes confusion.
          If only they would bring back the Lightning Gun, we wouldn't find ourselves in this predicament =]
          NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
          My movies on YouTube:
          UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
          , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
          UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Like I said, I call the sniper a sniper, and the shock riffle, this name doesn't sound that good in my ears, when ASMD probably doesn't mean anything logical, it sound techy and advanced, I like it.

PS : I forgot a weapon for the names I use, the Instagun.

Comment

Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
              If only they would bring back the Lightning Gun, we wouldn't find ourselves in this predicament =]
              Lightning Gun.
              Link Gun.

But I do miss the lightning gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
                Lightning Gun.
                Link Gun.

But I do miss the lightning gun.
                Pulse Gun

Comment

Working...
                X