Faster Weapon Switch Mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Faster Weapon Switch Mutator

Edit: Added another version that is faster than default, but not instant.

I made a mod that makes the weapon switch much faster. This is close to Quakeworld, CPMA, or UT2k3. It's very fast. I'll adjust it over time, this is largely to give some perspective on what the opposite of the current values would feel like. The mod uses some of Parkours code. The only adjustments made have been done to the switch speed.

The values the game allows you to alter are

bring up time:
    put down time:
    refire put down time percent:

bring up and put down are now uniformly .2
    refire put down time percent is 0.0 also across the board

because put down time percent is a percent of the refire rate (as far as I can tell), 0.0 is the only way to make the weapons uniform in switch speed. This is something I feel is beneficial.

Very fast (.2):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...0pueVFHYTRXSDA

Reasonable (.3 guns, .1 trans):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...XdWZElkemNGQkE
    Last edited by pb.; 06-15-2016, 01:54 PM.
    Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Awesome, I finally don't need to wait for the sniper reload animation to finish and I can just switch to the flak whenever I want. It's a bit broken this way, but definitively beats waiting for your death while reloading the sniper.

Thank You!
    Check out my work!
    | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
    | Localization

Comment

Is this on any HUBs? Playable online anywhere?

Thanks PB, looking forward to testing this out even if it's offline.
      NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
      My movies on YouTube:
      UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
      , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
      UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

[MENTION=35307]NoBrainsNoAims^[/MENTION] It should be available on the #UT4pugs hub.

Comment

I love you. Thank you.

Comment

hopefully epic sees this and integrates it in some way.

(they will ignore it as usual)

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopDogg View Post
              hopefully epic sees this and integrates it in some way.

(they will ignore it as usual)
              I really don't expect them to integrate anything near this speed. I just wanted to show that fast weapon switch can be fun and a lot less frustrating. I'd love to even have something in between.

Comment

The best thing about it is probably how useful the impact hammer suddenly becomes. No need to wait for animations to finish, I can just hammerjump and switch right back to a good weapon.

Really, the only problem with interrupting the animations is the increase in dps (sniper+shock switch). I feel like the Hammer should be an exception and you should always be able to interrupt it's animation.
                Check out my work!
                | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                | Localization

Comment

It's also fun to be able to rocket people into the air and then snipe or link them.

Comment

Originally posted by fb.pb View Post
                    It's also fun to be able to rocket people into the air and then snipe or link them.
                    It also adds dynamic and skill. To know what weapon combinations are most effective for situations and chaining them successfully to get a kill. Or on the defensive end, knowing what combinations are coming and how to effectively evade them. Also, just from an entertainment perspective, it is much more enticing to watch players use multiple weapons and combos in engagements and see all the weapon play than watching them be stuck to one or two guns during a fight. It's a win all around, and it only makes sense for Epic to get pretty close to the values you have currently.

Comment

I've been saying the same since I started playing. At first I accepted the argument that slower weapon switch promotes a higher skill ceiling because you need to be constantly thinking about what weapon you have out. After playing for well over a year now, I've become more conscious about what weapon I have out at all times, but that hasn't made the game any more fun to play. It's become very tedious, actually, and every time I use the sniper rifle it makes me wish Epic would take into consideration the community consensus that weapon switching should be faster. FASTER than it is now, not instant 2k3 style fast, but somewhere closer to 2k4.

Unfortunately when I presented the poll to [MENTION=20038]RZE[/MENTION] in another thread he dismissed the significance of that poll altogether.
                      NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
                      My movies on YouTube:
                      UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
                      , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
                      UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Faster weapon switch definitely would add a bit more fun to the game. I feel its worth a try since I can't imagine it would be too difficult for epic to edit the weapon speeds.

Comment

I like it. Added to Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub. Specifically added to Jedi, and Elimination+ modes.

Is it possible to make custom crosshair colors work in the next iteration? They don't work right now.

Comment

Originally posted by the_ROCK View Post
                            I like it. Added to Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub. Specifically added to Jedi, and Elimination+ modes.

Is it possible to make custom crosshair colors work in the next iteration? They don't work right now.
                            sweeet let's test it out soon.

Comment

Played with it last nite. Worked great. thanks fb.pb , thanks Rock!! -trumpee

Comment

Working...
                              X