X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by InVader View Post
    WEW LAD, what are trying to do?!
    World Domination. I thought it was obvious....

Seriously though, I'd like to try out instant weapon switch / as close to instant as possible with UT4 weapon set.

I think it'd be a lot of fun

Nothing annoys me more than needing the next weapon and having to WAIT for it to switch.

I can feel myself dying a little while waiting for next weapon to come up. Usually on screen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
    But you could get down to 0.07ish otherwise there would be some issues....

Instant would be great if there was some way to fix the limitation.
    WEW LAD, what are trying to do?!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work [MENTION=7094]fb.pb[/MENTION] it is GOOD! I've asked for it to be put up on UTAUNZ server.

Thanks for mentioning it on discord [MENTION=9373]InVader[/MENTION]

I was just about to port [MENTION=891]MonsOlympus[/MENTION] version (with his guidance) to current when I saw [MENTION=9373]InVader[/MENTION] message.

Could we have an even fast version?

IIRC (but it has been a while....) [MENTION=891]MonsOlympus[/MENTION] mentioned that it could not be instant, due to how weapon switch is implemented.

But you could get down to 0.07ish otherwise there would be some issues....

Instant would be great if there was some way to fix the limitation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how is this not official yet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
    Here's where I think a good weapon switch speed would be:

2k4 speed......................................................................................................................................UT4 speed

------------------------------^
    Pretty much. That way you could keep the animation interruption without increasing dps.

btw. If in the future we eventually change the fire rate on the guns, the switch speed will have to be adjusted as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's where I think a good weapon switch speed would be:

2k4 speed......................................................................................................................................UT4 speed

------------------------------^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree ut2004 is a good target.

No doubt this mutator will be installed on all comp hubs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Considering I have used hidden weapons for the longest time...I don't even know nor really care about the animations themselves as much as I simply do the switch speed -> shooting aspect. I don't like how it currently is so noticeably different between each and every weapon in stock. I don't like how stock is currently so slow to simply switch the weapon\shoot the next weapon. So something consistent and quick like this...something similar to what 2K4 achieved, is really the sweet spot in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fb.pb View Post
    I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that because it would mean different switch speeds for the guns. I'll try that out too though.
    That is exactly the idea. Otherwise you increase dps by switching weapons all the time. It needs to work in a way that by the time my previous weapon would be ready to fire again, I just finish pulling out my other gun and am ready to fire with that one.

No need to do individual switch time for each weapon though. No need to overcomplicate things. It will be easier for players as well to get a feel for the switch time, if it's consistent.

To simplify things further, instead of half-time, you could also have a constant 0.3-0.5s before being allowed to switch. I am not sure how this would work out with fast firing weapons like link gun or stinger-minigun.

If you don't feel like it is good enough, you can always just keep the interrupt the way it is now, but then you have to adequately adjust weapon switch time to keep dps consistent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that because it would mean different switch speeds for the guns. I'll try that out too though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Quickly started up and tried it.

Imho it's not the the actual switch speed that needs to be slowed down, it's the animation interruption that should be tweaked. Instead of allowing the entire animation to be interrupted UT2k3 style, let it be interrupted only after at least half of the animation already played or something like that. Mainly to avoid cheesy combos like sniper+shock. I feel like the switch speed itself should be somewhere between this and the fast one.

That being said, with the latest update to the Epic Games Launcher I think I'm fed up trying to play this game. For whatever reason, the launcher makes my brand new Skyalek CPU tank to 100% and suddenly nothing works. The game freezes for 5 seconds, every 5 seconds... This is unacceptable.

I'm done. I'll keep working on my stinger-minigun model. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by InVader; 06-13-2016, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=10000]RøOk!e[/MENTION] [MENTION=8215]KmKz[/MENTION] [MENTION=35307]NoBrainsNoAims^[/MENTION] [MENTION=280186]z170bilder[/MENTION] [MENTION=189925]the_ROCK[/MENTION] [MENTION=9373]InVader[/MENTION] [MENTION=7954]SnoopDogg[/MENTION]

I've updated this post with what I feel is close to what I'd personally like to see in the actual game. You can no longer exploit the weapons firing by switching between guns. Combinations should still be possible, though are somewhat less impactful. Let me know what you think.

I'll work this week on getting custom cross-hairs working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RøOk!e View Post
    Played Elimination with it, my first thoughts are the speed is a bit excessive. I think the current live Epic weapon switch speed is a bit too slow and this mod feels too instantly fast. You can immediately swap and shoot insanely fast, there's basically no punishment for missing especially in mid to close range as you can spam away with any gun. It also makes other peoples movement mistakes less punishable because they can swap to a different weapon immediately and spam you / defend themselves more easily. These are just my first thoughts, I'll see how I feel as I play more with it.

Personally I think a middle ground between this mod and Epic's live swap speed would be ideal.
    I'm pretty sure it's noted that the mod is too fast, and it was done so with a purpose; just to test the extremity at first. Yeah, more of a middle ground is ideal, I agree with that. Maybe lean towards something just a little faster than the middle ground, but that's also my bias speaking as I prefer a fast weapon switch speed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Played Elimination with it, my first thoughts are the speed is a bit excessive. I think the current live Epic weapon switch speed is a bit too slow and this mod feels too instantly fast. You can immediately swap and shoot insanely fast, there's basically no punishment for missing especially in mid to close range as you can spam away with any gun. It also makes other peoples movement mistakes less punishable because they can swap to a different weapon immediately and spam you / defend themselves more easily. These are just my first thoughts, I'll see how I feel as I play more with it.

Personally I think a middle ground between this mod and Epic's live swap speed would be ideal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Played briefly with the Rock yesterday, with the short time I had with it, it was great. I'm pretty sure I wasn't even using it to its full potential, as the stock timing is still ingrained in my head.

Will need to play more with it, but just being able to more quickly switch away from sniper was a huge improvement. Haven't tried it with CTF but I'm sure it makes using the xloc 100x better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X