Let's just go back to UT3 weapon settings with most guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should go all the way back to UT1999
    What is "all". Can you explain, I do not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Andriushka View Post
      What is "all". Can you explain, I do not understand.
      "all the way" means "completely"
      - got sig? -

Comment

"completely"
        And why it will be completely well? If we consider how much the developers have made changes and added new game elements in all UT games. Why not make the right UT3? Do not talk bad about UT3, but make right UT3 if it possible. With much changed parameters, graphics, with full duel gametype force. But make the next UT after UT3. Not remake, not project, not incarnation, make new UT game as far as it's possible. Because it is unclear what the full version will be different from pre alpfa in this state.

What's the point make a game for e-sport? UT is not CS or Quake. Any UT element does not fit well in the "trully e-sport". Weapons, vehicles, super weapons, movements etc. E-sport it's more a show than a game (because it largely restricts). But the developers also make the unreal tournament game, where it is assumed a lot of unusual and special elements, where for example the war on both sides can not be "e-sport" or "show", but it can be a very complex "pro" element. Maybe Starcraft 2 might be more "show" and more "e-sport" and less like a game if developers wanted. They even divided a game on "single" and "e-sport", but this is almost impossible to do for UT. And it does not matter that this is "strategy", and this is "shooter". Vote for an semi-online game where every element (gametype) can be called "e-sport for this gametype" and have little in common with each other, but belong to the same world.
        Last edited by Andriushka; 07-01-2016, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andriushka View Post
          And why it will be completely well? If we consider how much the developers have made changes and added new game elements in all UT games.
          I don't know, you probably should ask FaxCor. I just tried to explain what he said (but not what he meant).

Personally, I believe he was rather trolling by saying something like "don't need any new weapons/mechanics. let's go back to UT99, it was the best!"
          - got sig? -

Comment

I'd rather not just revert everything back to a previous iteration of the game. We have an opportunity to make things more balanced, more interesting and more entertaining; lets not waste it. If you like how the weapons are balanced in UT3, you can still play UT3.

Comment

I personally enjoyed the UT2k4 weapon fire rates, damage levels, and overall feel. UT3 weapons felt "heavy" or "slow", almost like they were gummed up with molasses -- it sapped quite a bit of the fast-paced fun out of the game IMHO.

Comment

Working...
              X