Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translocator feels horrible to me

Hello all,

I am one of the UT '99 diehards that couldn't stand the changes to the translocator in any other version of the game. I was REALLY excited to see this game and get to play it etc. and then I tried to use the translocator and was instantly turned off. I just cant stand the new style, it feels SO SLOW and CLUNKY and the recharge/cooldown aspect feels horrible to me. One of the best things was out playing someone with a translocator and making some crazy moves with it/outsmarting the opponent. Unless the translocator is changed to how it was in UT '99 I will definitely not be playing anymore. I played for about 2 minutes and just couldn't bring myself to play anymore with how it is currently. I am sure the rest of the game is awesome and the videos I have watched look like it is, just I cannot bring myself to play it. It also feels somewhat slow in general to me (not sure if it actually is, just doesn't feel right). Good luck with the game and I hope it turns out to be amazing, I just wont be a part of it if the translocator doesn't work like it used to in UT '99.

Originally posted by Counter_Culture View Post
    Hello all,

I am one of the UT '99 diehards that couldn't stand the changes to the translocator in any other version of the game. I was REALLY excited to see this game and get to play it etc. and then I tried to use the translocator and was instantly turned off. I just cant stand the new style, it feels SO SLOW and CLUNKY and the recharge/cooldown aspect feels horrible to me. One of the best things was out playing someone with a translocator and making some crazy moves with it/outsmarting the opponent. Unless the translocator is changed to how it was in UT '99 I will definitely not be playing anymore. I played for about 2 minutes and just couldn't bring myself to play anymore with how it is currently. I am sure the rest of the game is awesome and the videos I have watched look like it is, just I cannot bring myself to play it. It also feels somewhat slow in general to me (not sure if it actually is, just doesn't feel right). Good luck with the game and I hope it turns out to be amazing, I just wont be a part of it if the translocator doesn't work like it used to in UT '99.
    I feel the same way, man, absolutely agreed. A crippled translocator is not fun to use.
    UT99 Forever - Sniper Arena CTF - Proud member of the Hungarian Sniper Clan between 2006 and 2009.

Comment

I don't "feel" that there is anything wrong with it. It is still useful while it isn't OP in any way.

Comment

I dont play UT99, but from video it looks pretty smooth.

Comment

Gotta praise adaptive open minds when you see them.
          Congratulations to having attempted to play for the full 2 minutes! One has to applaud community effort when one sees it.

Your well-grounded opinion will help the development of UT99, wops I mean this brand new 2016 ground up game, by so much.

Comment

i'm a ut99 telemonkey from way back
            i enjoy the ut4 translocator, feels great to me.
            i find it even more powerful, as you can impart momentum whilst in midair

if anything, i think many people think it is too powerful, but i like it the way it is

Comment

I think it's fine, feels great to me as well.

Its overpowered-ness is also a bit countered by the fact that the disk is very fragile, often getting disrupted around rocket spam.
              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

A really cool UT99 feature was the ability to shoot a translocator disk miles with a separate weapon, usually shock or impact hammer. Although the new disks are fragile, you can still shoot your own disk without breaking it. Unfortunately, it doesn't go as far as just launching it normally in this game. Imo, it made maps like Face far more playable
                spam.doog

Comment

Originally posted by Cozzzy View Post
                  A really cool UT99 feature was the ability to shoot a translocator disk miles with a separate weapon, usually shock or impact hammer. Although the new disks are fragile, you can still shoot your own disk without breaking it. Unfortunately, it doesn't go as far as just launching it normally in this game. Imo, it made maps like Face far more playable
                  Yea and that is totally a game breaking feature like boosting people across the map.

Current trans feels good to me. If it feels slow to you try dodging forwards mid-teleport while in air to get an extra forward boost.

Also combos are the best method to shoot locators out the air pretty easily.

Comment

Have a look here if you're looking for some moded tweaks to the game.
                    LoPing
                    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

all i can sya is git gud, this is the best xloc we have had

i changed my mind about this tho i was 2k4 school therefore loved the camera option as well as long smooth throw but this xloc fits this ut better, if not for xloc atm it would be next to impossible to play against rocketluncher defenses

Comment

I haven't played UT99 for a long time (to compare with the current one), but I think this version is fine. You can't heavily spam it, but you can still quickly change direction, etc.

There is something wrong with it, though. I still find it surprisingly difficult to do things like translocating up to the health in the middle on CTF-Blank / ledges in general when you're close to them. It's like you can't do a very quick translocation and that the arc tails off too quickly if you leave it longer... so I end up doing it too short or too long.

In the end, I find precise translocations just don't quite go where I'm expecting them to go - but maybe that's just me?
                        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

smurglie mate u got to adjust with the low throwing trajectory of it due to infinite ammo it has drawbacks, throws really have low max height but it is not necessarily a bad thing

Comment

Don't worry, you can change any numbers of the Translocator for your modified server. I also don't like this translocator.

In Bombing Run, you can still win a game with 60 deaths but a lot of Ball playing and teleportation. Not possible with this kind of TL.
                            Even the best players are beatable with good killing and their telefragging is quite skill- but always luck- and ping-based. Killing is more sustainable.

As soon as BR is out, i will change it.
                            Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
                              smurglie mate u got to adjust with the low throwing trajectory of it due to infinite ammo it has drawbacks, throws really have low max height but it is not necessarily a bad thing
                              I'll have to give it a dedicated try just to see how I should be tweaking my aim. I've always just used it like the old one - and it's probably cost me a fair few caps where I missed the translocation to catch the carrier! :P
                              Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Working...
                              X