Weapons firing Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons firing Speed

Hello Unreal Players and gm's. I've been a long time player of the Unreal series, some great others not so great. This, "reboot" you could say, is looking very promising. I have only played around 4 hours of it online/offline which is F%&& ALL, but that aside what I have found is some of the guns have too slower firing speed in comparison too older unreal games. One weapon that really sticks out is the flak cannon, fires like it's in slow mo. Other is the Sniper Rifle, only needs a tad of a speed up in reloading as it feels too slow at the moment. Be careful though, too fast of a reload and the sniper becomes op TBH all in all nearly all the guns want to fire slightly quicker or reload faster, just feels like in UT99 the guns fired/reloaded ALOT faster, the rocket launcher is one that really comes to mind too. Anyway that's just what was on my mind after a few hours play. Plan on sticking around and seeing what this turns out to be like.
    Please let me know what you guys all think of this too, who knows I could be the only one.

And best of luck to everyone involved in the development process!!

Cheers, stay deadly.

dude what (10 chars)

Comment

Yeah, Flak and Rockets feel pretty clunky with the really slow fire rates. Epic just doesn't care though, they buff Flak shard velocity instead of RoF :/

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
        Yeah, Flak and Rockets feel pretty clunky with the really slow fire rates. Epic just doesn't care though, they buff Flak shard velocity instead of RoF :/
        I want to start getting into creating custom mutators, but I'm not sure where to start. I would like to create a flak cannon like this:

-shards move quickly, but are dodgable at medium ranges
        -close range hitting all shards is 100 damage
        -fire rate is .75 seconds
        -medium range does minor chip damage

a reload time of one second feels slow and weird. I also don't like having to lead my targets when they're close to me. However, the flak cannon does an absurd amount of damage up close, making armor kind of redundant imo.

I'd say 100 damage max possible with a harsh falloff would suit a fast reload speed and fast shards. At medium ranges, players could dodge out of the way of shards, forcing the flak user to have good prediction if he wants to chip damage. Not decent damage, just chip. the 100 damage at point blank range would make armor more useful as well

Comment

It's especially noticeable when trying to throw consecutive grenades due to the slower fire rate combined with the (unintentional?) delay that firing secondary rockets has. I'd be in favour of faster less volatile guns in general but as you say it needs to not be op.
          :|

Comment

Originally posted by Bucket Meister View Post
            I want to start getting into creating custom mutators, but I'm not sure where to start. I would like to create a flak cannon like this:

-shards move quickly, but are dodgable at medium ranges
            -close range hitting all shards is 100 damage
            -fire rate is .75 seconds
            -medium range does minor chip damage

a reload time of one second feels slow and weird. I also don't like having to lead my targets when they're close to me. However, the flak cannon does an absurd amount of damage up close, making armor kind of redundant imo.

I'd say 100 damage max possible with a harsh falloff would suit a fast reload speed and fast shards. At medium ranges, players could dodge out of the way of shards, forcing the flak user to have good prediction if he wants to chip damage. Not decent damage, just chip. the 100 damage at point blank range would make armor more useful as well
            You just have to download the editor and tweak the Blueprint BP_Flak_Cannon, Flak_Shard_Main, and... Flak_Shard? I think everything you want to change should be possible to tweak through modifying properties of those Blueprint files.

I actually had a Flak pretty much exactly like you described but with 105 max damage, though I scrapped the idea of making my own weapon set since I didn't like it overall.
            Last edited by Infiadux; 07-18-2016, 12:37 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with the slow-firing but high-damaging state the rocket launcher/flak cannon are at right now personally. They feel really powerful and fun to use, and if you're after faster firing rates there are other weapons to choose.

Comment

Working...
              X