Translocator Camera!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translocator Camera!

I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but what I really loved about the UT2004 translocator (in addition to the fact that it could cover huge distances) was the camera.
    You could use it to gather information about what's going on in the enemy base, and, most importantly, you'd teleport to the same view the camera had.

Who's with me?
    Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
    "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
    Facebook | LinkedIn

Yeah bring back the UT99 xloc with a camera.

Comment

I agree with you!
      UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
      Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

But, let the camera be disable-able, for those of us who accidentally hit the (not easily re-bound)camera button and get angry

Comment

Originally posted by CT007 View Post
          But, let the camera be disable-able, for those of us who accidentally hit the (not easily re-bound)camera button and get angry
          The camera button is the translocator weapon button, wasn't it? I always bound the middle-mouse button to switch to xloc.

That way it was MMB (switch to xloc)-->LMB (fire xloc)-->MMB (see where it is going and point the camera at where I want to spawn)-->RMB (teleport).
          Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
          "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
          Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

I think it was removed because it did not add anything to the gameplay. It fun a fun feature and I really like it back in the days but I never missed it with UT3 (even tho the mutator for a Translocator camera exists).
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Actually, it was quite useful if you could place your translocator in the enemy base before returning to cap the flag. If you managed to stay alive, you could use the camera to check if everything was clean or your team reinforcement arrived, then you could teleport and grab their flag once again. /repeat

That's the useful part about it.
              "Voting" for yes, I'd like to see that back in (and please, this time, make fire+alt fire switch back to previous weapons, it was much more comfortable than hitting the trans button again ).
              S l y .

Comment

Im not sure , it was fancy addition but nothing useful for me personally . Being out of character even for seconds is death in UT pace .

Comment

maybe could add a damage function instead of a camera, like detonate or a trap
                  or a suport fuction like an hologram to fake that yourself telerported and avoid being killed before the real teleport

Comment

I miss the camera quite a bit. In fact, my preferred way of moving with the translocator in UT2004 is to shoot the module, let it fly half the arc, turn on the camera (while still moving forward!) and then teleport if the module did not veer off course, recall otherwise.
                    Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                    My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Achieving a tertiary mode for the translocator [indeed all weapons], is something i like the sound of.
                      • the camera would have been great for clan matches in VCTF/ WAR

Bring it back IMO.

- How about a Team Cam feature; restrict TransCam to Team games and allow team mates to switch cams?
                      ^^ not something i like the idea of, but others might find a way to make this work.
                      Download_AllMyStuff | videos_ofmystuff

Comment

No, because if someone breakes your translocator you will notice and won't use it.

I loved breaking translocators in UT:GOTY.
                        [SPA][.Trûñeros Fardones - Masilla Squad.] - To flak or not flak, that is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by necko View Post
                          Im not sure , it was fancy addition but nothing useful for me personally . Being out of character even for seconds is death in UT pace .
                          Said nobody who fired a redeemer missile, ever.

This was fun and potentially even useful as others have pointed out. I vote yea.
                          Dueling Flak Cannons
                          We see the shells falling
                          Together, we die

Comment

Originally posted by Atropos91 View Post
                            No, because if someone breakes your translocator you will notice and won't use it.

I loved breaking translocators in UT:GOTY.
                            But nobody ever leaves their translocator modules lying around, when it's so easy to recall them. Unless you have a reason to do so, for example, if the module has a built-in camera
                            Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                            My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                              But nobody ever leaves their translocator modules lying around, when it's so easy to recall them. Unless you have a reason to do so, for example, if the module has a built-in camera
                              Is very usual in CTF games let your translocator module near of the enemy base to be able to teleport there quick from your base after you cap a flag.

Maybe if you make that with a broken telepad the camera still works and you aren't able to see if it's broken...
                              [SPA][.Trûñeros Fardones - Masilla Squad.] - To flak or not flak, that is the question.

Comment

Working...
                              X