No announcement yet.

Removing Grenades from Rocket Launcher - Bio-Launcher as only grenade launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personally not sad to see the grenades from the RL go, didn't use them that much anyways. :P

As for Grenade Launcher? I'd like to see the UC2 Incarnation make a return, primary fires timed/impact grenades, alt fires sticky grenades, alt+primary detonates them.

Comment

Why not moving all Rocket launcher fire modes to primary and using secondary to switch between them, along with making grenades actually useful? Too hip?

Comment

I remembered why RL grenades are epic in UT, you shoot rockets at the enemy that stands on a hill (flat most of all) and when he went away hiding ago shoot grenades into him hoping to hit him. Grenades could be faster or have some tweaks of course. With linear RL you need to switch to something else, and this is "standart MP FPS games" like weapon-gameplay. I think that the developers forgot about much things for a long time. Unreal tournament is a unique game, but uniqueness is not due to non-compliance and vice versa parody something, but because, game consist of interrelated things wherein one element is also interconnected with other, and game has nothing generic in graphic or gameplay.

Comment

Maybe slightly offtopic but does anyone even use that auto fire option with RL.
          Like holding LMB to shoot automatically, i see epic talks abou rl being overcomplicated but why even have this fire mode at all.
          I personally never hold click to shoot.

Before you had LMB for rox and RMB for grenades, hold either to charge, simple as that.
          Like whats the advantage of auto fire. I doubt you would even shoot faster holding click than me clicking fast, and even if so it would be 0.001 seconds faster.

Comment

It's not about autofire it's about instafire. The difference between firing a rocket on press, vs on release. It's important to rocket purists.
            Originally posted by Mysterial
            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Quite simply, I would prefer to see a single rocket (primary) and grenades as the secondary than what we have now.
              Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

RL grenades are more like heavy bombs - block the enemy direction of movement, becouse much damage, use bounces, use arc flight direction and this weapon for checking places. It works not like medium-long range fast grenades, it is something else even without tweaks or gain.
                does anyone even use that auto fire option with RL
                Somewhere I have already written about this, I repeat, that this option is very controversial. As I know this option can not be used in shooting properly and uses a whole separate one button for that. Yes, this is a linear fire mod, like shock rifle alt. fire, but the difference is that this is RL and this is shock rifle. For RL is possible to make an exception, becouse shock rifle alt fire small cores are mass and fast and usable with hold fire button unlike RL slow fire modes.

Comment

Another vote for leaving nades in the Rocket Launcher. Played a little this weekend and was
                  A) Bummed to see no nades on the RL. It's not nostalgia, whoever said that. It made it a unique weapon. Period. And I used nades a lot!
                  Now it's just a rocket launcher that shoot 3 rox...
                  B) The 'new' granade launcher is horrible. Believe I tried it. A lot. Did I mention I like grenades? Not only did I kill not one person with normal or sticky nades... you know what else I noticed? Not one other person was using the grenade launcher.

Bring it back or give me an official reason for removing it.

Comment

Bring back nades to Rocket Launcher and tweak it. Bring back BIO RIFLE and also tweak it!!! Or make BIO GL.
                    Just ordinary GL is too plain and boring for UT style.

Comment

The new grenade launcher really has no redeeming qualities. I feel ripped off every time I spawn next to one in DM.

Demoman was always my favorite class in TF2. I understand the joy of lobbed weapons. But this is the wrong combination of slow, high blast radius, short range, and underpowered-on-anything-other-than-a-direct-hit. You are at a vast disadvantage against really any other weapon. Spawning with the enforcer alone is already weakness enough. And on top of that, the biorifle sort of already covers the lobbing niche.

I love the other weapons, though I think the UT99 rocket / grenade launcher made a lot more sense if there's going to be anything grenade-like in the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X