Some weapons that could use a bit of tunning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some weapons that could use a bit of tunning

Hello, this is some feedback I'm leaving in case the devs are interested, I don't expect anyone to read this but after playing for a while the following
    weapons could use some improvement.

-Minigun - This weapon feels a bit too weak, fire mode 1 takes way too long to kill someone and fire 2 suffers from the same problem but it's also slower and easier to dodge

-Shock Rifle - This weapon has really good fire rate and damage but it's really frustrating that it doesn't deal headshot damage, this breaks immersion for me and there should be
    a reward for higher accuracy. The shock combo is a bit slow to be used mid range effectively.

-The Sniper Rifle - This one I feel the Zoom in is too smooth for a fast passed game also the model looks really ugly, kinda like a stick, no offense

-Flak cannon - This one the animation feels a bit off, it's hard to explain but the weapon's recoil and bullet speed feels like it lacks punch. It's hard to pin point the problem
    It just doesn't feel like you're firing a powerful shotgun

The other weapons feel as expect it, great job with balancing.

My two scents

Originally posted by Zeriel00 View Post
    Hello, this is some feedback I'm leaving in case the devs are interested, I don't expect anyone to read this but after playing for a while the following
    weapons could use some improvement.

-Minigun - This weapon feels a bit too weak, fire mode 1 takes way too long to kill someone and fire 2 suffers from the same problem but it's also slower and easier to dodge

-Shock Rifle - This weapon has really good fire rate and damage but it's really frustrating that it doesn't deal headshot damage, this breaks immersion for me and there should be
    a reward for higher accuracy. The shock combo is a bit slow to be used mid range effectively.

-The Sniper Rifle - This one I feel the Zoom in is too smooth for a fast passed game also the model looks really ugly, kinda like a stick, no offense

-Flak cannon - This one the animation feels a bit off, it's hard to explain but the weapon's recoil and bullet speed feels like it lacks punch. It's hard to pin point the problem
    It just doesn't feel like you're firing a powerful shotgun

The other weapons feel as expect it, great job with balancing.

My two scents

I kinda disagree with every point here

Minigun is so accurate you can use it on longer ranges with good damage output (with aim ofc).
    The alt fire of minigun is almost undodgeable fire in general direction of your enemies you will almost never miss

Shock rifle is sooooo spammy in it's current state giving it a headshot function would make it even more broken plus it has insane knockback stopping enemies midair pushing em off ledges... ect

Flak can take most of a full stack in a single hit I don't know what you're saying

Regards
    D.

Comment

I think the minigun and link have both been balanced for everyone having 100 health, but the rockets and flak are still over-powered for the 100 health + 25 armor that we see now.

It means that the minigun and link both feel pretty weak at the moment. I've tried attacking a base with link instead of rockets/flak and there is no chance!
      Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post
        I think the minigun and link have both been balanced for everyone having 100 health, but the rockets and flak are still over-powered for the 100 health + 25 armor that we see now.

It means that the minigun and link both feel pretty weak at the moment. I've tried attacking a base with link instead of rockets/flak and there is no chance!

you surely mean those weapons are no alternative vs full stack right? because 100 / 25 is not alot
        the weapons are fine just there is shock/flak/rocket outperforming everything else in this game

Comment

Originally posted by Dexxlord View Post
          you surely mean those weapons are no alternative vs full stack right? because 100 / 25 is not alot
          the weapons are fine just there is shock/flak/rocket outperforming everything else in this game
          100 / 25 is not a lot, but that extra 25 is another 25% time to kill with the mini/link and OP rockets and flak can kill a 100 / 25 player in one shot. That 25 armor is enough time for another shot from a rocket or flak - so they can often get in 3 - 5 shots.
          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by Dexxlord View Post
            I kinda disagree with every point here

Minigun is so accurate you can use it on longer ranges with good damage output (with aim ofc).
            The alt fire of minigun is almost undodgeable fire in general direction of your enemies you will almost never miss

Shock rifle is sooooo spammy in it's current state giving it a headshot function would make it even more broken plus it has insane knockback stopping enemies midair pushing em off ledges... ect

Flak can take most of a full stack in a single hit I don't know what you're saying

Regards
            D.

Minigun's alt fire is not accurate at all unless your enemy is standing still, and the main fire is such a pea shooter I could stand there until the cows come home and then one shot you with a rocket
            How is that ok?

The Shock Rifle is Spammy but there's no reason a head shot shouldn't do more damage, you could lower the base damage to 35 and raise head shot to 55 and do what I said while at the same time
            nerfing the rifle so I don't understand your point

I never said the Flak needed more damage, I just said the animation felt a bit off/floaty

Maybe you could take some time to read my post before you disagree with everything

Comment

Originally posted by Zeriel00 View Post
              Minigun's alt fire is not accurate at all unless your enemy is standing still, and the main fire is such a pea shooter I could stand there until the cows come home and then one shot you with a rocket
              How is that ok?

The Shock Rifle is Spammy but there's no reason a head shot shouldn't do more damage, you could lower the base damage to 35 and raise head shot to 55 and do what I said while at the same time
              nerfing the rifle so I don't understand your point

I never said the Flak needed more damage, I just said the animation felt a bit off/floaty

Maybe you could take some time to read my post before you disagree with everything
              I wonder if you even played this game beforehand
              If you say Minigun alt is not accurate and Prim does no damage
              well..
              got bad news for you

Comment

Mini primary is a crossmap deathlazer.
                :|

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post

The minigun and link gun are powerful at close and medium range, but not as good as rocket/flak. The rocket launcher and flak gun are slightly overpowered, but not that much, due to the facts that the rocket launcher is easy to dodge and the flak gun's primary fire obviously can't reach far and the secondary fire is inaccurate. (might be me) They still are the best weapons when used properly, which makes them kind of overpowered.

So in my opinion, they should nerf the rocket and flak by a slight amount, however I can't really think of how, because reducing the damage they deal might make them underpowered. Do you know how they could make the rocket and flak less overpowered without making them too weak?

Comment

One thing i wanted to add to this, with the shock rifle. i found one of the most exciting things in the UT99 version, with the shock rifle, that gave the game some really sick tactics, was being able to use shock balls, to potentially zone players, and today i tried out the UT alpha, and while im so overwhelming excited about this finished release, i felt that the shock ball shooting time could do with a slight buff, even if you make the balls do less damage, idk, but i think back to the 99 days, and remember seeing players that had different skill bases depending on weapons, noticing players based off their style or proficiency, eg, shock whores (masters) on deck 16 battle it out, or really good hit scanners with minigun / pulse rifle that were unstoppable, not because these weapons were OP, but the skill base to utilise them was so tight at top end, that it inspired people to map train and skrim not just casually enter tournaments unprepared, etc, and the tactics involved with that level of play, would be great to see it return to that competitiveness through solid thought out weapon design. my 2c.

Comment

One thing i wanted to add to this, with the shock rifle. i found one of the most exciting things in the UT99 version, with the shock rifle, that gave the game some really sick tactics, was being able to use shock balls, to potentially zone players, and today i tried out the UT alpha, and while im so overwhelming excited about this finished release, i felt that the shock ball shooting time could do with a slight buff, even if you make the balls do less damage, idk, but i think back to the 99 days, and remember seeing players that had different skill bases depending on weapons, noticing players based off their style or proficiency, eg, shock whores (masters) on deck 16 battle it out, or really good hit scanners with minigun / pulse rifle that were unstoppable, not because these weapons were OP, but the skill base to utilise them was so tight at top end, that it inspired people to map train and skrim not just casually enter tournaments unprepared, etc, and the tactics involved with that level of play, would be great to see it return to that competitiveness through solid thought out weapon design. my 2c.

Comment

Working...
                      X