MIRV Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Making this gun kinda an analog of Redeemer isn't bad idea at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Leviathan and UT3's Titans/Behemoths have auto-homing rockets. (Well, actually they have instant lock-on, but the effect is similar.) They are a major PITA for players on foot, even though there's a chance to dodge those rockets. It's the constant stream of rockets that makes this really tiring to play against.
    Then again, if multiple rockets were fired at once in various directions, there's hardly a way to dodge them all. However, the usefulness of this kind of weapon is very limited, because the homing rockets are still affecting only a small area.
    I assume this will be part of a vehicle - there are faster vehicles like the Manta or Raptor that will have a good chance to out-maneuver most or all of the rockets. But if you really want to make this a super weapon for players on foot, I'd go with vkaku's suggestions. In UT1, the Rocket Launcher could load up to six rockets. Those would fire in a relatively confined pattern, though. I could see a potential use for stretching that pattern when locked onto a target.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Taleweaver View Post
    Yeah, that really would be fun. For two minutes. Or roughly the time that someone else found this rocket launcher and used it against you. Ever played the original Rise of the triads? (note: perhaps it's in the remake as well)
    The drunken launcher was like that. Destroyed pretty much everything in front of you. It wasn't homing, but since those missiles went everywhere there was literally no reason not to spam the heck out of everything.

I really wouldn't have liked it when anyone else in that game would have used that same weapon against me.
    I thought that was the point of a big gun. There are a couple of alternatives I can think of:

1. Either, get enough rockets and perform a MIRV attack with the RL (and lose all your rockets at once, making you vulnerable). I'd think one could also use MIRVs against MIRVs, like defense missiles.
    2. Or the MIRV is a one-time fire and will take time to spawn.

In either case, it will be like the redeemer, and whoever gets it will become the hate target for the next few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, that really would be fun. For two minutes. Or roughly the time that someone else found this rocket launcher and used it against you. Ever played the original Rise of the triads? (note: perhaps it's in the remake as well)
    The drunken launcher was like that. Destroyed pretty much everything in front of you. It wasn't homing, but since those missiles went everywhere there was literally no reason not to spam the heck out of everything.

I really wouldn't have liked it when anyone else in that game would have used that same weapon against me.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic MIRV Gun

MIRV Gun

My earlier post was lost as a thread was archived, so I'm just trying to resurrect the idea. Also, this video was suggested as a concept by U77r0lolOlol0rd.

Rockets are usually straight firing in nature. But it we combine multiple rockets and made them homing, it would become an awesome MIRV!

See for yourself:
    Last edited by vkaku; 06-06-2014, 02:39 AM.
Working...
X