Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Challenge #1 - Make Something Go Boom!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because something should go boom...

Spoiler

---------------

How to actually submit code or a prototype if one has only an expired subscription?
    (i am not planning to create a weapon at the moment as I still work on stuff for UT3)
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
      Peterk, let me point out that with Blueprints, you can take an existing weapon and start tweaking it and making changes with no programming experience.
      Thank you, that sounds good. Can we expect some tutorial videos aswell? Or are there some already?

Comment

Yes, we would like to create some tutorials at some point. Matt already posted a pretty good write up of the steps needed to make a weapon in native C++ and I've asked Nick to give a quick overview on how to make one in Blueprint. No idea when he will get the time though. In the meanwhile, open up one of them and start messing around. You can't really break it.

Comment

Gooba and I came up with a pretty good looking shock rifle if someone wants to use it we'd both be pretty stoked about it! Still working on the high poly ATM let me know what you think!
          https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...k-Rifle-Sketch
          Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
          Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Nice, scrawny. I started working on the C++ shock rifle last night. I didn't make a ton of progress yet

That being said, I realized something while I was working on the shock rifle code... for many weapons we don't really have placeholder meshes, like the Lightning Gun. Is there any way we could get source assets for weapons from previous UT games if we want to mock them up in the new game?
            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
              Gooba and I came up with a pretty good looking shock rifle if someone wants to use it we'd both be pretty stoked about it! Still working on the high poly ATM let me know what you think!
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...k-Rifle-Sketch
              Gooba for visual design director for the weapons!

Comment

Is this editing the existing and future weapons' functions or editing the weapon's visuals?
                Steam
                irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                UT Username - nvz
                gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

Originally posted by nvz View Post
                  Is this editing the existing and future weapons' functions or editing the weapon's visuals?
                  Both. We recommend using existing functionality as a base, but if you have a cool idea or if you think there's a gameplay or balance flaw you can correct, feel free to try your ideas and post what you've done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                    Is there any way we could get source assets for weapons from previous UT games if we want to mock them up in the new game?
                    There is a way to get an exported weapon model different to what they say in the stream but I guess it shouldn't be mentioned here (as I know Epic Games is aware of it ) how to properly import that model.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4GrenadeLauncher.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	329265
                    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                      There is a way to get an exported weapon model different to what they say in the stream but I guess it shouldn't be mentioned here (as I know Epic Games is aware of it ) how to properly import that model.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]5024[/ATTACH]
                      PM? Really I'm just looking for a Lightning Gun asset right now.
                      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                        What about we create instead some sort of Weapon Editor inside UE4 for UT that everyone could use to come up with quick prototype? Coders could add new mechanics, etc. And others could add new weapon models, anims, sounds VFX, etc.
                        Such a weapon editor already exists as blueprints. What you're asking for is to make a very limited set of parameters that don't allow the same degree of freedom as blueprints, but that's not a great idea since then the options you provide inherently restrict people's ability to implement new ideas.

Comment

i have mentioned before if you google gildor umodel you'll find the best tool going for UE content extraction, if you search his forum you'll also find a gui for it, yes i use this a lot, he also did a version of actors for the newer max versions after Epic stopped supporting it, also an actorx importer for max which imports psk/psa files.
                          but if you have blender that already has psk/psa importer

not sure on the legal side of umodel but it really helped me porting my mod from ut2004 -> ut3/udk -> UE4 as i didn't always have the original assets
                          UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                          ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Thanks you and rattlesnake I will check that out.

Comment

Since the base exists for the Shock Rifle, those of you who have access have no excuse not to make the Super Shock Rifle and Instagib Deathmatch.
                              Hint hint.

Comment

I am working on the Shock Rifle right now but I'm really slow because I am so rusty with C++ and just learning the right way to do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X