Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take control of Redeemer in flight after killing the pilot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take control of Redeemer in flight after killing the pilot?

Based on Steve Polges note on Trello"
    "Fully functional with guided missile. Always visible and always dropped on death if has ammo."

I started thinking. In UT3 if you kill the deemer pilot, the redeemer explodes immediately. Why not change it to fly in a straight line instead? Since the original pilot was killed, unless there is a "dead man switch" (in the true sense of the word), the deemer should continue on its course in a straight line.

Here is where the real twist comes in: if someone picks up the controller for the deemer before it collides with something and explodes, the new guy takes over as pilot.

Since the dead pilot knows where the controller is, the new pilot will need cover or he will need to quickly fly the deemer to his destination.
    Last edited by xeanderthal; 08-15-2014, 01:26 AM.

Sounds like a bad idea to me...
    Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
    Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
    Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
    --Captain Crit

Comment

How is that a bad idea? It only makes sense. I hate shooting a rocket from my missile launcher in BF4 only to have it disappear mid-trajectory because I was shot to death while aiming it, and since the rocket is being controlled via the weapon if a guy picks it up while it's still airborne he can alter the direction. Care to explain WHY this idea is bad??
      Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crit View Post
        Ok. Why?
        +char

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crit View Post
          Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
          Ok. Why?
          +char

I think this could be cool and work. I mean they've earned their kill and weapon right? I think the redeemer would have to drop on the players death, you run over and pick it up and it gives you control, might be a challenge to pull off though depending on where they aimed it and how much time before impact, but not impossible to gain control and redirect it.
          Last edited by Esula; 08-16-2014, 12:00 PM.
          [Concept] Impact Hammer: Alternative Fire
          [Concept] Game Mode: Infiltration

Comment

This is a great idea.

Comment

Xean finally came up with something clever

Comment

This sounds like a great idea! Makes sense.

... Aim missile at yourself from a distance, player kills you and takes control.. "ok, where am I.. wait, is that? .. oh fuuuu.."
                Last edited by sneh; 08-16-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X