The Second Minigun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Second Minigun

Now that update 0.1.10 made it to Unreal Tournament earlier this week, let's start talking a bit more about the new minigun. First, if you go into the weapon selection menu where the Stinger is, you'll notice the second minigun there. Right now, it's shown as a placeholder Stinger, and now I am assuming it will be an actual non-Stinger minigun.

For the functions of the second minigun:

Primary Fire: Shoots a stream of bullets fairly quickly.

Secondary fire: Ditto, but even quicker and less accurate.

Why not going for a more original fire mode ? I do like the fact they probably want to go to a more traditional minigun, but I would like something original about the bullet usage.
    I think possibilities are open to be honest...

Comment

Asking for basically "how the minigun has been in three quarters of unreal games" isn't really moving things forward. They moved away from that at one point for a reason, and I don't see that reason having changed.

There really aren't too many ways to make such a weapon interesting. I do advocate the "unreal" version of any such weapon being tyridium driven. I also think it should be projectile on all fronts. Slow+accurate/fast+inaccurate is fine, but make it look cool, and require skill.
      Originally posted by Mysterial
      An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Working...
      X