My thoughts about the Sniper Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts about the Sniper Rifle

The sniper rifle looks and, more importantly, sounds very weak compared to some of the other highly detailed models; i.e the Shock Rifle, Flak Cannon, and Rocket Launcher. Personally, I am a more of a hitscan player, which means that I tend to use the Sniper type weapons a lot more than the others. The way the current sniper rifle looks, is one of the major reasons I chose to play with Hidden weapons. It's just ... disappointing. :/ It isn't cool at all. Why must it fit the stereotype design of a "sniper rifle"? I am no 3D artist, but I think with UT being far in the future, a generic looking sniper rifle kinda defeats the point. The ASMD looks great, but the sniper looks out of place. Why not make it more like a rail gun (QUAKE), the Gauss Rifle (STALKER), The Rorsche (RAIL Sniper from Battlefield 4)? Something that makes you want to shoot at empty space just because it looks so **** awesome. IMO, that is what the current sniper rifle lacks. It just feels.... meh
    Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | i5-4670K + NOCTUA NH-U12S Cooler| 16GB DDR3 GSkill ARES | ASUS Xonar D2 | Corsair GS800 | Gigabyte nVidia GTX670 OC | 1T Hybrid HDD | Logitech Z-5500/Corsair Vengeance 1500 | Samsung 27" LCD | Logitech G500

i think the sniper looks absolutely gorgeous! the minimalistic approach to it is spot on, imo ofc, just preference i would say... not a lot to look at but very slick and futuristic at the same time! the sound of it also very satisfying to me, what they could change again, maybe, is bumping up the dmg to 70?^^

Comment

I think the design is fine but it was not my first choice. The design has been greatly improved to my liking though. The sound needs more punch and intensity and yes the damage needs to be higher 65 is too low. I think 80 damage might be best but 70 is fine, not real sure on the damage but 65 feel weak..

Comment

-They should put Lightning Gun on classic DM maps. 65 dmg per shot is very good for sniper on maps like Facing Worlds.
        -In UT 2004, Sniper had a huge smoke effect and bomb-like sound. I'd like to see that.
        -Even though the futuristic look is **** good, the scope looks off place. That's my only problem about the model.
        -Really, I don't think you can make sniper do good in both CTF and DM at the same time. Lightning gun can take its place for certain maps- if its primary fire dmg is upped ofc.
        Check the Hybrid Rocket L. Here:https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ed​​​​

Comment

I think sniper looks ok, but maybe not arena shooter kind of weapon and I don't like the loading animation + sound. I want to be able to turn them off.

In my opinion sniper feels weak because of slow fire rated combined with rather low damage. I would like to see slightly faster fire rate, even if it means lower damage (or make somehow hit box even smaller).

I know there are now players that hit very well with sniper, that is why it is tricky to balance it, but faster fire rate would fit the game better.

Comment

Futuristic game but still cant manage semi-automatic? Sniper head shot damage needs to be upped to at least 150. Hit box is a little too small for the headshot as well. Need to find a happy medium; headshots are very random with the gun; even when you get them; they aren't that scary to the enemy.

Comment

2 headshots with a shield (100,100) should be able to take someone down. Dmg does need to be higher 75-80

Comment

Formerly critic, create new concept and proposition it. Some one create that sniper many days. I find it cool, but personally me like more military and brutally variations. It always was sniper rifle, not railgun or something else. It was sniper at 99, it sniper now- that's right

Comment

Working...
                X