No announcement yet.

Flak cannon balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Smurgl. The secondary is waaay too large a hit area.

Comment

There are numerous problems with flak, the biggest of which is that nothing about it appears as it is in use, which is not just a problem with flak.
      Originally posted by Mysterial
      An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

"The secondary is waaay too large a hit area." Are you serious? The secondary is very weak and unreliable compared to previous UT releases. The main problem is it's trajectory it goes up and then it immediately falls (originally it went straight if you wanted it to go further/higher you had to aim higher simple). When you are higher than your opponent and shoot straight at his direction the flak shell flies over his head doing nothing. The current trajectory also slows it down making it very easy to dodge. Rocket launcher's rockets' speed is very slow too and you can't shoot 3 rockets in the spiral mode anymore which makes this weapon unreliable for me. I hope they won't make the flak cannon overheating xd.

Comment

Working...
        X